/simg/ Simulation Games General

Presidential Palace edition

Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MYn46wKYBZI
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178083
strawpoll.me/11821756/
crossfade.io/#!/nb91xbknih
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175734
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for remove paki

m113 is cute plz no bully

I asked this last thread but people were too busy shitposting to answer

Should I just ignore the AoA indexer on the F-5? If I follow the ball down, I'm coming down way too goddamn fast to flair for touchdown without tail striking, and if I don't flair I collapse the main gear legs.

4th for no merge

Fuck off all you disgusting shitters who want /a3g/ to even have a chance to try to shitpost their way into this general.
The thread's not dying of inactivity. You can fuck right off

this
i regularly visit threads that get those
"page 10 bump" posts and they all do fine as well

i say its quite the kneejerk reaction/excuse to try and shovel shit in

I just freeball the thing down.

It's been a while that I follow it down proper, but I don't recall having that issue. It's just a guideline, and once you get close enough you need to use your own judgment with when to flare. If you just follow the thing all the way into the runway then of course you're going to land like a Navy pilot.

Any word on when explosions in DCS will actually be good? It ruins ground attack for me, I want to see massive lingering dust clouds when I drop a bomb.

Only thing that feels satisfying rn is air to air cannons.

Maybe 2.5, which has been suggested to get updated effects but nothing is confirmed in the slightest on that front.

This thread isn't dying due to inactivity, but the hordes of shitposters are trying pretty hard to put it down. There's a lot less activity around here than there used to be (remember back when we gave a shit about blueflag?), and I attribute that mainly to so many posts being blatant shitposts that a lot of people (myself included, at times) just get fuckin' sick of it and leave.

If only there were some group of people who were given tools to delete shitposts and ban repeat offenders, perhaps reported via a button on each post. Maybe you could pay some of them, even!

>tfw you saved so much autism bux from being agoraphobic that you have to spend a thousand pounds soon to avoid hitting a limit and getting taken off welfare

oculus rift release WHEN

whats the biggest bomb dcs even has anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=MYn46wKYBZI

>just give mod powers to anyone
Yeah sounds like a great idea

Probably the MiG 21's nuke

>just give mod powers to anyone

I was being ironic and saying the existing mods don't do their goddamn jobs, as evidenced by the unfettered continuous shitposting fucking everywhere.

MERGE WHEN?

Would anyone here be a regular poster in a Squad general?

If it meant playing squad more. But only if it were separate from simg

kh-65 - 3,500 pounder on the tu-95/160 unless you count the mig-21 nukes

Having a discussion about the future of the thread and possible emergence of a new thread isnt shitposting just because it upsets you. Admittely there is an arma shitposter, but you are acting like everything is a shitpost

I just eyeball it, by the time I'm flaring I'm usually on the ball anyway.

Most common /simg/ post:

>page 10

Not talking about that. That's fine- the merge shit is whatever, I don't feel one way or another on it.

What I mean is the anime posters who don't even attempt to be on-topic (or if they do post something vaguely on-topic, it's there just to give them an excuse to post some dumbfuck smug anime image). The legions of people asking why /a3g/ isn't allowed in even though it's been explained three posts up. The shitty attempts at baiting...

like just look at the previous thread, look at the posts prior to people calling for a merge (because that actually sparked some discussion which drowned out the shitposts).

When does the DCS Christmas sale start up?

I can make the thread great again with high quality bait, should I?

>post one anime reaction image
>people now call you animeposter
That is not how it works you little shit.

>animefag such a little cuck that not even other weebs want to be him

That being said, fuck off weeb

>people getting mad even if i don't post

A2A focus in DCS is shit, whats the fucking point in just shooting down the other persons planes if you don't have a dedicated, non-slow attack plane to blow up their shit once you have em distracted or have air superiority

>Viggen

Well we're getting the Viggen soon and the F-18 in like 10 years

I mean you can sorta get away with just using MiG-21s or Mirages as strikers for the time being, they can carry a decent air to ground armament.

