Snap oversteer is a meme right? I understand my own limits...

snap oversteer is a meme right? I understand my own limits, this car isn't going to kill me if I get it as my first car is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=rsx&max_price=3500
houston.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=300zx&max_price=3500
padandwheels.com/mr2/alternator/alternator.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its a meme.
Ive had 3 AW11s and never snapped.
Plus 2 SW20s and never snapped
Autocrossed all of them and drove them hard.

somewhat a meme

the rear will totally step out on slick roads though. and it is much more difficult to get back in line than a FR w/ LSD.

I'll have to watch out because it rains here a lot (victoria BC). considering that and it's apparent rust problems I should probably invest in undercoating shouldn't I?

It's NOT a meme, but it's not worth not buying a car over.

>he can't drive for shit
The FIRST time I drove an early mr2 I could make it snap over-steer. It's SUPER easy. Pretending it doesn't exist makes you look retarded.

all of this seems like a lot of downsides but I really can't see a better cheap fun "sports" car on the used market, miatas have appreciated way too high here, integras don't exist, 944s don't exist, civics can be fun but probably start too slow if not si.

>prelude sh
>rsx
>300zx na
>j30
>q45
>maxima
>fc
>sc300/400
>mr-s
>I could go on but why

If you're just driving around town you'll be fine. I'd be a lot more worried about rust or getting run into by some soccer mom in an SUV texting while driving. In any accident an AW11 will crumple like a beer can.

>first car
>I understand my own limits

>mr-s
one listing, too much
>prelude sh
ok i forgot this one but all the ones even close to clean are above 4500
>300zx
one listing, turbo only, expensive
>j30
nothing
>q45
some stuff, but still 5k
>rsx
only automatics available

I'm beginning to see I should probably not give a shit about a fun car if I am planning to spend 3000 or less
I've driven before, and I am also not retarded, it's pretty easy to not floor a car around a hard corner

Anyway OP you're being stupid.

Learning how into car is a long process involving many mistakes. Driving in traffic, driving outside town, maintenance, etc. You will screw something up. There is a 90% chance that one way or another you will destroy your first car and if it's a bad accident you really don't want to be in an AW11 when it happens.

Play it safe. Get a Civic or Corolla that nobody will miss. Drive it for a year or two. Let every curb rash/smashed tail light/missed oil change be a lesson and only then go for the rare/slightly tricky car that will never be made again and will be missed if you wreck it.

>there is a 90% chance that you will destroy your first car
this sounds like complete bullshit to me, I might be uninformed but I know that's absolutely not true if you take your time and don't push it, I agree that I don't wanna bang up a slightly uncommon sports car but you are overestimating how easy it is to be dumb on the road

don't worry about lift off oversteer
or power oversteer
its applying the brakes to harshly that will get you in a world of shit

Where the fuck do you live????

You can get a plane ticket for like $100 and fly to another state to pick up a better car. Or get a friend to drive you.
houston.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=rsx&max_price=3500
houston.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=300zx&max_price=3500
etc etc etc

I have never wrecked any of my cars and I'm in my 30's. And I also tune them and run TX2k and street race on occasion.

>always assume the other driver is retarded
>ALWAYS stay vigilant
>don't text and drive
It's pretty easy. I've almost been hit dozens of times, but it's easy to tell when someone is a retard.

No matter what anyone in this thread says, you'll never believe us when we say you will crash. One way or another you will.
We all think we know how to drive, up until it all goes wrong. And it will, it just will, that's fine.
I know you want RWD and special snowflake, but cmon, for a first car, serioulsy consider other things. Honda, Mazda, Maybe a MK3 supra. An AW11 probably won't kill you, but you will oversteer and it will scare you shitless and you might mess up.

padandwheels.com/mr2/alternator/alternator.html
you should be more worried about your engine deck then

>bullshit time
summer tires are bad in the rain
but rain tires are ok in the summer and snow

as I said, victoria BC canada, it's an island, but not like one of those new zealand or australia situations where it's actually nice, most of the cars here are new or really old sitting in old people's driveways, not a great classic or performance market. also plane tickets to the US are like $500 or more, I can drive to washington but the price to import is probably about $500 as well
mk1 and 2 supras are actually quite common here, but they are also getting very old, 3s, not so much. and yes I know I might get some scratches or hit a car but when I think of "crash" or like the other user said dramatically "destroyed' I think that it being a fact of life no matter what is not true.

