Okay so I've decided against being a Catholic or Orthodox (to pagan not Christfocused enough)...

Okay so I've decided against being a Catholic or Orthodox (to pagan not Christfocused enough), what's the best Christian denomination to convert to that's truest to the early Church?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Babylons
youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
youtube.com/watch?v=KEC0TcgM0aw
youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome to the true faith brother! I personally recommend Presbyterianism, it seems to be the most biblical denom.

Jewish Christianity.

Islam

You are seriously mistaken by equating either of those with "paganism". You don't know what you're talking about and I urge you to do more research. Protestantism is NOT any option. Remember "sola scriptura", the basis for protestantism, is found nowhere in the Bible. Protestantism is literally this deranged.

Fee, Fi, Fo, Fook,
I smell the stench of some quality Spooks

Sola Scriptura was a doctrine by Luther written from the perspective of someone breaking from the Catholic church. Most modern "protestant" groups do not subscribe to a doctrine called Sola Scriptura, they simply fail to acknowledge the pagan traditions of the Catholic church.

Notice the roman catholic strawman the opposition. This is the first step in his disinformation.
Next, notice the way he implies sola scriptura requires biblical justification. It has it, but we'll get to that later. The error in this is it presents a strawman of sola scriptura, as if though it were bible only and nothing else. When, in reality, sola scriptura is the idea of the bible alone as the final and absolute authority on faith and morals. Finally, there's biblical justification. This can be found in 2 Timothy 3:16-17
>All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

>That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
If there were doctrines found outside of scripture, then scripture would be useless in the good work of defending that doctrine. Therefore, this passage completely proves sola scriptura.

If they don't affirm all 5 solae they aren't Protestant.

If an atheist designed a car, does that make the car atheist?

>If there were doctrines found outside of scripture,
But what defined scripture if not a tradition outside of scripture? When Timothy was written the Bible as we now know it didn't even exist. So what justification do we have for calling something scripture?

How did the believing Jewish person 50 years before Christ know Isaiah and 2 Chronicles were scripture?
Also, 1 Timothy 5:18 calls Luke 10:7 scripture.

Valisystem

That's because Papists removed it during their "Council of Nicea" which was just a massive pagan cult meeting where at least 1,000 true Christians were sacrificed to Dagon.

Is this false flag what you call an argument? You're pathetic.

quakers have the only actual answer to christianity in the face of the bible as a text

obviously as a piece of literature the bible is accessible only via subjective interpretation, something that was the driving force of the reformation. where most protestant sects went wrong was subscribing some form of dogmatism in terms of biblical exegesis (effectively recreating the flaws of the catholic church). the quakers are so rigid in following luther's vision that their services are for the most part silent. because of this, the dogmatic flaws of the catholic church are abandoned while preserving the importance of the communal aspect of the religious experience

tl;dr quakers are the best christians imo

Are you completely retarded?

Aren't the Quakers the ones who died out because they refused to have sex and the state forbade them from adopting children?

Apocalyptic messianic Judaism

>image.jpg

That pic is about yourself, right?

Sick burn, son

...what?

There are many remote, superstitious Veeky Forums villages where smartphones are still considered devilry

But wouldn't disregarding something because of an arbitrary label possibly be considered a symptom of autism?

am not

Oriental orthodoxy

t. LARPer

>what's the best Christian denomination to convert to that's truest to the early Church?
The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. It's not rocket science, just study Church history instead of falling for memes.

Reminder that all forms of Christianity that are neither Catholic nor Eastern schismatic = PROTESTANT wether they call themselves "non-denominational", "Baptist", "Anabaptist", "Evangelical", "Quaker" or "Mormon".

