its leveling out if you watch the charts

Holding.......

And then it shall fall. Waiting for that dip

>Wait for dip
>Everyone buys at the low
>Prices shoot up
>Sell at profit
Nothing better than a new volatile market

Yea seems to be pretty stable today was hoping for more of a dip, got out of APH at the high still holding thc, may need to buy back in soon if nothing happens

actually its stabalizing so it wont dip from here, it will soon spike up again. no dip to come.

yeah after the shit show yesterday i think everyone has calmed down and will start getting back on the train in the next couple days

What would be good ones to buy into again? APH Mt and CGC?

APH and CGC are the ones making actual money off the market as is. So they ar the ones most likely to succeed

Aphria went up to 7,6 yesterday and crashed down to six.

The only news I've seen is Aphria selling shares for 4 dollars on the eleventh.

Why are people reacting possitively to those news and what the fuck happened yesterday?

CGC is still at negative earnings.

Its OGI and APH that make money
MT is iffy

pump and dump. I'm glad I sold at 7.50 lol

>Aphria went up to 7,6 yesterday and crashed down to six.

almost every weed stock did this yesterday

>The only news I've seen is Aphria selling shares for 4 dollars on the eleventh.

preferred shares so they can further finance expansion in anticipation of recreational marijuana. They not too long ago bought a big area right next to them that they can now build greenhouses on

>Why are people reacting possitively to those news and what the fuck happened yesterday?

IIROC the "regulators" of the canadian market said it was a "single stock circuit breaker" that triggered that caused trading halts throughout the day since so many retail investors were flocking to the canadian weed market. I think they got in MAJOR SHIT for what happened and we wont see that happen any time soon. Hell some people bought in at CGC at the height yesterday of $18-$19

Why am i positive? recreational weed is coming.The liberals have said they wont allow those without a medical need to grow the weed themselves so 80-90% of weed smokers will be buying directly or indirectly from weed dispenseries- aka APH, CGC, etc.

Health Canada has modestly said when it goes live that this could be a 9-10 figure market.

>Second Quarter Fiscal 2017 Earnings Review

>Net income for the quarter ended September 30, 2016 was $5.4 million

>Year-to-date, the Company recorded net income of $1.5 million

still posetive net income for cgc? or am i missing something

Sup Veeky Forums I was wondering if one of you could enlighten me on something.
I hear a lot about people losing money on stocks and I don't know much about them but from what I understand you can hold stocks for as long as you want so how can people lose money? Can't they just wait for it to go past what they bought it for? What other factors come into play here?

A company can go bankrupt- example Enron. Lets say you have 10,000 shares of Enron stock. Then one day it plummets to 0. Whats 10,000 times 0?

or likewise a company could be worth a $100 a stock, then suddenly it crashes to $10 a stock. Yes if you dont sell you havent lost, but what if the stock stays at around $10 for 50 years? are you going to keep your money tied up in that stock forever? you will never get back what you invested in it. Thus they say "you lost money"

What weed stocks are on Robinhood?

none, get a real broker

So would you say it's safe to buy into CGC/APH at their current prices? I'll be making my first time investment soon and weed stocks have my attention after these threads. I'm hoping to make some money off it to invest in something safe like an ETF afterwards.

pretty safe, id wait for another minor dip but the prices they are at now look like a fairly good entry

2 days ago before the IIROC fiddled with trade halts the stocks were skyrocketing. I see this happening again.

you might also look at THC, EMH, and other smaller LP's.

>In light of recent volatility in Canadian marijuana stocks, please be reminded that Stop orders are not accepted on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE). Stop orders include Stop Market, Stop Limit, Trailing Stop Market, and Trailing Stop Limit orders. If you place a Stop order for a CSE-listed security, the order will be rejected.

wait then how did that one user have a trailing stop loss in place?

I see a lot of people predicting a big dip and then a steady increase over the next several months. What do you predict?

the big dip just happened didn't it? All major weed stocks dropped heavily yesterday

>tfw sold Mettrum and Aph around 5.80 each
>not sure whether or not to buy back in

Yeah, time to buy again. Or more accurately, should have bought yesterday.

Bid/Ask up pre-market open.

lol "due yo recent volitity no more stop losses in the canadian marijuana market because we were threatened with lawsuits. You're on your own with this one"

just got that message. Seems someone in the IIROC is a little bit salty after they fucked with the market 2 days ago and got their asses handed to them

GOOD AFTERNOON

>ACB +4.01%
>AFI -3.13%
>APH +5.62%
>CGC +3.98%
>OGI +2.12%
>THC +5.56%

Anyone else using TD web broker?

