/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>cold weather edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>K24 EG
youtube.com/watch?v=CA1A425n-5E

>K20Z3 Valvetrain Assembly
youtube.com/watch?v=lifTVhKpEq0

>How to replace an axle on your Honda
youtube.com/watch?v=fMMutpmWr94

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5891649092.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

>version 49
Fuck I need some sleep

My next days off feel so far away. I'm ready to rip out my old exhaust. And install my shock mount bushings.

>forgot to update the counter
JUST

>tfw off of school and work thurs and fri
>tfw when want to do something social or something with cars
>tfw no invites to anything

I'm still not used to meeting all these Hondafags. Ever since I got the thing they've just come out the woodwork offering to help me out with shit.

I've been keeping to myself for most of my life so it's hard to get used to. I feel like I'm annoying when I bother white coupe bro for advice about shit I can't fix. lel

>pic related, guy that owns this B20 vtak wants to help me install my exhaust

Sounds like you have a pretty good community over there.

Wish I had something to work on. Don't feel comfortable backing into my covered space since it's not that wide, but there actually is enough space behind my building to do a little work.

Just wherever you go, or...? I know there's like two 7th gen Civics, two 6th gen sedans and a and a 5th gen sedan, an EK, 9th and 10th gen coupe, 9th sedan, an older and newer accord, and two CR-Vs on my block alone. Integras and EGs zip by now and then, and the 10th gen Civic, new Accord, new CR-V a few times as well.

I haven't talked to any of these people, but I'm sure at least a couple have some stories.

I thought there was nobody when I had the VW. Then again VWfags are boring as fuck.

Corrados are still cool as fuck, though.

The guy with the green coupe I met up with at the local park to pick up an OEM header. Told him I got it to go with my new exhaust and he offered to help me install it. Actually spotted his car on the road weeks before. Asked the guy with the white coupe I usually hang out with and he knew him.

I swear there's some kinda complex Hondafag network in my area.

Ah. There just might be.

Happy Thanksgiving from my shitbox to yours.

>flip land

Pretty sure that turkey wasn't the first birb you killed this year

Happy thanksgiving f@msammiches

snowy parking lots are good for harnessing inner bogan

You too

What is that pare?

>tfw still haven't bought winter tires

Jeepney

Guys i have an automotive nightmare story

well its not really a nightmare but its something to raise blood pressure

ill post after dinner, midnight and i havent eaten yer

That's bad ass.

Lel hopefully the last one I kill.

I need new tires already. The camber wear is strong.

Aww snap come thru nig

Okay here goes
Just before dinner I get a call from my cousin asking if I have tire changing tools. His friend wants to change his wheels. Fast forward lthorugh inana questions, and I say instead of worrying about tools I'll just do it myself. I ask what car and he says Dodge Charger. I figure sure from alloys to steelies sounds like a good Veeky Forums fun before resuming food time. I pack up my lug cross, jack, ratchet set and multitool hoping it'll be like thirty minutes. We decided in the call to hang out in an indoor parking.

I get there first since they have to stop to get the wheels. So finally I see a black pre Fiat Charger roll up on aftermarket wheels. Black and milled silver wheels. Huge hip hop wheels. With lugnut covers. I didn't bring any hex screwdrivers so I asked the guy if he had one. He has one, but he left it at home. So first problem here is we cant get the covers off. Fine, we go into the store and he buys a screwdriver set for $10. Perfect hex fit and the covers come off.

Changing the wheel and everything goes smoothly, when I notice the car rocking back and forth. I don't like that so I ask my cousin's friend to put the parking brake on. The guy goes and turns on the engine so I tell him no and point to the foot parking brake. He pushes it to lock. Then he fucking pushes it further. Snap. Now the P brake has no weight when pushing outside of the ratchet.

Fuck.

pt2 soon

Finish up the first wheel and have the car lowered. Im seriously hoping the P brake isn't left on when the cable went clunk. Working on the rear wheel, I open the rear brake and check if the P brake uses the piston like some cars do. It doesnt and I put the brakes together and continue with the wheels. Come to the final wheel, passenger side front, I let them jack it up to see what they've learned watching from me, especially since they're so eager to try. So as the twist on the jackto lift the car, it fucking falls back down. It turns out they used the plastic body skirt as reference instead of the frame. Fuck, if you want it done right, don't let others do it. Wrap up the job and it turns out he's got a faulty lugnut that just wont tighen. Every other nut is fine except this one, but the wheel wont budge so I consider it permissible, especially considering seeing a volvo drive with fucking 3. I ask to run a few tests and get the go ahead. Car moves fine in neutral with pushes so thank goodness the brakes disengaged and the wheels didn't fall off when I test drove a little bit. I did notice it pull to the right, though. After explaining the TPMS and CEL light the guy hands me $20 and thanks me. Before he drives off with my cousin, I ask him about that screwdriver he just bought and he said I could keep it. Nice.