Reminder that these heretical special snowflakes' protestantism comes from this blasphemous false-prophet: Matthew 7:15-20

I would only convert to Catholicism or Orthodoxy and here's why. These two are actually bigger than the bible. Protestantism stands or falls with the bible, but Catholicism or Orthodoxy have cultural, philosophic, aesthetic traditions of their own. They don't need the bible! In my opinion, the bible has already been debunked. Sure Protestants can pretend that this isn't the case, but for how long? Whereas Catholicism or Orthodoxy have so much more going on for them that they basically don't need the bible anymore. Sure, we got that part wrong, but what about all the rest? Don't you like Thomas Aquinas' cosmological argument? Don't you like the philosophy, the mystical tradition, the devotion, the liturgy, the chant, the incense? We still have all of that going on for them. They are a thing of their own now, they got over the bible. Who cares what happened in Palestine fucking 2000+ years ago? They got a life of their own now. It's no longer Messianic Judaism, it's a new religion and it's 2000 years old already, it has reached legal age status. Honestly, fuck the bible.

Thanks for the laugh user.

>that entire post

>Reminder that these heretical special snowflakes' protestantism comes from this blasphemous false-prophet:

That seems unreasonable. Since there were plenty of attempts at reformation before Luther, and plenty of break-away sects of Christianity that had nothing to do with the reformation. Hell, even the Anglicans are basically just Catholics that swapped the pope for the English monarch, and various other protestant denominations split for various other reasons.

The only way they can be said to come from Martin Luther is that he was the first outside of Eastern Orthodoxy to break away that you didn't burn (hell, you even burned Wycliffe despite the fact he was dead at the time), and thus showed that your strangehold on Europe was finally broken (and thank God for large mercies).

It's also just a copypasta

Poor lost souls. Your "Church" is nothing but lies. Nicea is Babylonian for "Desecration" and the fact you refuse to believe the truth proves your Whorish Cult is an enemy of Truth.

Mitre is Babylonian for the garb of Dagonian priests. Rosary is the name of a Babylonian prayer to Semiramis the moon goddess. If you actually looked you'd see that this is true and the Whore of Babylon covered it up for all these years.

Calvinism

Babylonian isn't a language m8

cringe

In the note by the editor of the 7th edition, which was published in 1871, it was claimed, "that no one, so far as we are aware, has ventured to challenge the accuracy of the historical proofs adduced in support of the startling announcement on the title page." Since then however there have been many who have challenged the accuracy of Hislop's claims. Scholar Lester L. Grabbe has highlighted the picture presented by Hislop, that Nimrod is equated with Ninus is based on a misunderstanding of historical Babylon and its religion, however his book remains popular among some fundamentalist Protestant Christians[4] and among Jehovah's Witnesses, with The Watchtower frequently publishing excerpts from Hislop until the 1980s.[5]

Although extensively footnoted, some commentators (in particular Ralph Woodrow) have stated that there are numerous misconceptions, fabrications and grave factual errors in the document.[6]

In 2011 a critical edition was published which also contains the English book by Ralph Woodrow[7] as well as the papers by Ralph Woodrow and Dr. Eddy Lanz.

The book's thesis has also featured prominently in the conspiracy theories of racist groups such as The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord[8] and other conspiracy theorists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Babylons

As I did this, it became clear: Hislop’s “history” was often only an arbitrary piecing together of ancient myths. He claimed Nimrod was a big, ugly, deformed black man. His wife, Semiramis, was a beautiful white woman with blond hair and blue eyes. But she was a backslider known for her immoral lifestyle, the inventor of soprano singing and the originator of priestly celibacy. He said that the Babylonians baptized in water, believing it had virtue because Nimrod and Semiramis suffered for them in water; that Noah’s son Shem killed Nimrod; that Semiramis was killed when one of her sons cut off her head, and so on. I realized that no recognized history book substantiated these and many other claims.

The subtitle for Hislop’s book is “The Papal Worship Proved to Be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife.” Yet when I went to reference works such as the Encyclopedia Britannica, The Americana, The Jewish Encyclopedia, The Catholic Encyclopedia, The Worldbook Encyclopedia – carefully reading their articles on “Nimrod” and “Semiramis” — not one said anything about Nimrod and Semiramis being husband and wife. They did not even live in the same century. Nor is there any basis for Semiramis being the mother of Tammuz. I realized these ideas were all Hislop’s inventions.

