/ovg/ - Wheel condoms on my USF1000 edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Our Mumble server is incredibly active and features over 30 regular visitors, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!8UgXTb4b!U88XGyEDGbG7rzsc070VIXX_wmazcjlUOws6Je0jZsI
dropbox.com/s/wagws5w7swyj028/USF2000_2016_v1.003.rfcmp?dl=0
mediafire.com/file/r4n9omr92diag8g/EuroSuperkart_2011-2013.7z
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: SuperKarts
youtube.com/watch?v=uEKEe0d9-L8
youtube.com/watch?v=5U59K4mZ1xI&t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=2BUh8Prj5qo
youtube.com/watch?v=p-3VL2zW1WE
youtube.com/watch?v=YIJ0X28pMRg
racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weathers.11194/
racedepartment.com/downloads/tor-poznań.6118/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for iRacing has the best simulation value

USF2000 BELOW

mega.nz/#!8UgXTb4b!U88XGyEDGbG7rzsc070VIXX_wmazcjlUOws6Je0jZsI

USF2000 ABOVE

THIS IS NOT AN RFCMP. TO INSTALL IT, UNPACK THE USF2000 FOLDER TO YOUR DOCUMENTS/RFACTOR2/INSTALLED/VEHICLES FOLDER

what if I don't have a documents/rfactor2 folder

USF2000 Server is up with Palm Springs (Homestead-Miami Speedway Road Course) and Lime Rock Park which are both ISI tracks. They'll automagically download if you don't have them.

Server name is WAT: USF9001 password 4ch

uhhhh try the program files/rfactor 2 folder? i honestly dunno

i already tried that, no worky. guess i'll wait for the rfcmp or rfmod file. i'll also try just creating the documents directory, sometimes that works in other games

dropbox.com/s/wagws5w7swyj028/USF2000_2016_v1.003.rfcmp?dl=0

Reminder this Saturday (11/26) there will be SuperKart races starting at 8PM GMT on rFactor 1. Feel free to join in on the fun, years of simracing experience not required.

There's the "installed" folder where you installed rFactor 2 (if you pirated it) and then find cars inside that folder and put it there

like i said i tried that, the cars don't show up in the game that way

nice

gonna be fun

@16209324
@16209393
finally an rf1 series cant wait see you guys saturday!

especially on low irating

Hah that one is funny

oh

Which car/track mods?

I know, it will be fun with the more people there. Thanks to the user who posted the event info on r/simracing, it'll allow more people than just the chans to see the event as well.

Track is going to likely be Sardian Heights Long, just because of it being vanilla and thus less content to download. Mod link is here:
mediafire.com/file/r4n9omr92diag8g/EuroSuperkart_2011-2013.7z
As for server information, that can be found here:
autogamescoalition.liveracers.info/Live/?server=OGC: SuperKarts

eat a hotdog out of my asshole sj..

fuck off

Why are you doing it through /ogc/ and posting it here SJ? Why not just keep it /ovg/??

It's easier to organize on /ogc/ than /ovg/ since I'm still banned from the mumble, so it's easier to post updates and the like using /ogc/ discord. Plus with having three communities to post on (/ogc/,/ovg/ and r/simracing) it only means more people to see the events.

how in the ...

tfw 165hp gets away from you in 4th gear

neat

sup, jann

simdads

COMPREHENSIVELY

btfo

by a congolese kid on a dreamcast fishing rod

>We don't have the numbers. And they go through threads daily, when they have 500 post bump limits iirc.
Why do you lie. There is a SEVENTEEN DAY old thread with barely over 600 posts on Veeky Forums right now, drunk Australians alone make more posts than that.

OK bro

We're here because we're auto enthusiasts too, right...?

No we're here because we like getting gangraped by hobos on the bus.

Oh sweet the West Bend shortcut!

Wow even in a simulator half of Veeky Forums can't drive for shit.

now tell us something we dont know

M3 is the best muscle car

post benchmarks

pls don't bully

ADIDAS

f2000 turnleft series WHEN

probably pickups on fridays or sundays. possibly saturdays that don't have ranwec, need to find some traccs for it.

Picked these up for around forty bucks at a small game store. Please excuse the two copies of Burnout, I accidentally put it in the picture.

Not pictured: Tourist Trophy

Burnout Revenge is excellent, Enthusia is best enjoyed with a wheel (sucks otherwise), Auto Modellista is neat novelty. TXRZ/TXRD2 is autism focused (if you're a weeb, you'll love the whole series), Tourist Trophy does Gran Turismo 4 better than Gran Turismo 4.

Any questions?

ranwec is dead

auto modellista was so fun

Holy fuck I love the 919, it's so weird how much grip you get by pressing the throttle out of slow corners and ridiculous how much extra power the hybrid system gives you

youtube.com/watch?v=uEKEe0d9-L8

Its fun, but the physics make like zero sense. It's a great concept as a game and is super cool.

I like that it doesn't force you to start small, and the lack of currency really allows you to enjoy the game instead of grinding for stuff.

