Just purchased my first car today. 1995 Lexus ES300 with 90k miles on it for under $5k...

Just purchased my first car today. 1995 Lexus ES300 with 90k miles on it for under $5k. Absolutely pristine tan leather interior with everything working and a 9/10 exterior with no rust or dings just a few small scratches.

Is there anything I should be worried about Veeky Forums? I love this car so much and I don't want it to turn into a money pit. How is the reliability on these old Lexus? Please just help me guys Idek what I just got myself into :(

Btw the pic isn't mine. Mine has a dark green upper and dark grey lower.

>don't want it turn into a money pit :(

well your first mistake was buying a used 90's european car

Hue hue hue

>lexus
>european

>not buying the godmachine that is the ls40p
Rotflamoain @ ur lyfe SENPAI

pigfat

Let's see

>1995
>21 years old
>90k miles
>4,281 miles / year

you're going to find out why it never even hit 5k miles in a year real soon kiddo. Rip you lol

shoulda bought a crown vic

Timing belt needs to be done

Outside of that, just enjoy it.m great car

Jelly as fuck, I want that vip nation status nigga.

timing belt and engine sludge

put some good high mileage synthetic in it and get the belt done

Get this racist meme out of my sight!

>lexus will never make a car this not-hideous ever again

Why is this allowed?

not OP but im thinking about checking this sucker out.

what should i look out for and how much should I offer for it?

>Lexus is so boring, they need more interesting design
-said everyone, pre predator face

Looking at this ad for 1999 Forester with 75k miles on it for like $2.5K . Ad says the check engine light is on though, so I'm really scared to risk it.

gotta risk it for the biscuit

You should've gotten the almighty Celsior/LS400 you cuck fag

cool i got a 2000 es300 with 160k miles for $2.6k. lexus dealer work up until the 98k mark. almost clean except 2 minor accidents (rear quarter dent, and bumper).

either get a obd2 scanner+app or take it to oreilly on a test drive to get it checked

5k? you overpaid
this
also pic related
got her for 5k cash
2000, 95k miles

Well user, glad that you found one in such a nice condition for cheap. I really do hope that it holds up and that you end up loving it for a long, long time.

Now, for the advice. These Lexus' are a bit and miss. Some shit out real fast and really cannot stay together and ends up not being worth fixing. And some of them quite literally last a million miles if you take care of it.

First thing I would do is take it two a mechanic, preferably not a shit in the hole, and pay them to inspect the car to see what all is good and bad.

Now, hopefully you don't get a jackass that will make up shit to get you to pay them money. I would tell the shop that you want to know what is wrong with it before you buy it. Then they have no reason to make shit up on the off chance that they will think you won't fix any of it.

Either way, I hope it's a good car and that you love it. Just don't hoon around in it. Treat it right and it should last you forever.

Don't listen to this. Not everyone drives 15k miles a year. Hell, I barely drive my Cobra 4k miles a year.

Probably this, fuel filter, spark plugs, and possibly ignition coils.

> predator face
Cylon face, nigga. Pic related.

He didn't overpay if it's in good condition and doesn't need any major work.

>european