It's not only going Dagumi that gets you. It's simple shit like parking lots, right of way, merging in traffic. Stupid aggressive/distracted drivers in rush hour in particular. You not only have to not pull a stupid move yourself (and you will, and eventually one dumb move will get you), but you have to plan ahead and compensate for the stupidity of other drivers on the road.

Mind you this is in a tiny car that's easy to not see in the era of crossovers with 18-wheeler sized blind spots, a car with fuck-all rear visibility, no airbags or crumple zones and a claustrophobic engine bay that makes even routine maintenance phenomenally expensive unless you DIY everything.

Oh yeah and it's winter. Have fun doing uphill manual starts in traffic with ice on the road as a beginner.

I am warning you for your own sake that you are making a big mistake. Of course you won't listen because you're not here for advice. You already made your decision and you're here for affirmation. You aren't mad because I'm wrong, you're mad because I'm not telling you what you want to hear.

You are a dumb kid that has more ego than brain. This will cost you dearly in life until you learn better.

It's not that you can't get a fun car, but a CLEAN fun car. Good luck with the latter. I managed an RX7 FC (although a vert, sue me it was hella cheap) for less than even $2k, and I've been having a blast whipping it around corners. It wasn't in the BEST of conditions, but it was clean enough.

Both of these are pretty accurate too. An AW11 is something you wanna keep nice. You can get one for a first car, but you really gotta take that shit slow. I knew I'd drive more like said, and sure enough I've gotten a case of curb rash once, and threw it around a corner far too fast and ended up doing pic related. It really is easy to be dumb on the road, even if you think you're not.

>my first car was a 1985 GTS corolla in 2001 before they were popular
>second car was a 240sx s13 coupe in 2002 before they were popular
>as a grad gift my mom bought me a 350z in 2003
>never wrecked any of them even after wicked mad drifiting and street racing in the prime day
No, you won't necessarily crash. My best friend
>first car 1995 taurus
>second car 300zx NA
>third car (upgrades NA to a turbo) in 2004
>owned that car until 2014
>owned dozens of cars since then (including a 944, a 928 s4, a turbo 240sx and many more)
>never wrecked one of them

Yeah you're fucked. Just walk or ride the bus.

I'd sooner drive chrysler sebring or toyota corolla that looks like a junkheap than keep taking the bus, I'll take what I can get but if I can get a fun car I will try

we don't really get ice here, it sounds crazy for canada but west coast doesn't really get a lot of ice or snow at all until you get more north, what I really want is a forester turbo or any other subaru, but alas, too expensive, gotta go with the regular old slow forester/legacy

Basic 2.2 Subies from the 1990s are actually very good. Highly recommended in either AT or MT (good grip and torque curve makes them easy to learn on). They aren't fast or exciting but they are reliable and well made.

They are fast enough to keep up with traffic and merge safely. That's all that really matters.

RIP in pieces user

MR2 is the only car I've ever seen Tsuchiya drive that he said is hard to drift properly. That being said, if you buy it don't brake mid-corner user

Bought my MK3 supra I'm Canada for a little under 2k. Check for those OP. Also, never pay the list price on a Kijiji ad. Also consider a v6 fiero. Great beginner MR because they understeer way before they over steer.

Had a turbo sw20 for just about my first car (couple months after I got my license), wasn't a very forgiving car to drive but I survived because I respected it and didn't drive like a total idiot

You can find something,You just got to look and be diligent.
I second the prelude, You should be able to find a 4th gen for 3k. Non-si civic's are not the fastest cars but they can still be fun if you appreciate a light agile car

So because i didnt spin out a car, means i cant drive?
Wut?
Youre fucking retarded. Sure you can make it snap oversteer. But it takes effort and wont happen randomly. I grew up driving gokarts and sprintcars though.