Pls add ISI not-Kentucky to the F2000 pickup server kthx

God no even not-Richmond feels too big

>Off work, time to play USF2000 finally
>Go to set up wheel and run some laps for the first time in about 5 months
>Right paddle shift is broken
>FFB power cable is missing
>Pedals are broken
>Will not have extra monies to buy a replacement for at least 4 months

I want to die.

You got ripped off.

Auto Modellista is shit with terrible physics.

You really think I got ripped off? It doesn't seem too bad for in store prices. I didn't want to get them in the internet because I didn't want to wait for them to my door step.

I'm actuslly playing Auto Modellista right now. It's not the simulator it claimed to be, but I'm having fun making wacky cars. My viper can do 100 MPH in first. It's pretty neat.

nigga I don't care I had it on xbox in 2002 who the fuck cared about physics then?

why do you guys play such trashy looking games?

lack of taste

because all good racing games currently look trashy

I would if you buy me the game

But i play Horizon 3

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=5U59K4mZ1xI&t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=2BUh8Prj5qo
youtube.com/watch?v=p-3VL2zW1WE

r8 my time attack senpaitachi...also played on Dolphin because PS2 is ded...

youtube.com/watch?v=YIJ0X28pMRg

>iRacing makes video about how driving on their simulator helps people learn the track and be competitive
>But the only sim that has that particular track is rFactor 2

APEX KEK

Finally

good lad, youre not included

-

cf varis evo x kit is available in every color as long as that color is red

Enthusia is so great, shame Gran Turismo got all the attention when Enthusia actually was a simulator.

Currently in the Assettoland Porsche Pack II server. Join in? I suck though.

Took that picture yesterday, at work now, doing nothing

>Porsche GT1
If kunos makes the Toyota GT-One, the CLK GTR and the V12LM BMW, and they dig vegan food, I can take them down to my work and have them cook something that they'll really love.

How does it fare against the turd 919?

this.

>Virtua Simulazioni has been teasing a Toyota GT One mod for AC since forever
>been sitting at "80% progress" since they released the '98 McLaren
>they released some other mods
>still no single update on the GT-One

I just wanna drive my all time favorite car, is that too much to ask for? ;_;

I haven't got that one for AC so I wouldn't know

How do i Itasha?

Need for Speed or The Crew?
Both are on sale on psn I'snt the newest NFS all freeway driving?

The Bunch

Most of what I remember from the 10h trial of NFS 2015 on PC are the murky city environments. There's a lot of highway but it didn't really stick. Maybe on the later part of the story it plays a more important part.

I'd still take The Crew, NFS' biggest strength is the vinyl editor that manages to be on par (if not better thanks to the text tool) than what Forza has. The story is quite forgettable, handling is a bit unpredictable at times which can be deceiving (more so than TC) and, at least on PC, the loading times were awful.

Don't buy NFS, just don't

It's not all highway driving at all, but the physics will just hurt your head, even the most agile cars drive like War Thunder tanks, the "story" is cringy as fuck, and the events are dudebro Ken Block tier shit

The customization is enjoyable, but EVERYTHING is locked until you've scored enough random points or whatever the fuck the idea was but basically free roam to unlock

Tor Poznan winter layout is super comfy at 9am with 106_gbW_before storm weather from here
racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weathers.11194/
racedepartment.com/downloads/tor-poznań.6118/

You make this game look fun. All the videos on youtube just make it seem really unappealing.

D Class strong.

didn't we run this track for a skip barber pick up race iirc? anyway that track looks really well made

Yes we did, in summer trim, it's a great little track

I've reinstalled the ufs mod with the pack and installed dx redist june 2010, I still get ctd. I'm going to update the amd drivers.

make sure you bios is up to date as well. I had a ctd problem because something fucked up the way the gpu communicated with everything else for a month and finally checked and there was an update for mine that coincided with a windows update.

only works with a server but I've been running near zero temps and it's fun
base ambient temp: 2, base road temp: 0 will get you 2 degrees air and road temp
95-97% grip

I've got a 2007 setup, no bios updates since 2009. I don't update windows in my games partition, I install the bare minimum to run games.

>almost 2017
>video game racetracks STILL have hard edges between asphalt and grass/ground

We long past the point where rendering ability was the primary limitation to track quality, technology won't improve shitty artists

as opposed to?

...nope, crashes again.

I'll try to lower the oc. If that doesn't work I'll reinstall rf2.

I hate this too. My eyes are on the asphalt all the time, why bother doing a photorealistic landscape that looks good in screenshots when the thing that's constantly in the point of view isn't on par. Fugg "screenshot" style.

soft merged edges

but that's a public road, not a neatly manicured racetrack

all of the day bro

Gnik Rats btfo

Kyle Busch has Daytona USA in his house. Is he /ourguy/?

VON

DATA SHEET

MAKE CAR

secret pictures too

>slower than a Veyron
Mach V is in the NU category

>30 fps

How is this allowed?

I want to drive v10 era f1 cars. What game should I play?

>not playing on PC at 60 FPS
how does it feel to be poor?

I forgot that it was on PC. I don't have a cuckware OS installed.

An F1 game from the V10 era seems like a choice that would be fitting with your requirements.

Or one of the dozen F1 mods made for rfactor and perhaps other sims.