How much speed do these have?

How much speed do these have?

I don't want something that will make me late for school.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l19F2YPVey0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

about 6 speeds

hahah Seriously tho, will I be passing people on the highway or will they be passing me?

Neither, you will never have a car user

you have enough power to pass most people from 40-80 I'd say. the torque dip is real however.

My parents say otherwise.

Stay mad, cuck.

If this is your first car, it has a whole lot more "speed" than you can safely handle yet. Don't mean to be a dick, but it's the truth.

Pfft yeah okay, I am sure they are going to sell something that the average person can't handle.

You must be really mad about driving a 5 year old corolla.

Actually an FR-S is about as fast as a 5 year old Corolla. Both are zippy enough to pass when needed. FR-S just has nicer handling.

>more "speed" than he can safely handle
>my fucking Chevy Equinox has more horsepower and torque

Granted it's a half a ton heavier than the FR-S/BR-Z/GT86. And FF.

I don't think 200hp is really anything to shy away from unless you're planning on driving like a retard on public roads.

he is planning on driving like a retard though

Depends on the driver.

>Mustang tree meme

Don't forget user, the average Joe can get his hands on a mustang and wrap it around a tree, and they have at least some driving experience.

I'd rather get an fr-s but I guess you really can't go wrong with either one. There almost the same exact car minus a few addons.

>Pfft yeah okay, I am sure they are going to sell something that the average person can't handle.

You're not an average person, you're a new driver who doesn't drive well. The FR-S is perfect for you, it's cute, fun, and slow.

not to mention prius tires so the retards can total their slow ""sports"" car and I don't have to share the road with them anymore :^)

At stock they can get up to 140ish if you have a long enough stretch of road.
The dip is fixed with aftermarket headers and a tune, if you're financing the car, you might as well finance another 2k to have this done, makes the car way better.
He's probably fine, honestly. They feel a lot quicker than they are. As long as he understands how to control a vehicle, anyway.
Cars are sold to people who don't know how to handle them all the time. Corvettes are a great example of this. So are supercars and track toys. It's not the dealer's job to make sure you know how to drive, it's yours.
FR-S is actually great for people who aren't used to real driving. It gives the driver a lot of confidence in their vehicle. Super fun on spirited drives, especially in the twisties, don't even need to go fast to enjoy the drive.

But do get the FR-S instead of the BRZ, they're usually cheaper to pick up. By like $5k in my area. Subaru tax is real.

You are going to be late due to traffic, not due to a car that can't turn.

Underpowered with Prius tires on it to make is feel dangerous.

Kind of like a Ford Festiva with racing stripes.

you know that its not really a prius' tires right ?

YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO USE THIS SITE

CEASE USE OF THIS SITE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18

Fucking highschoolers getting brand new cars and shit, get a used 95 camry and shut up

0-60 in 6.2 seconds, top speed (stock) of 144mph.

A forced induction kit gets them under six seconds and approaching 160.

They are the same tires Toyota has offered on high-end Prius Trims before. They're really good for what they do, and were wasted on the Prius though.

It's the fastest thing for its price. The loss of torque between 3500 and 4500 RPM is something you can easily work around if you're driving a stick.

>But I'm getting the automatic
Don't buy an automatic sports car. Don't. Ever.

>It's the fastest thing for its price.
nope, Genesis Coupe

No, I drive an FR-S for now. I'm not trying to say it's quick. I'm just saying if this is the OP's first car it doesn't matter how fast it is. He could get a five year old Corolla and he wouldn't be able to drive it anywhere near its full potential for a long time so the "speed" doesn't matter. All that said, The twins are a great car to learn the dynamics of FR.

Don't listen to this guy. The 90 Camry is the one you want.

>40 horsepower at normal rpm

Might as well engine swap with a lawn mower

>It's the fastest thing for its price.

WRX is just $1500 more and way faster

I know thats more, but its much more usable (AWD, 4 doors etc)and still drives great

Nope, any motorcycle is faster.

How much did your parents pay for it?

i drive a fiesta st which is pretty much the fwd version of that car without the torque dip

plenty of power for a DD and can explore its limits without getting to crazy
(currently getting a lot better at lift off oversteer on turns)

probably dont want to be street drifting it unless you want to wrap it around a pole

I paid $19.5k two years used after 7 years of 80's Honda shitbox driving. I'm now 80% finished rebuilding my CRX and I'll be selling the FR-S when it's done.

>Late for school
>Picks a boy racer
Lol this shit writes itself, maybe start being an adult by learning how to leave early.

>Kit
Kek

>SUVS, Minivans, Smart-Cars, Tagged-Out Vehicles.

Maybe.

>Crossovers, A Prius, Miata, Bro Trucks, Semi-Trucks

No way, fag.

We'll see you in about a month after you wrap it around a tree, young one :^)
My parents bought me my first car aswell, a manual Alfa 156 Twin Spark
Crashed it the same way you will

>pretty much the fwd version of that car without the torque dip

You have a giggle?

>op is a 16 year old asking if a 200 hp japanese shitbox with prius tyres is fast enough to pass the average minivan on the highway

topkek!

i do have a giggle sir

You should ask your parents for something faster, like a GT500.
Make sure you get the automatic transmission because it shifts faster then manual does anyway.

Using 100% of 200hp is faster than using 70% of 400.

This car has less than 300hp and look at what it can do. Good luck coming even close to that in a BRZ.

youtube.com/watch?v=l19F2YPVey0

>probably dont want to be street drifting it unless you want to wrap it around a pole
That's what I did on the way home after picking up my GT86, sideways around most corners, after driving a slow ass FWD for 7 years. Minus the wrapping it around a pole part of course, it's extremely easy to control this car.

My old one got totalled last month.
Should I get a 2016 fr-s or 2016 focus st Veeky Forums?