A headache, midnight dinner, and raised blood pressure later, I now have gas cash and a neato screwdriver with interchangeable heads.
I seriously hope he gets that new lugnut.

That car will probably roll without a nut forever to be honest. I had no idea those old Chargers were so finicky.

what the fuck am i reading

also explain what " Now the P brake has no weight when pushing outside of the ratchet." meant.

you know foot engaged Parking brakes?
Imagine after the initial lock you decide to push beyond and now everything has no resistance

So it's broken now?

When you snap the handbrake cable?

helping someone is bittersweet. I like to think it's mostly sweet

bump

lel I was just about to bump it too when I saw the catalog.

was looking for a picture to post and I found pic related - from the day I bought the car

>that blue shit on the wheels

How long have you had the car?

My white coupe buddy had some title issues recently. His friend never got the title to him and left the state so he has about a month to reshell his car to keep it legal. Bought one from some Mexican for 200 bucks.

>those horribly misaligned stripes

Might be a good source for body bits for my hatch. The fenders specifically. Too bad the hood is fucked already.

I bought it back in July of 2015. Before that I had done 1 oil change in my entire life. Went from 0-ricer in about a week haha.

whats wrong with your fenders? I need to fix mine. Might get some low profile flares for the front so I can run 255's or maybe something even wider to put the power down more better. It'll be hard to pull off flares without looking terrible, but I think it might be possible.

They're a little beat up. Could trade them with that coupe only if they look better than mine. Maybe the front bumper too but it'd need some paint work. Would be even more worth it if the paint matches the rest of the car. Could paint the hood black or something along with the roof and tailgate.

I picked mine up just one month before yours. Neat.

My sister is a fucking little shit

>wakes up an hour late
>cries for thirty fucking minutes about how late she is
>asks me to drop her off when I have work
>say no
>fucking blames me and calls me selfish which is why she's late
>bitch dis all on you
>decide ive heard enough whining
>tell her to shut the fuck up and drop her sorry ass off
>she kicks the door shut

Did you know, the boiling point of blood is the same as water despite being more viscous?

How underage is hg? Some of these blogposts are more fitting for cringe threads on b

>His friend never got the title to him

Friend or not, no title in hand is no sale for me until the clear title hits my hand. I always get hard copies and warn others to get them.

Based

tg is weak, there's not enough settled posters yet

wew lad
She slammed the door on your Honda?

I'm going to be selling my gsr integra and picking up a vx eg hatchback soon. Using the extra money to buy a gsr or b16 to swap in and turbo. Which motor would handle the boost better. B16 or b18c1?

Also whats the difference in a full b18c1 or a b18c1 with b16 head?

>2000 Honda S2000
>8k miles
>2 owners
>completely stock
>$24k

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5891649092.html

finna cop tb h

Majority of the posters here are 18+, well at least the frequent posters are.
And which ones are you talking about? I can see why could make you cringe.

Its a honda just get one with 60k miles for 10k. They will run the exact same

yeah but is has less farts on the seat

and i a couple S2k's pull a premium before race wars so I have to get in early

B18C1 will handle boost better
Was your integra in the collage btw?

What are your plans for mods?

I'm slapping on a turbo kit on my B16 del slow, i have most parts gathered such as:

Turbo + ram horn manifold
Downpipe
Wastegate + pipe
Oil feed + return kit
intercooler piping

I still need
Upgraded clutch
Bigger injectors (450cc?)
Bigger fuel pump
BOV
Intercooler itself

Am i forgetting something? Anyone else here running a turbo B16/B18? Also, i'm on 15" right now, would it be better to get larger wheels or doesn't that matter?

ls1 swap, Te37s and powerhouse amuse aero

15"s are perfect for del sols
Is your internals forged? You will also need an ECU tune so you don't blow your shit up

I have a tuner, my ecu is chipped with ECtune right now, i'll visit him when its together.

