>/dbt/ and Veeky Forums discord
discord.gg/4TUUzgv

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
>SEM 3.0 Location poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazO824cHFQyqffI1sxMTwJVxVF_ZgZXGk5I5Dw1_NAvemDg/viewform#responses

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsH8XZUd4U
youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A
youtube.com/watch?v=qs7kjvhwHlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fucking up the op

cmon mang

WR450 KILLER

Literally not even fucked up at all

The DR-Z400 is objectively the best expert level dual sport bike.
> mileage
It's a mid-sized 4stroke single cylinder bike, so it gets at least 50mpg.
> handling
It handles nothing like a supersport. It it tall and light with a steering geometry set up to be very agile. Theis combined with the wide handlebars make it very easy to change directions.
> brakes
The brakes are designed for off-road and aren't so twitchy they will lock up easily on slick surfaces. They are completely acceptable but require a firm squeeze, yet with a larger diameter rotor upgrade like on the SM model you will find it taking no effort at all to slow down very quickly.
> power
When you're a good rider you don't need 100+ HP to pass everyone on the touge. Git gud faget.
> carbs
The CV carb found on the DR-Z helps calm down the twitchiness of a lightweight single.
> seating position
The tall seat combined with a completely upright seating position puts you high enough to see over all but the highest brotrucks. It is also a very comfortable position which puts practically no strain on your lower back or wrists.
> price and availability
The bike has gone unchanged for the last 15 years so there's plenty available for very cheap. The popularity and lack of change keeps the resale value high so it's easy to sell. This has the downside of making them expensive to buy in the used market but can be avoided with patience.
> suspension
The Dr-Z400 features a fully adjustable Showa cartridge forks and shock which offer spendid damping characteristics. You can tune it to your riding style with the clickers and preload adjusters, but you will benefit from a respring if you're a fat fuck. Lose some weight.

Yeah, I have my sportbike soooo. I don't want two MORE bikes. I know n+1 but like, shit. between my RD400, the Duc, and maybe that ADV I ran outta space, user.

Still tho. Thanks for inputs again.

Our lives are but embers compared to the bright flames they once were.

Don't forget its easy maintenance schedule and bulletproof reliability

>50mpg out of a 1/10th gallon tank

lol dual sports

>carbs

lol dual sports

THE OTHER THREAD ISN'T AT BUMP LIMIT

I'm going to fill this one to image limit too

>not GS500
>not DRZ400
OUT

lol looks fucking stupid

That's awful

>tfw no stealth hoon machine

youtube.com/watch?v=VFsH8XZUd4U

>tfw when no tuber buell

Why not? They're pretty cheap. I would rather have an XB tho.

>VFR supercharger kits are no longer being made

finally a new thread of webms with sounds

>V-tec

Ayy lmao! you know thats not a real vfr, trap user?

>VCuck

Why buy a premium engine layout (V4) if you're not going to have premium technologies like gear driven cams and failing voltage regulators

been riding mines for two months and i'm already bored of it.

it's cool though i've learned the fundamentals and sicc leanz on this thing and couldn't be any more grateful

Because it looks cool and is comfy

Wait til it kicks in, yo

are you at least an owner of one, or are you just spamming shit like you did in the last thread?

Go ahead, buy a liter and get bored with that too. Just like everyone else.

And then do what real racers do and get a tiny bike to fuck around on and take tighter corners with tighter lines than you could ever work with on a bigger bike.

>And then do what real racers do and get a tiny bike to fuck around on and take tighter corners with tighter lines than you could ever work with on a bigger bike.

nah, fuck that. i'll go with the leader bike

The original 800s had a great powerband with its own 'wake up' point where it would start fucking growling like a demon out of hell

It's not like going from a civic without vtec to a civic with vtec. The "traditional" engine was already amazing, being based off an actual race bike and all. Vtec was added for fuel efficiency at cruising/commuting speeds.

And then rock solid reliable gear driven cams were removed because vtec made the already costly bike even costlier to produce

I was joking, but yeah if I were to get a vfr it'd be an older one, primarily because I'm poor though

>used 98-01 VFR: $2000-3000
>new R/R and wiring, some basic resto work, deferred maintenance on the part of POs, reclaiming lost toolkits, lost grab bars/seat cowl, figuring out net mounting options since you can't afford cases: DIY, about three fiddy
>used vtec viffer: $2000-3000

hope some of you did not have a shitty thanksgiving.

or spent it alone

or spent it alone and went for a lonely, peaceful

N I G H T R I D E
youtube.com/watch?v=W_rC-495Z_A

youtube.com/watch?v=qs7kjvhwHlw

has anyone ever seen a honda powersports dealership next to or integrated with a honda car dealership?

is the GS500 meant to be the "tiny bike" in this example? weighs more than some literbikes.

no but ive seen stores selling honda bikes alongside mowers and whipper snippers ROFLMAO

no because people only buy harleys and ATVs here

I haven't seen any used vtec interceptors for under $4k on my local CL

Nah

WR450

drop user pls

would any of you get a hi viz helmet?

I haven't seen any interceptors period

Why the fuck would anyone sell their interceptor

not enough go for normal GP style tracks.

Death, children, thats about it

Nah, a white helmet is good enough without looking like a traffic cone

I went with white, it looks good with just about any color gear and stands out well enough

no

>implying a little yellow blotch in a visual mess is going to make you stand out against a cluttered environment full of other yellow blotches

fully faired, solid color bike + matching gear, retroreflectors color matched as well = high vis
tiny cruiser/standard/naked + dull shit gear + a vest and a yellow helmet = low vis

as long as it's not sky blue, road gray, or camo green you're set

i had a feeling, my current helmet is white so I've decided to stick with that for any other ones i intend to get later on. maybe red or silver.

Got to ride an RGV500 today, I enjoyed it the most when I handed it back in one piece. 7k was fucking nuts.

Buddy sold his for an SP2 RC51. Soooo I approve of that.

>not keeping both
>not riding them at the same time

an RGV500 or an RG500?

So cunts, what do we think of the GS500 as a starter bike.

>Cheap
>Realitively powerful given my country's learner restrictions (LAMS)
>Big enough to double up with gf
>Reviews favorable

What do you reckon, Veeky Forums?

The only reason to get one is because it's cheap

don't get it with fairings because they look tacky as fuck

do get an sv650

NO

Because of the LAMS laws, it is way overpriced. Just have a look and you should be able to get a SV650 for close to the same price.

Piece of garbage that only exists for the sake of nanny states like your shithole, overpriced because of people being forced to flock to it by your shithole nanny state

I'd rather get a ninja 650-platform or KLR650 as a cheap shit starter bike, but those big numbers seem a little scary! 650, is only, like, 16 away from being the devil!

I dunno man, I'm finding 'em for like 2-3k, in my state thats the same pricing as a CBF250.
Yeah basically. I dont want to drop 6k on a bike Im only going to upgrade from in 2 years.
Nah fuck the F model, the naked looks way better.
I'll take a look at the SV650 tho.

>t. american who never left the highway

I'll sell you a lams 2smoke for a premium :^)

post leans drop user

Some of these gs500's look sweet. This one is horrible though.

Cheap, pretty reliable, not very fast, perfect for a learner. Cool motorbike bullies will give you shit for having one though.

Many of our B and C roads support a sorta-legal 50mph traffic flow, as a significant portion of this country was designed around motorized traffic. Having more horsepower doesn't stop you from having fun in corners either, so there's really no reason to buy small engines unless you're poor and oppressed.