>soon

Mark my words, we won't get the Viggen by the end of the year. I wholly expect LNS to roll out another announcement about how they underestimated how much work was left to be done, and that the Viggen is indefinitely delayed.

>Everycunt asking for DCS eurofighters/gripens/rafales and 4.5 gen theaters

Why would anyone want to play in the S-400 time period where literally everything is standoff hell? Last time warfare was 'fun' was the late 90s

IL2 nails multiplayer desu. Every airframe has a role and is fun as fuck.

T H I S

Shit stops being fun once you get to active missiles if you ask me. 3rd gen is the most interesting to me, but the blueflag with R's and Aim7s is actually fun also.

Aaaaand here come the ww2/3rd gen shitters, like clockwork

DCS could be more fun if there were reasons to enforce realistic rules of engagement, too. Like, remove the FC3 eye-of-god IFF that can identify anything as either enemy or friendly, add in some neutral aircraft flying around that penalize the team that kills them, and then bam- you have a lot less BVR-only engagements happening, and those that do happen take longer to develop.

hello boys

ww2/3rd gen is objectively more fun, in my opinion :)

GOD IL-2 looks so fucking good
Better explosion/smoke/gunfire effects in DCS fucking when

T H I S
H
I
S

your opinion is objectively wrong tho

4.0 gen is fine

But player post-2000 scenarios in CMANO and you'll see how much AIDS the technology brings

DCS will never have nice clouds
DCS will never have good damage models
DCS will never have pretty particle effects

Your opinion is incorrect.

Except 2/3 of those already exist but the just won't fucking enable them because """performance concerns"""

fuck...off...Maverick

Active missiles are cancer and just make air combat boring

Explain your statement

I'm ralfi, nice try tho champ.

ww1 is the most fun

But no MiG((((

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178083

yeah but the new DCS clouds are still worse than IL-2

>thinks family guy is good
>has le joker smiley as his youtube av

No wonder you think active missiles are good, you have shit taste and are fucking stupid haha!

Haha, great meme my friend!

>giggity giggity thats what she said!

strawpoll.me/11821756/

neck and neck yo

I knew about the clouds but where are the secret particle effects or damage models?

And yet the new thread was made without your shitty gay OP

I said 2/3. And I don't know, but I have seen screenshots of the explosions. I think.

>This could be us but ED playin

No ArmA m8.

What this thread needs is less people saying 'bodied baited laddd' and more sharing & caring. Lets trade tips on how to get better and talk about cool military technology!

git gud or git bodied lad

Where's the proofs

Tell me about the MiG-23 vs F-4 matchup.

F-4 had the advantage because it's just kinda shit and not total shit.

Is the updated mi-8 in 1.5 or the 1.5 open beta? what should i download??

MANNNNNE STREAN MEDILA

If you need to spend it fast just buy one off ebay and wait.

>tfw almost 2016 and Qualitywings 787 enters Beta after 7 years but you still feel fucked over
>tfw still no CRJ
>tfw still no AS a330
>tfw still no pmdg 747v3
>tfw still no tfdi 717
My wallet is getting full ffs

ikr. who would possibly want the most in depth and complex fighters with the most features.

Because combat in them is boring.

crossfade.io/#!/nb91xbknih

full spectrum cold war DCS WHEN

Probably a bunch of garbage anyway. FSX/P3D/XP payware is a total ripoff 99% of the time.

Then why is BMS so fun

least played but best AC = FACT

Stop flying planes.

>le return to stoneage face

Dynamic campaign.

It becomes much more fun of you do the 1989 version that limits you to AIM-7s. Much more fun because the enemy is actually a threat.

How's the Gazelle these days? I see they finally added the other weapon systems to it.

yes

bumpy wumpy

/simg/ is an ok general

get fucked kiddo

>not having anti-canopy blades
only have yourself to blame

apache fucking WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Right after Eurocopter Tiger

Watch us get the kraut variant without the gun

>no spitfire news
>no viggo news

>wake up
>dcs is still irredeemable shit

RARE

>forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175734
>82%

If you ever hold a poll of "do you want more content" then the majority will always vote yes. Happens with anything.

>ED's fault