How come when I buy my stock doesnt show up till the next day?

Takes a day for it to reconcile, it'll be there on Monday if you bought it today.

For example, today I sold 15000 shares of CYX at .115, the money is in my account but won't "register" till Monday.

Hey thanks for the response.

Iv bought stock on two occasions, once I got it for about the price I paid for and another time it averaged 4 dollars higher after everything was purchased, am I doing something wrong?

Are you taking into account broker/transaction fees?

Yes im looking at average share price after purchase.

god i never panicked so hard with stocks

bought back in at 13.75 and then sold at 12.28.....
lost fucking 4k but at least i'm still up by 23k....

i think i'm done with this meme

>panicking when we still have months to go
ok

I love the trading halt caused all the retards to panic, makes me hard just thinking about it.

Truth is these prices will hold, you're only trying to suffice your own ego if you really think there's going to be a heavy dip.

Think of all the news and traction this is getting. People are now starting to camp their money into this long term and as it gets more awareness it will only keep going.

It's literally never too late to invest if your horizon for return is 1 year etc.

Trust me all these tiny dips do not matter one bit. It will keep trending upwards.

>sell at top of dip to profit take(before it got halted)
>retards panic sell all their shit.
>buy back at a dip.
>already back up 20%
>feelsgoodman
>paying for my shit from clicking buttons on a screen
>tfw don't even smoke
>tfw volatile as shit
>rockhard.jpg

i have the exact same feeling, even though i havent been selling off like that cause im not confident in myself
but im just holding through all of this and i could not give less of a shit about the dips

I have info on a new feedstock that's about to be listed, anyone interested?

weed stock*

Are you talking about Emblem?

No

just fucking say the info without being a bitch

Anyone else buy RSSFF (US version of AFI) bought in @ .0108
strawberries and weed make a nigga squirt $eed

.108*

you are a moron.

Anyone got solid info on "weed stocks" so I can get the overall rundown on what to invest in?

> months to go
what do you mean by this?
whats going to happen?

me retrad, no bully plz

Sessions as U.S. AG can't be good news for weed stocks - waiting for dat der dip before buying and holding for about 8 years

legalization final announcement/what they plan on doing.

news is starting to catch on/the general public.

right now is basically the base of the bubble

TSE:CGC, CNSX:SL, CVE:APH or CVE:OGI? CGC already boomed alot.. Which one is the best bet to jump on?

premarket

boy am i glad i sold early when I bought back into the bear trap

Buy into OGI then! All aboard the hype train

cgc hatled again

anybody ready to buy CGC again? I don't think I will until we have been under 9$ for many days

I'm confident there will be a good spread this month right before the task force present their recommendations

Ouch market going down for now I feel like I should bail but probably worth it to hold, only in acb and ogi

I told you guys two weeks ago during the run to sell everything and you all laughed at me.

What I said was true, the stocks will never, ever be as valuable as they were right before the halt. Please don't hold if you're expecting this.

It's over. I'm sorry, but if you don't sell now you're just giving away money.

The sell off is due to insiders seeing that the task force is aligning against legalization. In 2 months I can see OGI and the little guys being delisted, with APH and CGC trading around $1.

>The sell off is due to insiders seeing that the task force is aligning against legalization

sauce?
That task force report isn't gonna go public in many months to come.

Exactly, that's why the insiders (people with knowledge not publically available) are selling. They are seeing the writing on the wall and are getting out while there is still value in the stocks.

>The sell off is due to insiders seeing that the task force is aligning against legalization

They are not there to say yes or no to legalization because legalization WILL happen, they are here to give recommendations on how to do it, there is no point legalization is not happening.

To clarify, it's looking more and more likely that the task force will recommend a referendum on weed legalization. If that's the case, the entire industry is dead. Young people don't vote, so the referendum will fail and weed will remain illegal.

The dream is dead, it's all red from here I'm afraid.

This won't happen. Young people don't vote? well they are a huge part of Trudeau success last election. Legalization was one of Trudeau biggest electoral promise, there is no point he's backing off on this. A lot of people elected him on this. He won't risk to lose next election by not fulfilling his promise. As I say before, legalization will be pass as a law, end of the story. Task force can suggest things but they are not writing the law.

