QTDDTOT

the special "pump and dump yourself to riches" edition

ITT: we post questions that seem simple enough to answer without dedicating an entirely new thread to it. i'll get us started with what seems like an easy one that i, for whatever reason, just can't figure out.

THE QUESTION: how do you take a profit on predictit?

i want to take profit on a buy position i have, but i can't figure out if i just click the sell amount it shows OR if i wait until i see a number appear below "sell offers" and then click that (right now it shows i have 0 sell offers).

please advise ASAP.

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com/
bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf
www38.zippyshare.com/v/33j2c0vP/file.html
codingbat.com/java
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this the correct board to ask home buying questions?

Sure.

best books to learn trading?

Specifically stocks, options, short selling, and day trading

I have 90% of my portfolio in various long-term ETFs and stocks, diversified as much as possible, so I can use the other 10% for trading Is the 10% rule the best policy?

I am staying in the UK next year and have the option to pay my rent or parts of it when I want to. I am from Norway.

The GBP is rising short term. Should I cash in on a relatively low Pound, or should I wait the rise out?

After reading this sub I bought $300 worth of Trumpcoins from a website, now I can't login anymore. Have I been fucked over?

Do you use your real identity for robinhood (or other financial services)?

Look up Ben Graham

I've read him for investing, but I want to learn trading

Or are the concepts of value investing transferable?

bump for help

Ive been studying forex let me try to see if I can get it straight enough to articulate correctly and an example without crossing the concepts or reversing the logic.
Lets say for example you owe 30000GBP in rent and the GBPNOK exchange rate is 10.6
so you would be selling 318000NOK to buy 30000GBP which is the same thing as 3 mini lot long position in this currency pair and each pip would be valued about 0.28GBP.
a few weeks ago GBPNOK was about 10.0 so since its gone up about 6200 pips your rent got about 1700GBP more.
if GBPNOK went down about 108 big figures back to where it was around the beginning of October your rent would be about 3000GBP less.

I so I took up a file monkey job and their system was pretty archaic
I didnt know how to use python, but I knew the system was simple enough that I could try
So basically, I cut my work day in half
So do I tell my manager and try to get some sort of raise or use that extra time to try to make more money on my own on company time

Filthy spic here whose ancient middle eastern genes have flared up aesthetically. Evert transfer student from Europe says I look like an Emirates prince. How do I use this to my advantage?

What do I need to do to start trading cryptos?

No. You'll get more work to do in a company like that. Spend the free time looking for a better job.

On IG doing demo spread betting to see how I do, when the fuck do the markets open? Does everything close for saturday?

Yes

When it shows the value of gold since like 2000 on a graph, are the values from 2000 inflation adjusted?

Question for brits.
I'm offered a job in Croydon with salary of 40k GBP per year ( its 2500 GBP per month net).
Can I live with it? I know rent is about 1200 GBP?

Background:
>29
>recently unemployed
>no car, live at home (pay rent)
>not much savings ($400)
>best I ever made was $10/hr

Question simply is what would you do in my shoes?

>can I live on 40k?

Are you autistic? that's pretty good. Above average fo sho

find new job first and foremost
seeing you have no savings and pay rent
grand scheme your options are going to school, learning a trade, or entrepreneurship, which can be expanded after you choose a path

jack off to traps and watch anime

Thanks for the replies, gents. Your answers represent the duality of man.

CS student here, what to do in free time to make some money, using the POWERFUL ABILITY OF
>coding
I'm feeling like a meme

Hypothetically, if you already have a very good paying job right out of college and you've been making great lengths to pay off all your loans, but an opportunity comes along while you're halfway through being debt free of a job that you might actually enjoy, but pays only about half of what your current job pays, would you take it, or would you keep the job that can actually get your out of debt?

Regular charts usually arent inflation adjusted unless they are specifically are for inflation adjusted.

Question: Why does everyone I talk to seem to hate accounting? Why do people have such a distorted view? If you can use a calculator you can do accounting. If you have fingers or toes to count you can do accounting. Mostly liberals give me the salty looks when I mention my major. Are numbers inherently evil to retarded people?

how to drive traffic / customers to my little website where i sell a clothing line?
pay for ads? im not good on social media at all
I dont even know how to mail a stamp

>buy position

>Start a Youtube channel where you review video games in character as a Emirates Sheikh, complete with hitting your disobedient cheetah off screen and explaining the reason you're in a sling is because you flipped your Lamborghini
>Dinner Theater
Find gullible anons and scam them
>"I have a secret to tell you, about that, yes I am an Emirates Prince. I was actually sent here by my father, to start up a business, actually since I like you I'll let you be an investor. "

Depends on how long I expect to be in that job for, stability of the company, chances for promotion etc.
On the one hand I double the length of the debt hanging over me.
On the other hand, what am I saving up for - this IS the job I enjoy.

