/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 6th:
43 BC – Marcus Tullius Cicero is assassinated.
574 – Byzantine Emperor Justin II retires due to recurring seizures of insanity. He abdicates the throne in favor of his general Tiberius, proclaiming him Caesar.
1787 – Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
1917 – World War I: The United States declares war on Austria-Hungary.
1949 – Chinese Civil War: The Government of the Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei, Taiwan.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics-announced.986031/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-33-lets-talk-about-sects.986617/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustan_History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

So is the dark magic mana shit true?

GS games can't work if they go that back

No, it was fake dumbass.

New CK2 DLC release WHEN

>This day in history, December 6th:
heh nice try shitposter-kun

You tell me, yesterday we got 100+ posts of spam

Give me a nation and a goal in v2

The events are correct tho

Netherlands.
Conquer SA + Indonesia + Philippines and become number 1 GP.

fuck

Why though? Classical greece doesn't even belong in an "ancient world" game.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-33-lets-talk-about-sects.986617/

Look for yourself

March

Bukhara
Form uzbekistan then that other union

At least let the old thread die first you stupid niggers. You deserve all the shitposting

FUCK
That will be disabled with realism settings, right?

Because there's not enough info for the time. It would be too much fantasy.
Not even him.

>disrespecting your minoan waifu

Calm down nigga.

how can i play as england in hpm?

Probably.

He's right though

>mfw it's true
Why paradox WHY

Minoans a shit.
Lesbos are the best.

There are better records (and evidence) of ancient rulers and the territories they controlled in some regions than there are of some periods and places within, for example, the CK2 timeframe.

Release it from the UK.

how
o
w

BUT DONT YOU WANT TO PLAY AS A DARK WIZARD??? OR BETTER YET A "DANK" WIZARD!!! HAHAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE? WE AT PARADOX ARE SUCH FUNNY MEMESTERS!!!!!1111 :^)

>dark power

>Frogs defending roaches so I cant obtain independence

being roma is suffering

most of it is made up or exaggerated.

CK2 is a fantasy game at this point. Paradox should be sued for claiming it as a medieval simulator. Crusader Kings as a name should be viewed as false advertisement.

Well, it's been like this since TOG was released.

That shit will problem be disabled with the rules shit nigga
Calm down

Release every other nation until only england remains. Use the decision to turn into England.

Fucking drama queen, it's just a mechanic.
Why the fuck do you hate fun?

See

Histories from all periods are generally fabricated, and yet we can still generally figure out what actually happened. For instance, you'd agree that we have a pretty complete knowledge of the history of Imperial Rome, right? Even though their historians almost always disagreed about the details and were frequently writing about periods they hadn't lived through.

>talking like this when there's people here who genuinely think it's funny to act like retards
guess paradox is targeting the right audience

Why are you a gypsy?

No, they are not. Not the to ancient period point anyway.

Can u crusade in the base game?

>people here who genuinely think it's funny to act like retards

they're called 'retards'

Yes

No

Of course you can.

r8
Also, HPM , when are we going to get a decision to reform Gran Colombia as an outside Latin-American GP(Like the FRCA decision)?

What's not what? Obviously we don't have any good records of e.g. the Roman Kingdom period in the eighth through third centuries BC because of the first sack of Rome. Good historical knowledge comes and goes throughout the ancient world. We will have very good information about a certain region during a certain time window, and then it will disappear from the historical record for a while only to emerge again later.

You could still have a good dozen or so historical start dates between 3000 BC and, say, 800 BC just by positioning them during periods in which we know the status of all the major regions active at that time.

I wonder if they will finally make heresies a secret and add an inquisition.

When will they finally add China DLC to CK?

Can't you read fucking rnglish.? No they aren't fabricated. Only retards want a game like these in ancient times.

Never, hopefully.

Next dlc.

Hopefully.

>8
0/10

No I mean this one about secret societies and shit

What the fuck does that even mean?

Puppeting central america?

Lad...

>No they aren't fabricated
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustan_History
for example

You're getting a little feisty, so even though I didn't want to make a big thing out of it, I will say that I don't believe you actually have any real knowledge about this historical period at all. You simply don't know what you are talking about, so how can your opinion have any value.

What's the problem with that?

Nice cherry picking.

>roman
>greek

No way I was going to spend 22 infamy each minor and then have to deal with shitty central american culture.

>greco-roman

please make a flag representing the kingdom of /gsg/

>giving an example is cherry picking
OK.

So what exactly is your position? That (with an insignificant number of exceptions) all cultural histories are accurate, but that at the same time modern scholars do not have sufficient knowledge of the ancient world to deduce its major political entities and their interests?

Those points are contradictory.

Why the fuck would you be able to reform gran Colombia externally?

Means he's an heretic paying for his sins.

Yes and no. There is a crusade mechanic, but it is incredibly shitty at simulating actual Crusades. There are no leaders, no gathering point, no ability to form Crusader states, and worst of all, it just gives out entire kingdoms to whoever gets the largest amount of Crusader mana, meaning an independent kingdom of Jerusalem pretty much never occurs. What a load of shit.

That article doesn't say anything about "greco-roman"

Again.

Should I do it?

but that's not a flag

The big difference is that ascension lets you play as a lower rank and rise to daymio and gives a few more city building options.
That's it.

>There are no leaders, no gathering point
What you want they design the whole fucking miltary system around crusades?

>no ability to form Crusader states
They do form.

Either you help the FRCA and prevent it from collapsing. Or you form them again as a puppet and then release them, then conquer them.

do it.

>What you want they design the whole fucking miltary system around crusades?

I want them to design a military system for Crusades. It's called Crusader Kings for fucks sake.

Do it.

Who are you killing?

Yes, always.
Also what mod are you using?

Thanks, appreciate it.

white

Only kill muslims and der juden

>What you want they design the whole fucking miltary system around crusades?

I want them to design a military system for Crusades. It's called Crusader Kings for fucks sake.

>They do form.
No, they don't. Only one kingdom is actually taken, and most of the time it's owned by some king or emperor and every other participant in the crusade gets nothing. There's no system to simulate the creation of states like Antioch or Edessa, and defensive Crusades like the second Crusade aren't even a thing.

You could just attack it in the beginning.

What flag frame mod are you using, lad?

just in case no one noticed my epic shitposting
I think doing it across boards and different generals is a bit too much isn't it?

Edgy.

For the same reason you are able to do it with the FRCA?...
You can reform (and become) it as Colombia/Ecuador/Venezuela and the state was dissolved barely 5 years before the game's start date so I don't see why it's so far-fetched.
I have better places to spend 66 infamy on, thanks.

>designing a whole military system just for crusades
That's and useless. I'd rather have China.

Nah that will just speed up its collapse and prevent you from taking the whole thing.

>>/pol/101975156
>argentinians
>white

>Killing less people is more edgy

Wrong board

> >>
its >>>