/brg/ Battlerite general

we are now aiming for a Free-To-Play release in late 2017 - edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a top down shooter with a fast paced fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, adrenaline-fueled 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370

Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/

Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki

Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

previous thread →

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ziggylito/status/804335715723120640
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>trying to spin pushing off release by 8 months as a good thing

rip in piss

If the new patch turns out to be nothing but fucking cosmetics and "buy our new legendary chest!" im going to uninstall for good

good thing that they understand, how much stuff this game lacks
bad thing that if they need 3 months to develop and implement a feature, the game will die very fast

Well, they confirmed new matchmaking and a new hero.

Well, we know for sure that there will be a new champ, ranked rework, and more significant balance changes, theoretically. I'm hoping they're going to balance in more ways than numbers, and would like to see battlerites go through a major overhaul, but I'm not holding my breath.

The current pace of updates is glacial in comparison to how quickly players lose interest. The core game has a lot of potential, but it's not getting many to stick due to the issues this general discusses ad nauseum. This honestly feels like a "last chance" for a lot of the current players to have any real reason to stick around - we're currently going about a full month inbetween seeing anything significant added to the game. That's fine for a developed game like League, but is a death knell for Battlerite unless the content start being more impactful.

The ranked rework absolute can not flop. There has to be a reason for the top end to want to stick around beyond sekrit inhouses that just cut the community into more pieces, and more casual players have to feel, if not rewarded, at least deterred from playing ranked. Regardless of how you feel about flashing numbers being in the game just for psychological purposes, casual players will still form a moderate foundation for the game's financial success. Even if they're going to make up a smaller population than a game like League, they still need to exist.

>Because of this, we are now aiming for a Free-To-Play release in late 2017.

the feeling of poloma

>release in late 2017
holy fuck, I just wanted to refund it as soon as possible
serves me right for falling for the early access meme, god damn

may be that's exactly what they are afraid of

>we will need more time

That's it. That's the entire justification for pushing back the game's official release for an entire year. Not what they believe they need to fix before release can happen, not their roadmap for that significant delay that was sprung on us at the end of the last quarter before we hit the release window, nothing. Just PR bullshit. Again.

What would be the reason for this?
Trying to make more dosh through EA?
The sudden realization of how the game would not be a success if released right now?

What did he mean by this

well, their decision is having a huge backslash on leddit, so may be they'll reconsider

Do they really think they can make a succesful game without the support of the community? I'm honestly baffled at the apparent disconnect between the players that really want to make this game work and the devs

idk what you think f2pers will add other than more whining

the only issue with this is that they lied, whether or not the game goes f2p is a non-issue

you have misunderstood me I'm more referring to the pace this game is bleeding its hardcore audience

they'll be back when they realize that they'd rather be playing something than nothing, they'll continually whine but they aren't going to actually stop playing the game or entering tournaments because there's no alternative

it's not surprising that they complain about being burned out when many of them grinded 3k+ games in a couple months, most of their actual complaints about the game are just reactionary and unfounded or is a result of them insisting on playing 2v2

I'm confused why you think they wouldn't just go to another game. There's other games out there to fill a competitive need - maybe not the exact same itch Battlerite tries to scratch, but it's not like it's doing a great job of that as is.

everyone flipping out and complaining that this game has no depth is an ex-blc player, and this is the only game even a little like blc that exists

complaints about depth are also really silly if you compare this game to other popular "competitive" games, and again are mostly a result of people playing the shallow mode because it's easier, and then complaining the game is shallow

>it's not surprising that they complain about being burned out when many of them grinded 3k+ games
as you can see on steamspy, 300k people stopped playing, not only pros. I doubt they played 3k games each.
>they'll be back when they realize that they'd rather be playing something than nothing
it's not like it's the only MP game out there

no lmao

do you think the number of owners will ever be the concurrent player count why would you think that

the game has 200k unique players over the last 2 weeks and was averaging 3k concurrent even before f2p weekend which is more than blc ever managed, so if your metric is blc then the game is already a huge success

