Bought this vehicle a few days ago. I was advised to have a mechanic inspect it

Bought this vehicle a few days ago. I was advised to have a mechanic inspect it.

I am a total auto noob.. can anyone tell me what happens during and after an inspection?

Also what should I focus on having repaired in general? It has 249K on it. And yes its a V6.

You already posted your car. What's the point of inspecting it AFTER you bought it? You paid a mechanic $50 to tell you a whole bunch of stuff is wrong. Next you just nod your head, take the paper with all the issues written on it and go home.

what happens after I go home with the paper?

Your 250k mile v6 Camaro breaks down and you learn a valuable lesson. Hopefully you didn't pay but a couple hundred over scrap value for it.

you fix the damn issues you idiot.
look up some video tutorials on the web

6.2 swap

What is the likelihood of it "breaking down"? I paid $500

Sweet license plate brah

What is that?

thanks, came with the vehicle.

During the inspection he'll probably check stuff from a checklist, or just check stuff off in his head, get it up on a lift to check more stuff like the drive shaft, diff's, leaks, etc.
Afterwards, he'll tell you what's probably fucked. What you do with that info is up to you, fix it? Sell it? Your call. You probably should have done the research and legwork before you bought the car. Especially considering that a v6 Camaro is generally considered to be a waste of money. It's not cool without the V8. Normies don't care about your weird looking old car, and car people are gonna know it's a v6 right away and call you a fag.
As long as you like it I guess.

>$500
I'd wash it, wax it, and sell it for 1200.

>"breaking down"

why the quotes
are you that fucking delusional that you think it wont break?

FORMAT YOUARE POSTS NEWFAG

This

You done good getting a running driving car for $500 but guaranteed there's some serious shit wrong with it. An inspection is probably a great investment for you since it'll make you much more inclined to polish that turd and make enough profit to actually buy a decent car. There are plenty of idiots right here on Veeky Forums that would give you $1500 for it.

Thanks for that response. I was without a vehicle for 2 months, biking to work and trying to save up for another one. Being a first time buyer, I soon discovered most used car dealerships wanted $1,000+ down then monthly payments.

I came home one night and noticed this vehicle online for $800 and got it for $500. Two of my neighbors are mechanics and they gave it a once over before telling me it would be a good car to take me around town if I just drive it normally.

I don't care about car people really at this point - seems like most of them are weird or assholes anyways judging by the way this thread has been going.

I do happen to like this car a lot which is why I want to try to take care of it.

It's actually spray painted green.
What could be a possible serious shit wrong with it?

Explain how or what may cause it to break down.

How do car people know its a v6 right away ?

by the way, Id love if you or anyone answered my question about your post because it may help me prevent this vehicle from """breaking down"".

its an old v6
you need your hand held?

it will break

read that again

it will break

theres nothing you can do about it because your a retard that doesnt understand simple shit

I can diagnose the biggest issue with it just with what you have told me so far op. It would appear to be missing two of its cylinders.

Best advice would be to cut your losses and scrap it

my handheld what? phone?

Okay read this.

How will it break?

How will it break?

Answer the question or i wont reply to you anymore because if you cant answer this question related to cars and how they might break down then I will be forced to assume you are a real faggot who drives their parents vehicle like a lunatic until it breaks down on them.

WEAR ITEMS BEING RAPED BY TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES OF HEAT AND SHIT ENGINEERING

do you understand the term "wear item"

your shit gonna break
>my handheld what
jesus fuck

Yea I really do regret now that it is not an 8 cyl.
I had a chance to purchase a 94 Thunderbird 8 cyl in great condition for $995 cash, but my water heater broke and had to dump a lot of cash to fix it.

It also cost about $400 just to register the vehicle and tag because I never had a tag in this state.

I do not want to depend solely on my bicycle, riding it around 20 miles a day just to get to work and get laundry and grocerys done if I can help it.

Wear items? How would I wear car parts?

By the way, arent vehicles supposed to last way beyond 200K if they are well maintenanced? The VIN records on this car were clean.

Explain shit engineering... is Chevy a chit car brand?

>I don't care about car people really at this point - seems like most of them are weird or assholes anyways judging by the way this thread has been going.

kek

you are a top class troll and very witty individual, my good sir

Its a genuine question. Is Chevy a shit car brand whose vehicles "break down" after 250K miles?

by the way, how do you tell a v6 from a v8 "right away"? Is it when I am driving the vehicle? or can car people tell when im parked.

>this thread

kek 4/10 would read again

On the off chance OP is serious then double kek, 8/10 would kek twice again

I am serious dude.

That's just because you're on Veeky Forums where everyone is an autist, much more than you can afford, pal.

But I mean, if it's replacing a bicycle, it's not too bad. You could pay like $200 for a crappy bicycle, so $500 for an actual car isn't bad. As long as it runs, you're good man, even if there are some problems. Good luck

yes there's no difference at all between a used dealer and some camaro piece of shit. You'd be much smarter to go to a junkyard and pay $5 for a car shell. Since 500 is less than 1,000+, therefore 5 is less than 500.

Where's gaskings when you need him? please start some camaro hate memes, literally every camaro driver I know on or off the internet is this weird mix of poor hippie trying too hard to pretend that they have any form of income

Thank you sir

Your generalizations are priceless man. No difference between a used dealer and a camaro?

$5 for a car shell? what is a car shell?

You sound like a black guy explaining some shit he heard in a math class with that 500, 1000 talk.

I wasnt looking for a camaro. It just happened to be the cheapest vehicle I could find.

I think for $500 it should serve well as basic transportation.

Check wear on things like the belts, and change all your fluids.

And for christssakes man, get rid of that gaudy hood.

It seems like OP wants a psychic to tell him what is going to break on his car.

Here's what you need to know. 250k is a lot of miles. The fact that you bought a car and didn't know that baffles me, but now you know. You only paid $500 for it, so that's good.

The reason you aren't getting an answer on what could break is because there are so many components that could break, and you're acting like a teenager and expect a simple answer.

Here's where to start; replace your fluids and cheap wear items. You're gonna want new oil, trans fluid, coolant, and brake fluid. You're also gonna want to check if the brake pads and rotors are in good shape. The accessory belt/belts will also need to be checked.

If you need more in depth explanations, then use fucking google. Any time I get stuck, I just watch youtube videos. It's that easy. But let's be real, you're going to pay a shop to fix shit, so it's gonna get pricey.

You can take it to a mechanic, and he will tell you what's wrong with it. You won't know what any of this means. So figure it out from there.

OP thinks his 249,000 mile v6 isnt the most ghetto pos

cops are gonna pick on this shit

Well, if you're not super into cars, nobody can tell. When I said people would be able to tell its a v6, that was on the assumption you'd be showing it off, racing, etc. If you just drive it, it doesn't matter. Just do all your fluids, trans, rear diff, engine oil and drive it. I'd also buy a cheap socket set and a box of wrenches because you'll probably have to learn to work on it at some point. Little things might go here and there, but if it's been maintained, it's probably fine.

Thank you for the info.

not really. i live in a small town down south where a lot of the cars either look like mine if not sketchier. Random cars on lifts and old pickups from the 70s. I actually blend right in.

Have a good black friday