Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Fap: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Stream Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Dickscord Server: discord.gg/013IDtABv9b2ChJO

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shitboxrallyau-2017.everydayhero.com/au/danger-zone#/?_k=475n4t
news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for WAT WAD

D R I N K M E E T

DEC 3 or DEC 10
post what's better for you

Little Creatures to Quindanning Hotel

Don't forget: JAN 11 at Motorplex

Recommend me some entry level luxo cars guys.
Something big-ish so no A3s or 3 series.

1st for adelaide best driving roads

The best roads for experiencing the bumps and holes of being off road while on a road.

Funny way to spell canberra

This actually.

>low population
>nice empty roads
>actually maintained

Should've been a pic of HSV's mum's Getz with no ABS.

wouldn't the getz have abs from factory? Isn't it a law since 1007 or something for all new cars to have abs or something?

If it wasnt for the shitload of cameras at every intersection, it would be beast.

I still miss Canberra though. Gotta be my favourite Australian city.

Think so.
Not that I'm much of an authority on cheap korean shit, but they might have left it off the older budget-spec 1.4L ones.

Anyway, learning to feather brakes isn't real hard.

He claimed the ABS suddenly failed and that him being really high and "rally driving" had nothing to do with the crash.

lol?
ABS doesnt fail off road it just doesnt work at all.

Itt: PLEBS who have never heard of the adelaide hills and are afraid of a little bump

>coming up to an intersection
>green light
>turning right
>car on the other side of the intersection wasn't moving and only started moving to get into the same lane i was moving into, after i was halfway through the intersection
>they nearly hit me
>stop at the next lights
>look into my rear view mirror
>a woman was driving

Wait is their a vehicle preference?
Bike or car?
Also whos remembering that route, cose I know I wont be able to

He claimed his car is one without ABS.
Said if it DID have ABS he wouldn't have crashed into the dirt wall.

He wasn't really rallying, he was driving his mothers Getz on normal roads in the hills.

Don't think there is
Got a satnav
I think brakes
Also noise is back but less. Also no noise in reverse.

Most of the light cameras in act are one direction only

Calais, G6E

You clearly haven't been to Tasmania.

>jacarandas right over those cars (((triggered)))
who else is sick of them already?
there's one just above my driveway.
>flowers accumulating everywhere
>cant use wipers
>they rot and gross debris forms

this, mainland can't compete with taswegia for hooning roads

Montacute, gorge, greenhill, lobethal, mount lofty..... the list could go on

Ah adelaide wins again

>No HWP
>Cops are usually pretty sparse in general and can be pretty forgiving if you do get pulled over
>road surface is usually pretty decent
>dat scenery
>roads are usually empty unless you come down in the tourist season

See

>that one faggot that jerks off over his state so bad he breaks his arm
Our roads are total shit and there are speed cameras everywhere.

South australian scenery is better. Especially hills region.

>speed cameras everywhere

LOL not even true try victoria mate adelaide has very few speed cameras and wtf are you doing speeding in the city/suburbs for.anyway.especially when you have some of the worlds greatest driving roads minutes from adelaides east

>worlds greatest driving roads
yeah if you like driving on roads with more holes than swiss cheese

Maybe if you've never been anywhere else m8.

10th is best, what time?

>oh no it's a little bumpy!

Fuck, forgot about the SA meet. When we doing this cunts? I hear some riverlanders are coming down for it

Meets cancelled due to bumpy roads actually.

oh no that sucks man I'm utterly devod over this new piece of news

>booked green Ps for next week
>thought greens were only one year
>find out in NSW they are two years
was hype to get something crazy but now im cucked for the next two at minimum

also update on dog i found.
got in contact with the owners.
stupid chinese people. when i opened the door of my car to let the dog out he was cowering and seemed afraid of the woman.
he didnt seem excited to see the woman, when he was at my place he wagged his tail constantly and jumped everywhere.
bitch probably beats him.
jimmy i'm sorry i shouldve kept you, if i see you again i wont let you go ;_;

>just an all round sad time

You baka. That poor dog is about to become dinner as punishment for running away

Last thread someone said mobile speed cameras operate 24/7 in SA, is this true?

yeah poor little dude.
that cone he had on his neck was dirty as hell and really old looking. I looked the dog over and he had stitches that looked like they'd been done months ago.
obvs neglected.

>just ditching a doggo like that to be consumed by gooks
Fucking sickening

they were his legal owners, i wouldve gotten raped for theft or something along those lines

I just got my opens but have never actually owned a car, just driven around friends and family in their cars for fucking years because I live in the shitty.

Recommend me a decent first car for someone who's only driven taxi before? I've done some basic wrenching stuff like swapping out wheel hubs, general servicing, installing replacement parts from the wreckers and shit like that, nothing tricky like rebuilding engines or tuning some hectic turbo setup.

Wouldn't mind something I could do some DIY mod fuckery on, Doesn't matter if it has huge balls or not, but I've never driven a V8 and it sound deliciously appetizing, but I also like the look of old shitbox rwd corollas.

All the cars I've driven are around late 80s to early 00s (Toyotas and Subarus) and have all be manual, Ice checked the sticky but I'm not sure what car I should actually go for.

I've got about 20k to spare, but I don't think I should throw it all to my first car as I don't actually know what I like at the moment, is there a good balanced car out there that'll let me have a taste of everything that isn't a Commodore it Falcon? Just curious as to alternatives because that's probably what I'll end up getting (either a BA or a VE)

Was he microchipped?

