Native armor and fashion

Lets get a native american armor and fashion thread going.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pozACfuetmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some pics to start off with

Good shit, keep posting op.

Neato thread, user

bix nood

I always liked the Mochica.

> naked pike men

If that isn't saying you're begging to be conquered I don't know what is.

I gotchu

Mayan lady

Slightly related
The Priestess of Chornancap
Facial Reconstruction of an Ancient Peruvian Ruler

Patagonian natives.

>my lady

Cool. I painted a gouache illustration of this scene. Pic related.

Do you think there are places that still make stuff like this, even just for decoration?

I would love some of this stuff to be set up as a conversation piece

What stuff are you talking about specifically?

The armor mainly, I know there are people who still use the formal wear for certain ceremonies, beautiful work actually.

I know the Inca have began wearing traditional clothing in a Sun ceremony. Most indigenous clothing nowadays though has been influenced with Western styles.

That was going to happen eventually, besides surrealism was influenced by Native paintings so it is all give and take as things go on.

To think all those beautiful clothes were made out of camelids' wool. Man, I love the New World.

I am just amazed that we know so much about all the different aspects of their lives considering everything that went down.

Yeah, so little, yet so much. As if the New World is still being discovered.

noice

do you reckon they ever accidentally piked themselves in the balls

no.

Posting some more obscure native peoples appearances.

Man, this shit actually looks pretty cool, why did you guys kill them again?

Feels bad.

They practically killed themselves

Not trying to be edgy, but I fucking love ancient piercings and tattoos. To do that shit by hand with limited medical knowledge and primitive stone/metal tools is unthinkable to me. Getting your whole body tattooed by hand. Imagine how long that would take, how excruciatingly painful.

Also how the fuck did people come up with any of that shit? Imagine the first dude to get his nose or ears (let alone his dick) pierced, what a madman.

Wish i had something to contribute. Southeast Asian/Pacific stuff is especially wacky (I'm looking at you, Papa New Guinea).

4u

youtube.com/watch?v=pozACfuetmU

Who had those pufferfish helmets?

Colima warrior

Tlatilco culture predated both the Aztecs and Teotihuacan in the valley of Mexico. And they were contemporary to the Olmec.

Aztec dancers.

Lady of Cao's tattoos.

they all look like they have microcephaly

Man those women are unbearably T H I C C

Maya are pretty short. If you go to Guatemala and the Yucatan you'll find many are about 5 feet tall. I know one Maya lady she's about 4'9". Though it's odd because the Spanish friar de Landa in the 1500s remarked how tall the people of the Yucatan were.

They are interesting.

It's like he knows youre looking at him.

If they had had naked arquebuesiers to go with the naked pikemen they could have had a naked Spanish square.

>dat mic boom

bump

Zapotec Indian girl painted in 1928 with a wrap-around cotton skirt. Over her head and upper body is a sheer garment termed 'huipil grande'.

correction *1828 not 1928

That'll be because they practiced head binding.

Inca apuskipay aka commander-in-chief