Anybody following ACOL? What's with their 58% gains today?

screw off, ive been holding for 3 months now, im 18k ahead right now. This isnt a day trade stock.

>The sell off is due to insiders seeing that the task force is aligning against legalization.

ahhh you had a wet dream? dont worry you will get those as you grow up

>he says as the stocks continue to crash. Man, these stocks are down 24% since the 16th. How can you say this is just a "correction?"

TWENTY FOUR PERCENT

>down 24% from a greatly inflated high
>after weeks of unhindered growth
Use some logic my man

ive owned APH since it was just over a dollar, so im very happy at the moment despite todays loss

as i said you most likely bought in at the 52 week high. Dont cry foul when it goes below the highest its ever been

Pretty much this, take a look at r/weedstocks and you will see everyone ia freaking out about it

the thing with highly speculative meme stocks is that usually when they fall this hard, they usually don't go back up. This might not be a case of the stock not being at its highest for a brief moment.

And all those assumptions about what the task force would report is just not as relevant as people would think desu. I would think that even if the public ends up with relatively positive news for legalization, it would still take sometime before CGC could actually live up to its high price. The stock could very well tank without any bad news from our politicians.

which is why you not only bet on sure on companies, you bet on companies that still have fundamentals coming

CGC has its production, sales, oils, and is on the TSE

APH has its production, sales, oil but is on the CVE. They have stated that REALLY want to move up to the big boy market and like CGC and others have experienced when they do they should go up by about 30-40%.

Other smaller companies with even less dundamentals:

PUF- has a facility but is still awaiting their production license i think.
EMH

CGC has nothing but financials coming down the pipeline so they are pretty tapped out of positive news.

Everything opening down another 20% today.

Don't mean to sound rude, but I feel like I said something about this yesterday...

brace for impact

Shitposting aside, this is really bad.

Im going to hold through, but its painful

How much do you hold?

For me, I was waiting for today for some time

just because a stock is on the TSX doesn't mean it's not a meme. Just because their financials are getting better with every quarter doesn't mean that this shit can't come crashing down.

Looks like some good buying opportunities next time I get paid.

The task force isn't there to play politics, they are there to get the job done as directed by the government. There is no way they would recommend a referendum.

The absolute madman is right.

I sure hope you guys sold. It's all over hahaha

>Looks like some good buying opportunities next time I get paid

This level of delusion.

Its kill. Next time to hop on the train is in the beginning of April right before the decision on the extend of legalization is made.

Seems to be rising back up now? Or is it just a bounce

news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1158419&crtr.tp1D=3

Is this Health Canada Briefing today weed related?

Are weed stocks a relatively safe long-term investment, given that all western countries are gradually making the progression from illegal to legal for medical use to completely legal? Surely in 10 to 20 years this will be a pretty huge industry?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I'm new to Veeky Forums.

could be.

and thats my idea of why im invested

Health Canada does more than just weed, and knowing how slow the government is, that task force report isn't gonna go public anytime soon

>10 to 20 years
memes aren't meant to be held for 10 to 20 years. You'd be better off indexing for this time frame. Or index until the memes become strong again. You'd have to think of the opportunity costs of holding onto your memes until there could even be a remote possibilty for a single weed stock to go beyond 15$ again.

>Surely in 10 to 20 years this will be a pretty huge industry?

Yeah probably.

But you don't know which company is going to be running the market. It's highly unlikely any present one will be, and a lot more likely a new one will pop up within that time that will overtake the market.

Give me one reason why big tobacco won't dominate this market.

I called into the briefing and it was about tobacco regulations.

I'm going to be honest, most of my shitposting was because I was still up a little bit from my entry points so it was all fun and games. As of today I'm now officially down.

Is it really ogre? I was just playing. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. Is it my fault?

Call me delusional, but I'm holding. And if I had money laying around, I'd buy more at this point.

Will anything of worth happen on the 30th? What are the chances of a turnaround tomorrow morning? Hold me.

>Not selling when it was obviously bubbling and buying back in at a lower point
It's like you hate money

I'm a car salesman, not a fucking banker. If I was smart I wouldn't have lost all my money trifling with meme stocks.

Tfw ought in cgc at 8.90 or some gay shi hope it goes back up just a bit so i can pay.my broker fees :[

good fucking morning goddamnit

cbc.ca/news/politics/veterans-hehr-pot-policy-1.3861534 a little old but stilll

Also this definitely is not the reason for weed stocks dropping.