I don't think people realize that blc was really really niche and this game is still really niche, it will have the same small but dedicated playerbase of people who actually want to play a game like this, people who don't like this kind of game are going to be in the majority and can go play league of legends or w/e instead

If you're not even going to try to compete with the big titles on the competitive games market then why not just straight up cater to the veteran BLC audience then? Right now they're alienating both

the problem with them is that they think every change from blc is some kind of unforgivable transgression right now and they haven't gotten to the point where they're willing to explore this game for what it is at all yet

while I def. agree with them that blc wasn't too difficult I think saying this game is incredibly easy is outright lying, and I think that the changes made to this game can allow tactical aspects that were minor in blc to shine more in this game, but anyone 100% focused on the details of how this game isn't exactly like blc will miss that

I think as the game matures the majority of people will come around and be forced to admit they don't actually hate this game for being different than blc, people are just freaking out right now because blc was a very special game that died for dumb reasons and people are worried the same thing will happen again

>and more significant balance changes
And considering the fact that they got rid of all the testers that got shit done they will be horrible.

>do you think the number of owners will ever be the concurrent player count why would you think that
no i don't think so
I'm just telling you, that people drop the game not because of amount games played.

>hey'll be back when they realize that they'd rather be playing something than nothing
You dont seem to understand how these things work. A hardcore player plays for competition. If people leave, then it creates a snowball effect. Unless they rework the game from scratch these people will never seriously return, unless the market lacks alternatives which it wont be. There will be multiple arena fps next year alone, not even gonna start on all the other potential shit that might release like PVP centered MMOs and stuff. You lose this crowd you wont get them back.

You should see the in house server right now. There are plenty of people who are saying that if this results in "delaying esports" (lyl) they are going to quit the game because theres no reason for them to play this game if they cant make money off of it without getting screwed over by organizations such as Battlerekt. I mean, this might be all doom and gloom but this announcement will make the competitive scene bleed unless they follow it up with something. Because the new league system wont make people stay.

as someone who played only during the free weekend, only problem i had with the game from a newbie perspective was that all the maps blurred together for me,
i think i played on all of them but i couldn't honestly say anything other than there is one with some water and one is very dark
i thought the orb might do something different on each map at first but i was wrong

that and also everyone said the game was gonna be dead soon so i didn't buy it, was fun though

Honestly, the only players that can name all the maps are the ones that compete in tournaments, because they're the ones that have pick/ban phases for each.

Obviously it's a generalization, but I've spent about 2200 names and haven't bothered to learn them all. Most of them all feel claustrophobic to me anyways.

Any info on the new champ?

I'm just hoping we get thorn.

Does anyone know if our current ranked "grade" will affect our placements after the soft reset? and if so, how ??

>explore this game for what it is at all yet
>this game can allow tactical aspects that were minor in blc to shine more in this game
why don't you share with us what exactly you think these are?
>f2p late 2017
i think this is what it should have been from the start honestly, but the issue is they promised Q1 2017 since the summer. tons of new f2ps from the weekend were expecting to be able to play in a month or two, and now they're being told to pay up or wait another year. to them it's purely a grimy cashgrab move.
in the meantime the people who paid in will continue to move to other games, maybe check out new patches as they come along, but ultimately are done playing.

Yes, it will affect your placement.
According to them, you won't be playing against newbies but against people of your skill level in placements.

this

>to them it's purely a grimy cashgrab move.

Exactly. I played on the free weekend, loved the game, considered buying it but decided to wait a bit (at least until next patch on 14th). Now I can't help but see BR as a money grabber for SLS, since they not only broke a promise but are making an EA that will last 1 year, which is a big red flag for me.

Truly a shame, feels like another good game concept is going down the drain because, once again, it isn't being handled properly. Maybe the game still has chances to make a huge comeback, but, given the circumstances and SLS actions, I find the player base more likely to only decrease steadily (might increase a bit around the 14th, but that is it).