VY/VZ SS or BA/BF XR6T

yeah

Theres so much out there and it's difficult everything has pros and cons.
toyotas are great and reliable but the tuner ones can be pricey, some subarus have shit five speed or unkillable six speed trans but the boxer engine is flawed, evo has a based engine but its unreliable and difficult to service.

Tuner cars (think all the jap mememobiles) are good because so much has been done with them before and there is tonnes of information, forums and resources to go to.

>putting some hektik coles brand oil in the excel
>have to pick up mum from work so im rushing
>notice tons of caked shit on inside of oil filler cap
>slip while wiping it off and drop it in dirt
>oil in cap makes sure the dirt isnt going anywhere
Boi i'm mad, how tf do i clean grit and shit out 100%
Dont want that shit in my oil

Honestly don't like the looks of the VZ/VY don't think I could cope with it as my DD, never driven a turbo before either so maybe the XR6T would be fun.

A Jap mememobile might be okay, maybe one on the larger side. What are the older Skylines like? (The R31 is listed in the OP image like the corolla.) Might also get a Lexus for build quality as it's in the OP too, but just not that model, what are the big fat boaty ones like? The ones that look like bigger Cressidas.

Thanks for the replies, I'd start asking about 4x4s but I don't have use for one as cool as I think they are.

>reflecting on the nudes i posted in the /dat/ generals a few threads ago
>realised i was a fuckboy
I feel terrible now

well did you fuck her?

i could, but i cant bear to see that troglodyke face of hers

you were posting the texts too? why feel terrible lol

i texted with the help of /dat/

v8 FG or turbo FG?

turbo

turbo V8 FG

Babe. It's an excel running on Coles brand oil. Dirt is the least of its concerns

Compund charged V8 on nitrous FG

>Tfw not an ausfag
>Tfw you will never be able to participate in a shitbox rally

You can always donate to the cancer council on behalf of my shitbox rally though, friend

shitboxrallyau-2017.everydayhero.com/au/danger-zone#/?_k=475n4t

we dont really have a time yet.
fairly early would be the go, dunno what it will be like getting out of freo, plus its not like quindanning is close to anybody

Could do either 3rd or 10th, might be enough time to paint the wagon.

Gonna paint a wagon, gonna paint it good

Riverland cunt here, might come too if I get the shocks done in time.

doggo :(

I work on Saturdays until 12pm :(

Anybody know any good driving roads around Perth? also, my 2001 320i is jerking hard if you take off the slightest bit wrong or get on the throttle a bit too quickly. Is this an engine/transmission mount issue? despite it making clunking noises from the rear when doing this it is not the subframe I have checked under the back and not seen any cracks.

Marangaroo at 4am

treat it like a rally course

>Marangaroo
Which part of it? that strip of dirt patch land next to the golf course?

this fella is functionally retarded.
how about the 17th im working the others.
still a sat.
opinions? those who feel drunk or as tho they will be missing out can crash at mine (mandurah) afterwards.
i promise i wont feed or touch you

6am
Can't sleep
What do lads?

Space Hulk Deathwing Beta is released.
Be aware that the game crashes regularly though.

You could get a 1-series beemer. Turbo 4 is in your price range, very modern and has manual+rwd for the eventual skid vid that you'll post here.

Lexus - ls400 is incredibly well made and designed, go for the facelifted one if you're getting one. Handles better than statesman/fairlane and engine is arguably smoother+better because OHC
GS300 is similar but harder to find in decent condition. Also only auto and n/a 2jz so its a bit of a let down. Theres usually someone who has a 2jzgte swapped in and manual @ 11-12k. Could also get a toyota aristo and its the same thing basically

Listen to Kerser's new banger of an album.

Kerser sucks m8

(You)

Nice bait

>evo has a based engine but its unreliable
When will this meme die? It's like when people say Silvias are unreliable because some retard they knew blew up an SR20 with eBay parts and "a tune".

wow I love crankwalk now

It's coming, lads.

I don't get this pattern. I can still quite clearly make out the lines and shit of the car,i thought that's what it was supposed to hide.

Not a problem with the 6-bolt 4G63 and more common in the DSM than the Evo.

It gives us a good idea but we've also seen the concept for it already so we're not exactly working blind in the first place.

Maybe it's more for when the vehicle is moving.

Utterly cibic

new pc test

>look at me every one
gee wiz did it work?

It's true m8

>mfw fancy burger are the best burger chain in adelaide

Legit good stuff boys. Make sure you stop by chilli mojo on your way back from your epic hills runs in australias BEST driving state for the man who enjoys long, convinient twisting roads.

How did the date go faggot?

>salty AF victorian detected

Relax m8 theres plenty of room in adelaide for you here. Come on down and pay us a visit!

Whaddiya lads reckonthe best state for fourby is? Post pics desus

He can't visit Adelaide, his car will fall into your massive potholes.

Reee rip dunnydoor

That's a civic mate. Not the new lolden "" "commodore/prius"""

How goes the /scenc/ boiz

it looks like garbage

what happened to the traditional large sedan? I would have at least settled on a 2017 Impala or that delicious 2017 Buick Lacrosse

Well, that's a civic, not anywhere near the barges you suggested

news.com.au/national/the-2017-holden-commodore-will-be-made-in-china/story-fncynjr2-1226783057648

Reading this article out of interest, im actually excited about the new commodores styling cues its taking on which involves having a lower roofline. Thank fuck for that