This guy knew his own limits, has driven before, isn't in something with unusual driving dynamics and almost launched himself off a cliff. Do what you want but use your head duder.

>sprint cars

Ooooh, where at, what class?

holy shit.

500cc in my local area. I guess i should have specified midgets, not full size V8.
My brother went on to race V8 in ProAm events.

Oh I kinda figured it was mini-sprint, would have to be one bad mother fucker to grow up doing full size sprints, I used to race 500s back in the day too.

>I want a clean, fun, decently fast cool and desirable sporty car
>but i want it convenient, problem free, nearby and its my first car

fuck off with this shit pls

>>Google

Thats sexy mang
Im convinced these cars are why i have back problems now

With that attitude you're definitely going to fuck up.

It only applies when you're pushing it.

In my mustang if I go all the way to peak torque and dumb the gas pedal, I go flying

Take it easy around corners my man, don't go into them so fast you have to brake inside.

I own and mr2 and track it and I've yet to snapovermeme in it

I did come close to spinning out once when hitting an apex a little to hard on top of a hill that levels out, but I saved it because lol lsd and i didnt panic

Had an AW11 very briefly, also a rev 1 SW20 and a rev2 SW20, now a ZZW30.

The rev1 SW20 was the only one that snap oversteered and that was my first car. I lived.

The AW11 was a very well behaved car and would readily oversteer but not snap the way the rev1 sw did. It just stepped out and with a smooth but quick correction would be alright.

The ZZ is one of the easiest drifting cars I've driven at lower speeds, never tried it aboove 110kph.

Just get the car, get some high performance tyres on it and find your limits safely.

Rest in pepperonis

It's the most docile car on the planet OP, just don't be dumb with it

What car is he driving? That isn't an MR2

I got to see an aw11 up close today. It's my gfs cousin or some shit. Now I want one. It looks like a ton of fun

Anybody calling an AW11 docile is a slow driver. period.

If you only drive em at 70-80% of what they are capable of, they feel sporty! Just like an early miata. But if you really push them they will be unpredictable and demand instantaneous, near perfect corrections from you.

Docile cars aren't mid engined, with a 90inch wheel base and macphearsons on all corners.

Oh and don't forget the lack of LSD so when it does slide from the rear (and it will) you will have no idea what it is going to do.

>>first car

Rest in pieces, OP.

>am warning you for your own sake that you are making a big mistake. Of course you won't listen because you're not here for advice. You already made your decision and you're here for affirmation. You aren't mad because I'm wrong, you're mad because I'm not telling you what you want to hear.

This is Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

I'm a lower mainland bro with an aw11. Snap oversteer will happen, but you'll have to deal with it. Go to an empy parking lot and try to do some skids. Learn how to counter and you'll be fine. If you can't then you're retarded so you have bigger problems. Also, for the power the aw has, you're not going to be breaking loose unless you drive like a moron in the rain or specifically want to skid. Snow isn't a problem cause BC, so eh.
Have fun, I sure am :>)

>snap oversteer is a meme right? I understand my own limits, this car isn't going to kill me if I get it as my first car is it?
From what I've heard of you either
>get your first snap oversteer in rain, turn around and never get it again
or
>get your first snap oversteer into oncoming traffic, buy a new mr2 and never get it again
It also has liftoff oversteer where it punishes you for letting go of the throttle in fast corners by oversteering.

Not an owner, planning to buy one ASAP tho.
My plan is to take it to a local abandoned airfield and learn the characteristics in a safe environment. But presumably as long as you're non agressive you'll never get either of these in traffic.

Still worth getting the car since it's a great car.

It depends on the driver though

My first car is as "new" as when I got it two years ago, I drive it daily and I nver had any accident

Might be luck, dodged a few arabs in Golfs or other german overpriced and over-estimated cars

Pic related, it's my car