Truly a shame, I can't stress enough my disappointment.

they lowered the mobility and tuned down healing, it's less practical to dodge things in really close so the game becomes far more about positioning and cooldown management, healers not being able to keep up with focused damage makes baiting key abilities or separating someone far more valuable

the changes to character kits and meter usage makes baiting and punishing specific abilities far more valuable also, fighting is increasingly read based instead of reactionary/mechanical, having to read the actions of multiple people vying for different positioning can be very complex

people who only play 2v2 won't see any of this because 2v2 is mostly about taking orb and character combos and reacting to abilities correctly, which is very boring and binary but anyone pretending 2v2 was less dumb or gimmicky in blc has a poor memory, 2v2 is just a bad mode in general for a game like this

tl;dr 2v2 is literally killing the game

>even reddit is showing cracks in fanboyism

oh boy

>The thread is most alive when SLS fucks up and brings the game one step closer to the tomb

It feels ironic somehow.

Kind of, but what else is there to talk about? It doesn't have the population to have a large number of drawfags, or writefags, or even waifufags. That's at least 50% of a regular general right there.

There are rarely tournaments worth watching, and most of them are done poorly. I fully understand it's so early in the game's cycle that that's understandable, but it's hard to get hyped when there are constant delays between rounds due to administrator fuckups, terrible casters with rare exceptions, and stale comps.

brg v brg also doesn't happen, in part because no one bothered to set it up, and in part because there's little interest in it.

All that's left is dissecting whatever scraps they throws us, and they end up PR statements so often everyone got jaded a long time ago and just rips apart the empty words we're frequently thrown in 50 posts and then we drop back to nothing. Add that on top of discords killing general discussion on top of it, and it's a miracle the anons that continuously bump the threads can keep it alive.

>nobody creates the thread
>have to do it myself even tho i said i won't
some irony here too

You're doing god's work user, keep it up.
Because no way in hell I'm making a new thread.

>that breakdown on stream from Joltz
poorguy

Yeah, you're right, that's the problem with it right now, everything has been discussed to death. I guess we'll have to continue bumping this thread until the next patch/fuck up.

>it's a miracle the anons that continuously bump the threads can keep it alive.

Feels more like a curse to me, it's not fun staying up to 4 am figuring out ways to bump the thread in a meaningful manner.

Summary?

He hated the game since the beginning, but forced himself to play it all that time, because it's the only game where he could gain decent viewercount.
He didn't main any hero except Ezmo because he thinks that they all boring.
Now, after reaching g15 he has no motivation whatsoever play ranked or tournaments 2v2.
The only way he can have fun is 3v3 with voice.

probably gonna start playing Archeage on stream on new server in 2 days

Poor guy, he's the only streamer which doesn't give me cancer.
Too bad the idea itself of watching a stream instead of playing the game gives me cancer.

>that rook from 213213
i feel like such a shitter after that

delayed because they prob realized f2ptards arent gonna spend real life money on fucking color changes

>delay it by ~half a year without saying the reason

Doing so will make people assume they're doing so to grab more dosh with EA, which might as well be the correct answer considering how little info they gave us.

there were some BRs in twitch chat asking for keys
so, it's not that bad that F2P got delayed

The game already has a ton of BRs though, fortunately for you they only stick in servers where they have good ping.

Unfortunately for me, those are the servers I play in.

Why is SLS so insanely tight lipped about everything?

because they don't have publisher who kicks them in the balls and have no idea how to communicate with playerbase

its like when youre a kid and you do something bad and try to hide it. they know its shit but they dont wanna be yelled at

swedecucks

because they have nothing else to say? usually when you're intentionally vague about your promises, it's for one of two reasons.
1) you have no fucking clue what you're actually doing, so you have to sound like you do.
2) you're planning completely the opposite thing of what you're promising and need to convince people things will be fine

well they said about a lot of shit in that post, did you read it?