I believe it's because Western Education is very logocentric. And some people would benefit better from learning Mathematics visually or melodically. But instead they're given these weird symbols on a sheet of paper and told to use the same technique a thousand times to create some completely meaningless numbers.

You're not given an object to touch to see that the Hypotenuse is in fact the same length as the other sides for example.

And I think that stigma towards maths comes back around to accounting. Couple that with the fact that most people think of Taxes when they think of accounting, so it's a reminder that you sucked in High School at a subject, and that the state is going to take money away from you unless you adhere to their abstract little laws.

Demographic? Price Range? Color Scheme.
I dunno: post comments on relevant Instagrams, run an instagram that shows your stock, put up ads targeted to your demographic on Google Ads and Facebook. Trawl fashion boards/subreddits and comment on threads where they discuss designers or trends that match you clothing line.

Go where your customers are!

which memes I should invest for the best returns?

What are some good things to get into flipping?

I've heard getting good at repairing one type of car is a good idea (so you can do it efficiently). I was thinking old VWs.

I ask because awhile ago I tried to buy a few cheapo thinkpads and I've had a hard time competing with the dirt cheap chinkpad eBay market. I'm ok with repairs and thought it might be fun.

Maybe it'd be better to jsut put my money into something else? Stocks? Certificate of Deposit? Idk

You seem smart, maybe you can help me.

I've been thinking about starting an online clothing shop, I know a lot about economics and marketing.. but I have no idea how to find and contact suppliers.

Got any good advice or possible suppliers i can contact?

From China with love:

alibaba.com/

You tha man! thanks this will get me a better idea of it all!

1200? Maybe in London. Depends on your standard of living.

Flattery will get you everywhere. However fashion, I really only understand the design process not much about the retail.
What's your niche?

> but I have no idea how to find and contact suppliers.
If you want cheap shit and essentials has got you covered. But that's a highly competitive market and I think that branding and paying a really REALLY good web dev and graphic design team and carefully curating your stock is the only way to get ahead.

>You want a website where you can easily update the inventory/product pages but also make the journey from coming to the website, to buying a product super smooth and easy. The less time your customer has to think about if they really need that neon pink polo-top, the more likely they will complete the sale.

You want good, flattering photos. A nice color scheme. And careful selection of stock so it's all on-brand and adapts to whatever fads or interests your customer niche has.

Agree with you 100%

I am currently thinking about a clothing Webstore for 16-24 year old Danish Students, i am well informed so i really only needed a way to find suppliers :-)

If i may ask, what do you work with? You got a company or something like that?

Hey Veeky Forums. I am looking to get into investing, but I'm not sure what to invest in. It's only recently been brought to my attention, and it interests me because while I live a comfortable life, I'd like to make more. At the end of the month, I have a little over $1,500 in disposable income. What would be the best course of action? Paying a one time sum and building off of the profit from that? Or continuously pumping money in over time? Anyone have any stories they'd care to share about when they started out? Or about their current ventures? It would be very much appreciated.

how does one go from a waiter to investment banker
every entry job i apply to won't even bother to respond
and i'm aiming low; bank teller positions don't even want me

Should I read this?
bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2014/qb14q1prereleasemoneycreation.pdf

Which site has live gold prices for 1 gram of gold. I keep going to JM bullion, goldcalc, pennmetals, but all the prices are either $38.14 or $39.44 or $40.

What is the most accurate one out there? Like when I pull out my phone I want to go on the website and see the exact price.

Timing matters more than experience in a lot of cases. Reapply, call to verify the application got through, etc.

What are the most basic programming skills needed to land a job?

Would you need a meme qualification from community college or open university? Would employers be satisfied if you uploaded a bunch of your work to github proving you understand a language? What are the most marketable skills and what sort of level would you have to get to?

22 year old neet with no valuable skills besides insane dedication and disregard for own life. I like making music and the idea of selling myself as a brand through social media manipulation.