It's not forged, the block is stock. Should be fine for 7 psi.

buy it and stance it, then post the progress pics to Veeky Forums

They're going to be similar as far as boost goes. But the b18c1 is a little nicer because it has oil squirters and you have more torque to start with.

The b18c1 vs b18c1 with b16 head will yield similar results

How many gainz should 7 psi be good for?

my tuner told me we should see anything between 250 and 300 on the wheels.

That'll be pretty spooky to drive fast, but that'll be fast nonetheless

The PSI isn't what's really important here.
Also, wheel size isn't that important. What is your tire cross section? If you're running like 195's or something you might want to go for wider tires

195/45
205/45 on 15" is pretty hard to find... i'd have to get some expensive wheels.

Yeah but I use 195's on my car with about ~150-160 to the wheels and it's not enough

I think toyo makes 215/45/r15 if you want to stay low profile. But if you are shooting for actual performance you might want to think about your wheels and tires in depth. I'm sure you'll figure it out

Considering picking up a S2K, is 142k too many miles if it's an '05? There aren't many great options around here and it's also suzuka blue like I want.

how much dollars?

142k is getting up there, but for the right price I would buy it.

142/11 is roughly 13. so that's 13k miles they put on it per year meaning it was likely a heavily driven daily driver. It's probably at the point where bushings and other wear items are going to be needing replacement. It would need a full fluid servicing, a thorough check for rust, etc.

If you're competent and have the tools, it would be a top tier project car.

I wouldnt do it

unless it was like 7k

It's like 12.5k, I'd be using it as a daily as well. There are literally zero S2Ks around here for less than that price, and the ones with fewer miles are at least 8k more.

That feel when too busy working to work on car.

car price bubble
it's not worth it
I've had 2 s2000s, both N/A and supercharged

It's slow, expensive, and a lot of them have been fucked with.

It's a meme mobile

Yea that's too much miles imo

What do you plan on doing to it?

Some women can't into cars. Ever notice how minivans are often parked well more than a foot away from the curb? Even my mom treats my rex like her shitbox van.
>tell her to be careful with it, 30 y/o car, blah blah
>starts in 2nd, doesn't shift out of gear unless at a light and only uses the clutch
>grabs hatch by the foam wing and drops it hard
>shamelessly eats a full bag of chips in the seat and scoffs when I ask her to stop
Now I don't let her near it and drive her in her van instead.

Good idea. You still coming down this weekend?

Yup, looks like Sunday.

Suspension and brakes
Roof liner needs to be replaced
Fresh paint
Tint them windows

Anyone know what kind of intake this is? Not brand or anything, but its purpose. Bought the car this way and never seen anything like it before.

Short ram intake. Usually there's a small amount of pipe to space the filter farther from the engine but that one's right on the header.

ah ok, thanks for the info

okay. I'll be ready

Fuck I love rainx

Hey /hg/, New to Veeky Forums, need advice.
Parents went and bought a new car and gave me the old one (A Honda Pilot). Should I trade this in or keep it?

What year? How many miles?
Post a picture if you want to add it to the collage.

>tfw now a pizzaboy as well

Whoops.

Welcome to the family, nigga.

Damn shame, S2Ks seem pretty cool. People give them a lot of flak but I'm just not seeing it. Maybe I just haven't driven enough other sporty cars.

Damn I could use some of that rn

Trade it in for a manual civic

How many pizza boys is that now? 3?

bone stock gsr

wew lad

12.5k is way too much

>brakes for a boring d-series
kek, why were americans so cucked and didn't get the b16 in the ek?

Found out I need a new steering rack just after quitting my newspaper job, to prevent any premature wear and tear on the car, and finding another job.

It's $1,500 to have the dealership fix it; the rack itself is $300 if I get the part myself, but I hardly have the time and money to get it done.

The current issue is power steering fluid is foaming out from the top and the pump whines when the reservoir is only 3/4 full; as long as I make sure the reservoir has fluid inside, I should be fine, for now.

Nope. Just stumbled upon Veeky Forums recently.

Its a 2007 Honda Pilot. Its got 204,000 miles on it.

The cx comes with like 9.5 inch brakes in the front. Just going to get the 10.2 off an ex from a junk yard.

Got the coupe loaded up. This thing is a pile.

Oh and we did get the b16 in an ek