>be rus
>play on EU servers
>the only way to get into 3v3 ranked Q is play at 4 am
nice game

>be from LA
>play on LA server
>the only way I can get into 3v3 ranked Q without everyone else being BR is to not play 3v3
nice meem.

so, if we look from the positive side on this news.
They probably didn't expect the game to sell so well and they didn't plan that much for it, that's why the date was Q1 2017.
Now they have the money and they're expanding their team to add everything for the game to have a successful launch.

That's a nice way to put it.

>2016
>still using the BR meme

kys

This isn't looking on the "positive side". This is you trying to find an excuse for their decision. I wish you were right and there was a reasonable excuse, but they didn't even make up anything, they blatantly pushed EA for 8 months, are they remaking the whole game?

>but they want more time to improve the game
The game has been in EA since September, they had CBT already, if they didn't manage to polish things at this point that's not a good sign, as much as I want the game to succeed.

Having a 1 year EA is bad in itself, deciding to do so by pushing the previously set release date, lying to the community, makes it worse.

>This is you trying to find an excuse for their decision
i literally just made tldr from their post
>The game has been in EA since September, they had CBT already, if they didn't manage to polish things at this point that's not a good sign
game is pretty polished right now, but it lacks a lot of features which made BLC so fun
>Having a 1 year EA is bad in itself
i kinda don't care. it will be more f2p weekends and more people will buy it
>lying to the community
" We are aiming to release Battlerite in the first quarter of 2017" They changed their plans, that's it.
Also
"Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development"

Seems I can't convince you otherwise. If you want to bow and accept what they're doing, feel free to do so.

Remember that many studios are taking this kind of approach because most are like you: close their eyes and accept anything they throw.

>i kinda don't care. it will be more f2p weekends and more people will buy it
Do you work on SLS? Seems you do agree that they pushed release in order to grab more money but don't care about it.

>i literally just made tldr from their post
No, maybe you gave your own interpretation. At no point I see them stating what you said.

>They changed their plans, that's it.
Without a plausible reason, did you read my post? I'll quote it for you, just in case:
>The game has been in EA since September, they had CBT already, if they didn't manage to polish things at this point that's not a good sign

>its another "lets make a general just to talk shit about a dead game" general

yawn

>Do you work on SLS? Seems you do agree that they pushed release in order to grab more money but don't care about it.
What is the point of releasing the game in current state when people can't stick to it? They just admitted that they need to do more work to hook F2P players .
>huge success
>"No, maybe you gave your own interpretation. At no point I see them stating what you said."
>need more time
>scaling up the team
>need to improve before f2p release
everything checks out
>Without a plausible reason
Their post explains why they changed the date.
F2P players won't stick to the game, because they have no buyer's remorse whatsoever.They need to be hooked.
May be they'll try it, if they won't like it, they drop it.

>yawn
you are yawn motherfucker.
If you want to talk about something game related - do it

ofc it will be thorn
twitter.com/ziggylito/status/804335715723120640

>Christmas tree Thorn

SLS is too cliche for it to be anyone except Thorn

So who else is going back to BLC?

No one will, not even the people that say they will. Not for any length of time that means anything.

Let it rest, user.

with this and the closeup of poloma's ult at the end of the newest trailer i have no doubt it's thorn, or whatever bastardization of thorn they put out

Tried the game and got bored within a day. Battlerite feels like team fighting in Dota, which I do enjoy, but when that's all the game is it loses its luster after a few rounds it's missing objectives to fight over and time management decisions that I like in Dota.

>it's another G13 and a placement player against two G12s episode

I don't even know why I play alone anymore. Because I'm usually the highest graded person in my region playing standard, it's always going to give me the new player against G11s/12s, so it's always a shit match for everyone involved.

I would rather sit in queue forever than be placed into that shitshow. How the game thinks that's a balanced match after less than a minute of queueing is beyond me.

>>it's another G13 and a placement player
Holy shit, can that thing actually happen?
I've been lucky so far then.

DED