Switch major to business

>switch major to business
>almost all of the students are republicans/conservatives

What the f*ck

Liberals don't typically know or care what it's like to run a business. They just assume all business owners are super mega rich and therefore those liberal parasites are entitled to their money.

Most liberals will never know life outside of demanding handouts and wage slavery. I call it the Bernie Sanders mindset. Instead of promoting people to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and be a success, he promoted a lifestyle of "look at me I'm a victim give me free shit!"

>Le bootstraps meme

Ugh

Except it's quite literally not a meme

Anyways as to answer your question. If people hate Business they don't major in it.

There's better majors like Arts, gender or women's studies where you'll see almost entirely liberals

Don't fall for the troll biz

We're supposed to be smarter than this guy

#feelthebern

That's because business is a major for mouth breathing retards so they can make their equally retarded rich daddies proud.

If you pick a major that is actually useful or requires any intelligence (i.e. computer science or physics respectively) you'll see the population leans left.

I majored in business and got my first job 55k starting

My mechanical engineering friends first job was only 50k

Stemtards need to fuck off

I mean it isn't really that unwarranted if you think about it. And it can also apply to some of STEM and maybe Law. I also switched to Business and I knew from immediacy that most people who applied in my classroom were conservative af. There's nothing more redpilled than caring about your family's welfare which cannot be satisfied with a Sociology degree. Yeah even if some of us are greedy jews. Now I do not understand why would someone think nondegeneracy as negative, or maybe it's just more nonsensical neo liberals MO

Liberal arts schools are godless too, it's nothing new. Hence their lack of culture and soul

Engineering is for retards who couldn't cut it in REAL science.

I'm making $70k straight out of college, and got offers as high as $98k. Go ahead and look at the average starting wages for CS majors, pleb.

This.
I'm about to graduate with a CS degree. No internships or anything. Just went to class and did some small stuff on the side when I was interested.
Landed a sweet job easily with lots of benefits.

Makes sense. People who get into business are greedy and entitled, they believe they shouldn't have to pay taxes, so they support policies that benefit them.

>cs
>real science

'''''computer'''''' '''''science'''''''

The "computer" part is correct at least

ok? whats the issue here?

>cs cucks looking down on engineers
what the world came to...
and most of them little nuggets coming out of uni with a cs degree can't even be trusted to fetch coffee to my coders.

Wow OP, you're telling me that people interested in business side with the political party that has a much larger focus on business and economic policy. Who would've ever known?

Why is this?
How does this happen?

well they don't actually teach you useful skills and real life programming at the uni. they learn the basics of basics but even then lot's of options for half assed work, cheating and passing with minimal effort not really understanding a goddamn thing.

so some 80% of them coming out are utterly worthless half of the remaining already knew programming before starting the uni so they didn't learn shit there just scraped by, some of the remaining actually got hooked at the uni but most off them just had enough of the courses stuck on them to be able to learn quickly after employed.

Majored in finance. Also make 70k plus benefits right out of college.

What job did you get? Do any internships? What math should I refresh myself on too.
I was thinking of this path

You're fucked op.

You think it's just political views?

Check what private schools they're repping, they all know eachother & eachothers parents

AND you're a liberal? you're so fucked. sheep in a lions den.

Good luck on the opposite side of nepotism.

you need internships. this isnt hard if you live in a city

I stay around Dallas tx I should be good. My bet is graduating now, joining the army/navy for a few years as an officer and going back to school possibly a few years for finance . I'm majoring now in kinesiology/biz/political science but I'll need to specialize . The bachelors I get now will get me into an officer program in the military

What are you majoring in? those are all totally different.

I'd reccomend biz. Ive known some people who were officers (even enlisted) after college with biz background and really cashed out eventually. most employers like that background

Probably because liberals care more about art courses.

> this is what engineercucks actually believe
The reason you have slim pickings in an engineering firm is because any CS major who is even decent at programming can easily get a job at any of the big tech companies from Cisco to Google and be paid 6 figures to live like a kid in coastal California.

Everyday corporations get to choose from either the bottom 2% of the graduating classes or import dirty Indians because they can't afford us.

