/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/
r4-usas.com/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5gy7zb/
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5fsmp8/guide_to_transfer_a_psp_game_with_an_unactivated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for gay chicken

Reminder that DS from SD isn't worth waiting for.
Also, Nintendo knows that you're using homebrew apps (FBI, Freeshop, HBL, etc) when you're connected to the internet because the dev's didn't set the title/serials to valid values, and those get sent over the Friend Code network. Enjoy your bans.

>2 years for the 3DS to get hacked
>5 years for Vita

How long do you think the Switch will hold out?

5 hours

Here's hoping they don't go way back checking those if they ever actually pursue those.

>inb4 waitfags get triggered

There's a cute girl on campus that is selling a white Black Friday n3ds that has a9lh with luma 11.2 for 150$. She's also doing a service where I can pay 50$ to get my 3ds hacked. Should I, /hbg/? I was thinking of getting both and give the pre hacked one for my brother as a Christmas gift.

I don't know how to hack or anything. Closest thing I've done is homebrew with fiddler and ninjhax.

I also want to hold her hands!!

quicker than you cumming

do it yourself for free, its easy as fuck now.

What's the best place to get safe PS3 backups? I just installed rebug on my PS3 and I want to test it out with something. I've been to several sites that I trust, but I'm either met with dead torrents or games that don't interest me. I really want to try Ni no Kuni.

>finally broke down and got an R4
worth it

You had to previously have a ps3 linked to your vita, or you had to have a backup of the psp game on a PC running QCMA. I don't think there were any other ways of getting a psp game onto your vita(?)

>$50 to get a 3DS hacked
user, there's an idiot proof guide to follow. Why would you ever, ever pay for it?
also
>3DPD
kill yourself

Damn. I'll just use the PSP method then, even if it looks like a pain

second 3ds line should be edited for the next op as now almost any dsiware game works

>finally broke down and got an R4
where'd you get it?

Assuming Nintendo let Nvidia handle security, it should be pretty well put together. Nintendo's proven time and again that they're just not competent enough for the job.
>N3DS gets a bolstered security system but they fuck up an update to the implementation so bad it enables a 100% reliable prekernel exploit
>they even included a bunch of new keys they could've encrypted future updates with but they all got dumped and leaked before that could happen making them useless
>Wii U lasted a grand total of 30 days
>the fucking Trucha bug

nds-card.com
you can pay via payapl too. Also the shipping is only $2 if you can wait so my total order came to about $12. Make sure to NOT buy the microSD card from them though.

Wait, you don't actually need a PSP demo using Easy Adrenaline Installer?

it did when I did it

What a mess.

Someone PLEASE point to me to a full guide for installing ePSP.
I got a legit PS3 with PSP demos downloaded, an hacked PSP, and the hacked but unregistered Vita.
What's the easiest way to get ePSP using all this?

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

is this a good place to get an R4? r4-usas.com/

R E A D T H E T H R E A D

So with how quickly Nintendo consoles are hacked, how long do you think it will take for the current 3DS Firmware (11.2) to be hacked, allowing for either CFW installation or downgrading?

11.2 will still use hardmod or system transfer for awhile, if some day another arm9 exploit is found there will be no need for downgrading

5 Hours

As quickly as someone finds an exploit that runs on 11.2.

Thanks. Sound hard but at least I get to use wipeout

>Implying someone won't give it to Nintendo for that sweet $100 :^)

>give exploit to ninty for cash money
>anonymously release it afterwards for internet feel-good attention
The perfect plan.

Wait, this doesn't work on unactivated Vitas
What's the point?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

>>give exploit to ninty for cash money
>>anonymously release it afterwards for internet feel-good attention
That's not how it how it works they're gonna test the exploit and are going to know you fucking did it.

I just don't understand why arm9loader was a thing

Were they not able to modify the bootrom or something?

See the thing about Read Only Memory is it's Read Only. As in, Cannot Write To.

I'm not talking about doing it once the console is released, I'm talking about doing it at the factory.
The N3DS is a hardware revision, with a new SoC. What was stopping them changing the bootrom?

PS4 CFW when? i want to try let it die

why not?

compatibility with older 3ds titles and dsiware

When do you think the Ps4 will have a nice full exploit similar to how the 3DS and Wii U are running games?

is there any way to back up saves for an 11.2 3ds i'm about to hack?

the target 3ds has oothax but JKSV doesnt seem to work.

any alternatives?

>psp on vita - check
>ps1 on vita fuckin when
>hentai on vita fuckin when

isn't that a compliment

>Nintendo now has a bounty system for 3DS hacks

rest in pepperoni /hbg/

After beating SMM and a 100-mario challenge, I decided to get Mario Adventure working on my 2DS. Here's how it went down:

>Create a VC inject; get pic related. 60 fps.
>Run it on FCEUMM3DS; colors correct at 45 fps.
>Try the retroarch version; 30 fps.
>Try other retroarch cores; unplayable. Boots to black screen or crashes.

> Get TWLoader and NesDS
> 60 fps and no graphical garbage
> Reset audio once and it's perfect

nds rom loading trumped all native 3ds NES emulators.

>hentai on vita fuckin when
Some weeks ago

lol, any fucking DSiWare game works to downgrade now, even cheaper than before too:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5gy7zb/
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

Remove sissy anime boys.

p-proof?