What should I do to "make it"

So, I've never used BTC before, but at the recommendation of a friend, I've thought about using [spoiler]Backpage[/spoiler] to order services

I've only used cash and debit, so, I don't know the first thing about btc, besides that it's a little shady.
How do I get started?

The price of 1 ounce of gold now is $1218, do some people have gold as a stock? How does it work? Is there a stock just for gold that is $1218? pls help, do you own gold unless you actually have it physically?

I believe you invest in gold mining companies. $IAU and $GLD. If you want to buy physical gold, then go buy bullion's.

do you need a wallet for every kind of coin you own? or can you keep them on a site, please spare the time and try to break it down for me.

Should I go to uni or start a trade? I'm interested in construction so either become a builder or go to uni for construction management. The construction management bachelor lets you do distance learning in the third year while working full time. I'm leaning towards the latter right now.

Can't really help you with that market, don't know anything about it.
I only know about fashion design - not selling, I studied it breifly and know a lot of women who have studied it.
Good luck though!

Invest in an industry whose buisness models your understand. Preferably an industry you work in because then you'll have all the gos and read the industry rags.

have you considered entering sideways through customer service or an IT role? Banks have lots of different departments and there is a possibility you coul dwave your way horizontally into the investment part.

>22 year old neet with no valuable skills besides insane dedication and disregard for own life. I like making music and the idea of selling myself as a brand through social media manipulation.

Assuming you want to work in content such as music, video etc.
1. Identify your skills or personal insights. (If you don't have any, acquire some)
2. Find an audience
3. Find out how to reach that audience: where they go out for fun, what websites they visit, which bars/clubs/stores/cafes/libaries?
4. Find out pointless crap this audience buys
5. Pander to said audience, put yourself in all the places in point 3.

If you want maximum security then keep a wallet for each coin. There are some online wallets that let you keep in multiple cryptos but you have to trust them

the first thing you should do is trying to make more money than 10 bux an hour. make youself a plan that will work, like buying boxes of old magic trading cards and resell them single. if you can manage the profit to be higher than 10 bux an hour, you can talk yourself out of an hero.

if you want to go the grown up way, you can always start in the house evictions and Private Relocation business. just hang up your flyer on local blackboards, design a free website and get a domain. start calling people to get some aquisitions. and boom. all you need are some Mexicans and a few trucks. just thorw the shit away they dont want anymore, and charge more money than you pay for mexicans and the "throwing away part". sell all the usefull items to antique stores or at the local fleemarket/yardsale.
i dont know how it is in teh land of teh free, but here in switzerland we charge around 15k to empty a 3 storie private home. it usually is enough to pay the wagecux, the dumpside and get some profit.

Start expanding area by area until you have a share in your state market. then go national or go home!!!

die proud of yourself

Do firms award salaries with tax in mind? Thinking about the tax system in the UK, 20% up to 43,000 and 40% for 43,001 and up. Someone earning 42k gets £33.6k after tax while someone earning 45k gets £27k. Seems fucked up.

marginal tax brackets

GUYS I'VE FOUND A NEW WAY TO MAKE SOME MONEY!

I got the solution to all of our Problems !

I've found a website where you get 120% of your investment back in a few days, you can reinvest the money and get up high pretty fast. > NO Risk, Perfect Investment 5$-100$, NO Scam<

U're buying Ads there and theyre getting clicked by other users, while making money for you!
The full description is on my little E-Book: [hide] www38.zippyshare.com/v/33j2c0vP/file.html [/hide]

Take a look into the book and start making money by yourself ;) I'm sure u will thank me later !

Best Regards

clothing supplier here. Have a factory that can make any design you want, as well as get our stuff as well. Maybe not as cheap as china in terms of production, but we are in Eastern Europe so it is still quite cheap.

do you have any contact info?

gimme a sec ill make a throwaway account now

bizanon366 at gmail

where are you situated in Eastern Europe exactly?

Lithuania

just sent you an email, let's chat over.

got it

can a poor man get in on this clothing shit

is it worth opening a business in africa or india if my business will have a monopoly and im willing to stay there and deal with the bullshit that comes with dealing in these countries, i have 50k, thinking of luxury/high end consumable goods import or packaging plant. have alot of inroads in high end goods, and in africa and india, to get business started and stay somewhat protected and i source for a good bank manager who will give considerable loans if business seems viable.
has anyone here ran a business in a developing country?