What kind of business degree should I get? Finance is a no go for me, it doesn't interest me

>economics major
>investment banking out of undergrad
>120k starting salary

l2lagrangian, pleb

Accounting/Finance are ez moni

>Jewish businessman
>They're a massive, massive liberal

Every time
Israelis are cool but just like other Israelis have told me, the Diaspora is cancer

What are some other good business degrees

A tier list of the business specialities if you will

>70K
>Bachelors
Wow it's fucking nothing. Grats on your mediocrity.

i'm not even sure if i should answer, you assume too much and then proceed to believe it. first of all i'm not an engineer unless you count "software engineers". i interview kids from uni almost every week. most of the time i can't fucking believe
>any CS major who is even decent at programming can easily get a job at any of the big tech companies from Cisco to Google and be paid 6 figures to live like a kid in coastal California
now that is most certainly not true. less than 0.5% of the applicants are actually hired, and those who dare apply are already the cream not some freshly out of uni greenhorns.
>Everyday corporations get to choose from either the bottom 2% of the graduating classes or import dirty Indians because they can't afford us.
jesus, that's not how it works, the tech giants only employ a tiny fraction of the dev population. also if you think the uni grads are not 99% pajeet tier amateurs you are totally out of touch with reality. which was my main point really. the vast majority of cs grads are useless. the cream goes to nice places sure, but that's slim pickings. the rest is mostly hopeless doesn't matter what grades they had.

>most of the time i can't fucking believe
*how inexperienced and clueless they are

Hmmm..

God Tier
Econometrics/Statistical Econ, Actuarial stuff, MBA with some engineering component. Also, any specialty program that fits your interest and is highly ranked.

Good Tier
Finance, Acco (if you want to be an accountant),Econ,Supply Chain/Ops

Shit tier
Marketing

Im not even putting HR in here.

For specialty programs, they vary by school.

oh wow you're right, people thinking of going into business also magically and coincidentally tend to have political views that don't demonize capitalism, who would have thought

By engineering componet what do you mean?

MBA dual major? That's a lot of schooling

Business is a meme degree anyway, nothing that makes a great entrepreneur can be learnt inside a classroom

I'm the guy you directly replied to. My job is kinda hard to explain, but I'm basically an M&A consultant for a large accounting firm. I had a corporate finance internship, but I had really good grades so it helped me transition to financial services. If you study finance, the math is not hard.

Most will drop out after awhile.

Well, duh. People go into business not because they have a particular creative passion or gift to share with the world.

They go into business to make money and be better than the person next to them.

It's like your surprised that most of the people that play basketball are tall.

I've seen this many times myself. I think on some level they are aware that liberal ideology erodes a society and they take some pleasure in seeing the world burn.

How is it about computers?

>dropping out of business

user, that's the major people drop INTO

My accounting classes were half engineers who got BTFO by the engineering coursework

Business Data Analytics, is this just a buzzword meme degree or is is actually useful/can be used to make money with?

It has accounting, finance and a good amount of CS classes.

Or am I better off just majoring in Accounting and Finance?

Republicans are too dumb for science and too smart for arts.

business owners lean slightly conservative, but not much. About half are what you'd call liberals (moderates mostly).

>"business"

>"""""degree"""""

>politics

>Ugh.

Fuck off Redditor.

This. There was a study a while back (that I can't find right now) and business undergrads and teachers had the lowest IQs of any university educated group.
It's important to understand business if you want to be happy in life, but you don't need to be very smart to understand it, so naturally, lots of idiots will go for business degrees that are incredibly easy to get.

Data analytics is a great way to get into the biz side of gaming. Esp mobile. But really, every industry is hot for data analytics right now. Great major.

causation doesn't imply correlation

you'll always need a foundation (pun intended) to capitalize on unless you're developing a theory on a broad spectrum of hypotheticals unoriginated from professional exp

IQ doesn't correlate to success

Yes if you are an 85 IQ brainlet you're not gonna get anywhere but once you get at least 110 IQ you can do pretty much anything you put your mind to, past 110 IQ it just makes things come much easier with less studying

*correlation doesn't imply causation

>IQ doesn't correlate to success
it does though.
thousands of studies prove it.
in general IQ is the strongest predictor of success we know of.

it just doesn't ALWAYS hold true. Plenty of high IQ individuals will be just as unsuccessful as you. Assuming you're low-IQ because you hold beliefs in direct contradiction with facts and then state them to people on the internets as if they were indisputable....

Of course the low IQ moron has fedora pics. Post them all, Cletus.

>being so mad that you have to reply to me with two different IPs.

Made me laugh, buddy.

I didn't reply.
I took your pic as a compliment and admission of surrender.

you're either smart enough to admit your error and tip a fedora my way, or dumb enough to think that knowing things is bad.

either way, thanks.

It's good though as the women do not go full Tumblrina

It's disheartening though to witness people struggling with simple tasks

autism

Oh right everyone on Veeky Forums makes 300k a year. My bad

im debating on getting a double bachelors in EE and physics. can i still get software developing positions if i show experience with C++?