Because Hislop wrote in the mid-1800s, the books he refers to or quotes are now quite old. I made considerable effort to find these old books and to check Hislop’s references; books such as Layard’s Nineveh and Its Remains, Kitto’s Cyclopedia of Biblical Literature, Wilkinson’s Ancient Egyptians, as well as old editions of Pausanias, Pliny, Tacitus, Herodotus, and many more. When I checked his footnote references, in numerous cases I discovered they do not support his claims.
Hislop says, for example, that the “round” wafer used in the Roman Catholic mass came from Egyptian paganism. For this he cites a statement in Wilkinson’s Ancient Egyptians (vol. 5, 353, 365) about the use of thin round cakes on their altars. When I checked Wilkinson’s work, however, he also said the Egyptians used oval and triangular cakes; folded cakes; cakes shaped like leaves, animals, and a crocodile’s head; and so on. Hislop failed to even mention this.

While condemning round communion wafers as images of the sun-god Baal, Hislop fails to mention that the very manna given by the Lord was round. “Upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing….And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat” (Exod. 16:14–15, KJV, emphasis added). Round is not necessarily pagan.

Hislop taught that Tammuz (whom he says was Nimrod) was born on December 25, and this is the origin of the date on which Christmas is observed. Yet his supposed proof for this is taken out of context. Having taught that Isis and her infant son Horus were the Egyptian version of Semiramis and her son Tammuz, he cites a reference that the son of Isis was born “about the time of the winter solstice.” When we actually look up the reference he gives for this (Wilkinson’s Ancient Egyptians, vol. 4, 405), the son of Isis who was born “about the time of the winter solstice” was not Horus, her older son, but Harpocrates. The reference also explains this was a premature birth, causing him to be lame, and that the Egyptians celebrated the feast of his mother’s delivery in spring. Taken in context, this has nothing to do with a December celebration or with Christmas as it is known today.

In another appeal to Wilkinson, Hislop says that a Lent of 40 days was observed in Egypt. But when we look up the reference, Wilkinson says Egyptian fasts “lasted from seven to forty-two days, and sometimes even a longer period: during which time they abstained entirely from animal food, from herbs and vegetables, and above all from the indulgence of the passions” (Wilkinson, Ancient Egyptians, vol. 1, 278). With as much credibility, we could say they fasted 7 days, 10 days, 12 days, or 42 days. Hislop’s claim appears to have validity only because he used partial information.

If we based claims on partial information, we could even prove from the Bible there is no God: “…‘There is no God’” (Ps. 14:1). When the entire statement is read, however, it has a different meaning: “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’”

Anti-Catholicism is a demonic mental illness.

youtube.com/watch?v=pq2gonkO0nw
youtube.com/watch?v=KEC0TcgM0aw
youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc

Any non-liberal denomination of Lutheranism, probably

filtered

Lol remember that time you posted your tripcode in the name field
Good times
I lost the screenshot :(

There is literally nothing wrong with breaking material idols

Nice strawman by the way you fucking idiot

Mark 3:35 "Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

You don't need a denomination.

seventh day adventist

How do you know what God's Will is?

Arianism, of course. Non-trinitarism is the way to go.

Jehova's Witnesses.

Just study and have faith and get to know God and Christ. Develop that relationship.

meme

>can literally be debunked faster than protestantism with their own "Bible"
Into the trash it goes.

This. This stupid meaningless argument just makes me think most people here are just posturing as Christian to try to add some level of moral grounding to what they're saying.

Do you really think that if an Orthodox priest, a Catholic priest and a Protestant (not sure what the official word is, they vary from the churches I've seen) that they'd spend all their time arguing about who's the real Christian?

You're not going to convince anyone to change faiths, you're just gradually turning your faith into a cult.

What you "think" doesn't matter, study Church history.

>Orthodox priest, a Catholic priest and a Protestant (not sure what the official word is, they vary from the churches I've seen)
mfw

JUDAISM

Study and you'll see what it is. And know it's behind all the religious law, not the religious law itself. The whole narrative of Jesus was him destroying the man made laws of religion, he taught against the oppressive man made laws.

But what it is, is Good and love. Righteousness. Everything the world needs.

>What you "think" doesn't matter, study Church history.

