They're starting to salt the roads again

>they're starting to salt the roads again

why don't they just make winter tires mandatory? All salt does is melt the snow and then it turns to ice, which is worse.

>not having a winter shitbox that exists only to suffer the winter salt and the corrosion it brings

They use salt because you choose to live in an area that melts and refreezes constantly. Out here we get literal feet before we even pay attention and all they use is gravel. Why? Because when our shit melts it stays melted.

The real question is wtf would you keep living there?

>being this much of a fucking retard

One of the only benefits living in Phoenix is winter weather is almost non existent.

come live in alaska, they only pour gravel
>broken windshield or body rust, pick your poison

>All salt does is melt the snow and then it turns to ice
good luck freezing salty water. I mean it can happen but only way below the freezing point of regular water.

>The real question is wtf would people live south of the canadian border and north of mexico

Stay mad canadicuck

I'm not moving to the south

the south is a humid, nignog infested shithole

fuck that

This tbqh famalam. I use my 4runner in show and save the supra for the odd winter track day

iktff
Eielson bro here

Just hit the nail on the head Kek. Savannah native here and can confirm

America now with two places to live!

>it can happen but only way below the freezing point of regular water

By going down just 7 degrees below freezing, you reduce the effectiveness of road salt by 325%.

Why do counties salt roads knowing it causes long-term damage to vehicles?
Why haven't we thought of a different solution to snowy icy roads in 2016 other than gravel,salt, and chains?

Because car manufacturing is vital to the US economy

more vehicles bought = auto business does better, more taxes collected

Salt is cheap

>tfw plow truck driver
>tfw open my salt gates all the way
>tfw open my calcium tanks all the way

It saves trips you're welcome for keeping the streets safe faggots

its okay, just buy a car wash pass and wash 'ike every few days.

around -20C salt water will freeze easily. It also doesn't do jack shit to melt snow or ice

That's why many areas are starting to use beet juice on the high traffic roads. Only problem is it's pretty expensive so it'll never actually replace salt

Windshields can be replaced. Corroding frames cannot.

>implying gravel on body panels won't cause paint failure and subsequent rust.

>tfw Florida
>tfw no salt, snow, slush or ice
>tfw no shitty roads from frost heave or ice
Pimping ain't easy

>live in NOVA
>plows use a disgusting combo of salt and sand

Painters tape and seal the underside of your car.

>florida man
>worse yet, florida woman
>cubans
>gators
yeah, get fucked.

also
>snowbirds

eBay turbo?????????

>mfw I install salt spreaders and snow plows every day
>This thread

I drive my ranger in the snow every year, if you're scared of rusting out, spray down everything with rust converter and undercoat the shit out of it.

>All salt does is melt the snow and then it turns to ice, which is worse.

Generally, no. Normally, if you live in a place with more than one plow truck, the salt melts the snow, the plows shove the slush somewhere, the slush turns to water, then the water evaporates off, and then the roads are dry.

I've yet to see salt turn snow into ice. I've seen rain turn into ice. I've seen packed snow turn into ice. I've seen salt just not work at all. I've seen brine turn packed snow into something very much like ice, but probably not actual ice. But I have yet to see a salt application turn snow into ice.

Just another reminder that farenheit is one very fucking retarded way to measure temprature.

Because they don't care about damaging cars?