Hi user
Kill yourself

Remove their testicles so they can be more perfect and submissive sissies!

I want to go online with my 3DS and seems like I can't because I have the system in 11.1.

I think I'm using Reinand, and I guess everyone is using arm9 and with that people can upgrade online, right? I'm used to upgrade offline but no one seems to dump the upgrade.

I don't know shit about cfw and I'm too retard to get it right. Please help.

I am a airplane.

Eiyuu Senki

Delete yourselves off the planet.

Post some screens.

>get black friday 3ds
>browserhax not possible, buy freakyfunforms
>browserhax gets fixed when freakyhax arrives
>"get legends of xcidia for slowhax now!"
>get legends
>legends get pulled
>within minutes, update to dsihax allows ANY game to be used
>about to send off 3ds for hardmod

so anons, based on current trends, how likely is it that slowhax is released as soon as it's mailed? N->100%?

A9LH guide in OP

Is this gif still valid for the easiest way to get off of rxtools/menuhax? I haven't played my 3DS in a year and I heard games are having trouble launching on rxtools nowadays.

Because you're paying with time, which is more valuable than the 16 dollars it costs to ship an R4 from mainland China in 2 days.

Just go get the game, it's on the usual (shit) place

What time does the freeshop usually update?

PS1 on Vita WHEN
Vita SD adapter WHEN
Wii U proper redNAND WHEN
PS4 piracy WHEN
????

I'm running uTikDownloadHelper on OSX through wine and for some reason after I add the titlekey site into the box it just says Error. Anyone had this issue?

At least you can still resell Freakyforms for a decent price, and better do it soon, musichax is gonna be released at 33c3 and the price is gonna plummet. Also, getting a hardmod done is the most protection you can ask for on a 3DS, so it's hardly a waste.

Can I still use smashax as a valid entry point? I thought I had gone through the process of installing menuhax on my n3ds but apparently I didn't, and was just using a browser exploit. Now that's shut off I can't get in, or haven't realized an entry point.

I have also gathered that Rxtools isn't the thing to be using anymore, and I assume pasta falls in the same boat. So I'm still on emuNAND and wanting to simplify my o3ds into whatever the newest thing is without sacrificing any tools.

Nevermind, I'm a retard

never
never
been out for a while
never

Is there any benefit to psp on vita if you already have a hacked psp?

>been out for a while
Don't lie to me you fucking whore
Stop riding on that baseball bat and tell me when

ja but for 65 dollary doos though? that only includes shipping one way

I also need to know about this. How the fuck do I get off RX tools?

Yeah, and Nintendo waited for years before starting to ban.

Nah, current Lumas use arm9loaderhax.bin on all entrypoints now, and copying /luma/ is no longer necessary. Do this instead:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

I liked ps3iso and ps3repack. Whatever I couldn't find there, I'd just look for torrents.

Also, you can just get PSN version of games instead of getting the actual isos. There's a program that can download them straight from Sony's servers, kinda like freeShop on 3DS. You can even get delisted games that aren't on PSN anymore like Scott Pilgrim.

Look up PSNstuffX

Why can't people stop doing this shit?

Great post

no

>vitamin
Hmmm...

>ps3iso
God I'm fucking retarded. There's a 3DS and a WiiU one. Why didn't I realize there would probably be one for the PS3?

>PSNstuffX
MUH

Thanks user! You're alright, for a tripfag

>tfw that user stopped lurking because of Henkaku

I haven't tried it, but I hear dual analog helps with games like MonHun.

Happy to help, user. Enjoy the beauty of a hacked PS3.

Kek, he hasn't posted in a while

If I pirate a PSP game and place it on the PS3, what's to stop me from transferring it to my hacked PSV? I already have an exploited PSP, so I don't need adrenaline; I'm just curious

I need help, can't find what I'm doing wrong
>download shovel knight maidump
>un zip
>put it in vita's mai foilder
>maidump tool can't install the folder

there are so few steps, I can't find what could I be doing wrong

There's no signature validating the game. The Vita will reject it.

So, the Wii U, 3DS, PS Vita and PS3 have backup loading.

...so what about the Xbox 360? Is there a CFW or whatever out for it? Anyone got any links?

Is the game dump in the right folder, or do you have a folder within a folder? Is it named correctly?

Woah! This hall is dangerous!

Didn't the public key get released some time ago?

Is there anything worth playing on the X360 that's not available on the PC and PS3?

You need a legit signature.
This is a terrible mess. I thought I was safe getting the demos ready on PS3 but that's not the case at all.
My only hope is this reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5fsmp8/guide_to_transfer_a_psp_game_with_an_unactivated/

I don't have a PS3 or a strong PC soo.... Yeah.

>Is there anything worth playing on the X360 that's not available on the PC and PS3?
Lost Odyssey springs to mind. Blue Dragon maybe. Tales of Vesperia in English. Not that user by the way.

Currently have a N3DS XL on Emu 11.2 Luma 6.6
I get an error of 002-0119 when I try to use anything that isn't the Eshop such as pokemon moon or friends list any ideas?

browserhax is possible if you can ssh into ur router or have a rooted android phone

Emu

>or do you have a folder within a folder?
ok, that was my problem, don't know how I miss that, thank you