/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #73

Previous thread: Merry Christmas Y'all edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/
The Third version of YW3 will be released in the 16th of December! Contains Buster mode and all the other goodies!

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
We're working on an FAQ for Yo-kai Watch 2 now! This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/HBkws
yokaishopping.tumblr.com/post/154239748901/food-review-jibanyans-chocobo
pastebin.com/fHNH4LkG
twitter.com/YokaiWatchNews/status/807383653491900416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought the first YW game and really liked it but around 15 hours in I just lost interest. Is the second one worth trying out? What are the differences between the two versions other than version exclusive Yokai?

imgur.com/a/HBkws

the tl;dr
>More areas to explore and things to amuse you that isn't plot related
>Some improved befriending rate thanks to items and model zero poking
>Plot is a bit more focused than scattered like in YW1
>Online play/trade
>Buster mode where you play as a yo-kai to go oni hunting.

There's more, but that's what pops up at the top of my head.

This should be the next OP

>Wibble Wobble used Puni's Christmas banner but won't give us the actual Christmas Yo-kai
>And has finally reached the point where anyone who doesn't have a maxed out Crank can't get most new Yo-kai

How does Japan balance it out?

they don't.
Although recently they implemented something in that only certain tribes can participate in score attack. I think it depends on the score attack kai of the week

They kinda do. They put a lot of Yo-kai in the Crank, the thing MEANT TO GET MONEY WITH.

I don't know why WibWob doesn't do that.

>TODAY ONLY! 5x DROP ON ILLUMINOCT! Y MONEY SALE, 8000 YMONEY FOR JUST $5.99!

Watch it flow.

oh, also assuming you either beat the main story or were doing story, the beginning may feel slow since the first few chapters sum up what happened and didn't happen in the first game.

Hopefully it won't pass Christmas for a new thread to be made

NEW NYAN IN WIBWOB!

>Not A rank
Shit taste detected

Do the Dewnyan

Hasbro's medals, especially the horrendous Yo-motion medals, are starting to look really fucking cheap in comparison to Japanese medals.

Boop

lol

I want to see a convention panel with Tomokazu Seki and Joey D'Auria.

...what would happen if two Whispers met each other?

>When Americans are butthurt about you not being in their game

Want he just recently release in JP though? There's no way he'll appear that quickly in the US version unless they make another one of those region exclusive kai like Libertynyan

a short about a grown up boy's life after exposure to yokai could make for an amusing quip

Made in Japan VS Made in China.

Umm... Butler Fight?

That'd make for a nice segment i think.

What are they talking about?

so does anyone know about wib wob's root check? i keep failing it although i (as far as I know) completely unrooted and reflashed everything in order to upgrade to android 7.

i can even start the japanese version of puzzle and dragons, which as far as i know has the strictest root check out there

There might be a leddit post or something that goes into detail on that. I've only used my iphone for the game and its ran fine for the most part.

The cost of having smoke tits

Still anchorposting for this story, and possibly the others before it.

can he speak english?

can we talk about how shotanon and dante are the cancer killing the discord channel? the idea that they're even tolerated there is absurd if your goal is to form a community. no wonder everyone is moving on to pokemon.

>bringing discord drama onto a thread
You're not a very smart user, are you?

bump

Why is YW2 filled with story quests that lock you out of other parts of the game until you beat them?

I somehow managed to get to Dame Dedtime with a shitty, non-cohesive team filled with level 22-28. There is no way for me to go back to the present and catch different Yo-kai.

>I somehow managed to get to Dame Dedtime with a shitty, non-cohesive team filled with level 22-28
How is that even possible?

Otherwise it's usually the start/finish of YW games that end up doing annoying locks.

Your best bet is to go outside the warehouse and take out some of the wicked yokai. They give like 1.2k exp per victory.

I do wish they give a warning as to when an incoming story lock is going to happen though.

>How is that even possible
I made good use of talismans and healing items, but that can only take you so far.

Quick question though: is this really the endgame before post game begins? If so, the sequel's a lot shorter than the first one...

if you just follow the main story only, the game is relatively short. You are encouraged to do side quests to to get access towards some yokai, more exp, items, and so on.

Dromp

You'll need to talk to shota personally about that, he only responds if you "say it to his face."

Why the fuck does Whisper even put up with him?

Despite his "rescuing" Whisper, Nate wouldn't give 2 shits if Whisper left one day as long as Jibanyan hung around. Hidabat could just buy a new Yo-kai Pad for information.

It's on Whisper's Contract. Neither Nate nor Whisper know about it.

yokaishopping.tumblr.com/post/154239748901/food-review-jibanyans-chocobo

Swosh

I think food reviews are best done via video

I'm working on that, but I don't have actual video footage.

Bump

pastebin.com/fHNH4LkG

NSFW

Suggestions on where to take it, please. Maybe it's because I'm really tired, but I'm stumped.

Oh, was expecting Blazion to take the initiative after she fell down, what with her ass up.
Would USApyon actually be watching this?

>Blazion take the initiative
Good idea, I could do some re-writing. Animal instinct kicks in?

I assume USApyon will watch and make commentary about how stupid Inaho acts during it.

Yeah animal instincts makes more sense. Didn't know USApyon was into voyuerism

>voyuerism
He's a Astronaut, what did you expect? New Horizon?

Looks good. Wish we could get some.

valid point

bump

the postgame, in return, is a bit bigger, although you do have to do Infinite inferno again to get to the new dungeon

how do I get to befriend scaremaiden in 2?

You don't. You have to wait for the third version to get the part needed to make one

Well shit

up

Venoct will be appearing in the dub tomorrow. About time
twitter.com/YokaiWatchNews/status/807383653491900416

Which voice, though? Medal, YW1, or neither because the series can't keep consistency?

Your guess is as good as mine.

IS THIS POKEMON GENERAL?? HAHAHAHAH
I THOUGHT YOU HAD YOUR OWN BOARD
>>>/VP/

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

what if they use both?

Whose side are you on?

I'd imagine the both of them trying to outbrag each other

the Yo-kai side duh.
they're having a barbeque among the angry kids

What side wants Shotanon and Le Ebin I Just Discovered 4chinz Donte Fug You banned from the Discord? I'm on that side and so are 50 other people.

This girl comes up to you and asks you to be part of a silly mash-up with other yo-kais to create photos for a superstitious monster lore magazine.

Wat do?

Why nobody want to help Inaho?

Say yes and put a mimikin in my place

>tfw empty thread

Didnt this just happen in South Park?

Hell if I know, haven't watch the new season

Consider yourself lucky.

Where the fuck are the trash cans even AT in Breezy Hills? I've only seen one by the Everymart.

I'm trying to get a Walldin right now.

I just used the one by the Everymart, since that's also the only one i could find. It's also pretty good since it's located right by a spawn point.

yeah, from what I've heard, the overarching story wasn't good
at least they said it wouldn't happen again, next season is back to the same old formula

How many times did you have to go back to title screen before he showed up?

I dont think it was confirmed or anything but that's what people are thinking from the title of the last episode.

Actually YW has a pretty nice episode format the way it can tell multiple stories over an episode or in some cases sticking to one or two. It's also done overarching plots in them too.

Just to get him once it took up to 20-25 times. Didnt get him the first time of course cause why would it?

Who are you?

burned out from finals myself

>Haven't even begun to study for mine
>My Math grade depends on it
Its next Friday but the same class has a 54% failure rate

You should be like Inaho and take breaks often between your work time even if there's a huge difference between an elementary's workload and post-secondary. Point is, just make sure you at least do something productive once every while.

Disgusting. I sincerely hope this is fixed in YW3.