Wow, it's almost like you missed the entire point of my post that going around going "Fucking Pagans/protties are fake Christians, only my church is the real one and if you disagree you're a heretic" is pointless, it doesn't bring up any interesting discussion, and it would be better served answering questions about the faith in a way that actually educates people.

So instead of shitposting about how only Orthodox churches are Christian, answer a question with "From an Orthodox point of view, this is how I understand this". Do you understand what I'm saying, or is it just easier to post another epic nazi frog pic?

>getting circumcised

Aryanism, they believed that Jesus wasn't God's son but that he was the only real prophet

PROTNIGGERS ARE ILLEGITIMATE

WHY BIBLE REJECT SOLA SCRIPTURA

Is there more than one of you, or are you seriously posting this stuff from more than one device at once?

>Believing you will be punished and tortured for all eternity
>Believing that all man is born with sin
lmao

EXPLAIN THIS PROTURD

PROTNIGGER SCARED OF FACTS

PROTSHIT BTFO

SOLA SCRIPTURA BTFO

& Humanities was a mistake

Anglicanism

Comfy as fuck

PROTNIGGER WAS A MISTAKE

high or low church?

WORD WORSHIP

Low

aren't you guys really liberal or is that a meme?

The only people that are genuinely Anglican are mostly old people who are Conservative.

C of E probably tries to be lefty to appeal to young people, waste of time though.

PROTNIGGER LIES ABOUT THE BIBLE

LIE FOR JEWSUS

what is the future of anglicanism then?

>strawmanning
>shitposting about how only Orthodox churches are Christian
>nazi frog
Bait?

I'll dumb it down for you:

Catholic Church = daddy
Schismatic churches = runaway sons
Protestant churches = harlot daughters

Decline until it's non existent

what is lutheranism like?

>strawmanning

It's literally happening in this thread user, it's not a strawman if it's objective.

>shitposting about how only Orthodox churches are Christian

I wasn't saying I believed that? I was simply talking about how people say that here.

>nazi frog
Since when are memes bait?

And I'm Catholic, but bitching about how everyone else isn't really a Christian just achieves nothing. No-one who honestly believes these things changes their mind, at most you get some /pol/ LARP sorts coming in and just changing their mind to fit in with whatever the current meme is.

It contributes nothing to discussion, and people of all different denominations have interesting takes on the scripture or issues relating to the faith, we gain nothing by refusing to listen to anyone different to us.

>Catholic
>proddy apologist

>no actual argument
>just shitposts and ebin meme pics

>Veeky Forums

>Veeky Forums is my designated shitting site

Strong meme friend.

>mom you just don't get it! Veeky Forums is very serious business!

If you're just looking for memes, you might have better luck with the folk over on /r Veeky Forums, instead of coming to a discussion board and then refusing to discuss anything.

Catholicism is the most Christ-focused. Stop falling for the Protestant memes. Orthodoxy is similar I guess, but they are wrong in some respects - and any inconsistency is enough to disprove a faith).

>Catholicism is the most Christ-focused
Why do Marians pretend they are Christian?

gnosticism
the jesuits

Why are proddies who regularly blaspheme against the Blessed Virgin Mary, who is the Ark of the New Covenant, unaware of the fact that they deserve to be slaughtered like Uzzah?

Matthew 7:23

LOOK AT THIS IDOL WORSHIPPER

Lv. 1-5: nerd
Lv. 6-10: autist
Lv. 11-15: fedora
Lv. 16-20: fedora chieftain
Lv. 21-25: fedora lord
Lv. 26-30: fedora hero
Lv. 31-35: fedora scholar
Lv. 36-40: fedora wizard
Lv. 41-45: fedora legend
Lv. 46-50: Dawkins
Lv. 51-55: Nietzsche
Lv. 56-60: nihilist
Lv. 61-65: satanist
Lv. 66-70: fallen angel
Lv. 71-75: demon
Lv. 76-80: beast
Lv. 81-85: false prophet

>to pagan

10/10 troll, many shall take the baito

Nietzsche was the literal antichrist

apostolic

>love one another

>know that you are free from the bondage of sin

>god has made everything you need in this life available under the convent of grace

What does this have to do with the fact that you think breaking a statue matters?

Just get away from these poisonous desert cults.