I'm retarded can someone explain to me how mortgage repayments work.

>"Paying back a £150,000 repayment mortgage at 4.5 per cent over 25 years will cost £250,000 in total."

Why is the total cost of the mortgage so high, what is the 4.5% interest on exactly?

You pay a premium each month or biannually however the contract goes on the terms that you're allowed to elongate your principal payment, essentially, they're cucking you for 25 years.

Its so high because you pay interest, if you don't meet the payments of interest each months it just keeps adding up.

not that bad, buy in an area thatll go up in value ,do some home improvement and sell in 5 years.
if you pick the right area might can make 50k off of 200k purchase, perhaps more.
then on the next property repeat but you have a much smaller mortgage.

also 25 years ago P150k would buy you a fucking lot more then it would now, this will continue to the future.

Compound interest. Google it. It's hard to survive without this basic understanding of economics

sorry for good england

Experience is the only true thing that matters. With that said, it is easier to get in with a degree, however without you need to show your code. Get your stuff on github, find a startup (university entrepreneurs are great, will pay you to make stuff for them), all of that goes to experience. Put it all on your resume, then apply to your tech job, and try to assure them that you know your shit and that you can learn fast.

Also, if you want, go to those coding boot camps. Newer (especially web companies) like seeing that.

poorman here, I'm going to try to go on such a venture, I'll be selling on an e commerce site, and try to market to spoiled brats.

freelancering

What does it mean if a company has 750k in revenue but only 2 employees?

What is your opinion on bitcoin mining? Is it worth it?

Most likely money laundering.

Not anymore no. Especially not if you live in a Western country with high electricity bills and don't have a shitton of money for buying and storing a huge collection of miners.

I disagree with your math stance desu. The beauty in math comes from the fact it's abstract and thus can be applied to many different subjects. Trying to hide this core identity is a disservice to people who actually enjoy this.

There are many fields of math that are almost exclusively visual (topology being the prime example). The problem with teaching most of these in highschool is that you need the basics of algebra and calculus to understand them. A.k.a. highschool math.

Hell, to go even further, if you don't see how incredibly visual even something like highschool calculus is, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe math just isn't for that person, regardless of how you try to teach them.

Seriously question here, I am in the market for some kneepads, where do I get them

Do you mean you have 1.5k every month or in total at the end of this month?

If it's the latter, then my advice is to focus on saving it. You always need a bit of a cash reserve for unexpected circumstances and 1.5k isn't even that much of a reserve. Plus, you have to take broker fees into consideration. They don't matter as much if you're investing huge sums of money, but on tiny amounts they can be pretty horrific.

If it's the latter, I'd put like 500-to-1k away for index fonds every month depending on your lifestyle (how much of your "disposable income" you can actually miss) and how big your cash reserve is.

Depends what you're in. I need to understand Jenkins, Groovy, Chef, Puppet, Maven, but most developers never see that (I do deployment).

Start with Java and Python.

codingbat.com/java

The most important part is making sure you work on a side project while you take lessons. The basic shit they make you do and throw away is meaningless, you need to apply it to your desires or you'll never be interested enough to truly learn.

500 in cash savings, 500 invested, 500 for the good life

Not sure where else to ask this and google brings up nothing.

On my credit card I was charged twice for "Insurance DCSingLifeDisIU", one time for $0.13 and right after that for $0.56

Any idea what it could be? Should I call my bank and ask?

no dont call over less then a dollar how inconsiderate can you get.
the banks gotta pay the person on the phone thats just so wasteful, why do you feel so entitled. it will cost them more then what youve lost.

Hello Veeky Forums.

I recently was fired from my job. Before you berate me for being a piece of shit, I recognize the error of my actions and I want to move forward.

I worked at a gas station and got fired for stealing a pack of cigarettes. Yes, I know how retarded it is, but I was underage and desperate at the time. Now that I am seeking new employment, how can I go about getting a new job when I list my old job and they call them up asking about me? The owner didn't press charges but at the same time this is as much of a black mark as charges would've been. I've already respectfully asked the man to not kill any possibility of getting another job by telling them about it but there is no guarantee he won't do it.

Academy

you could put the reason you were fired down on the application under "reason you left."

just a thought. They'd probably rather hear it from you.

lol

> Plz hire me, I steal cigarettes

he would have better options if he had beat down a rude costumer
Theft is poison in most industries

No shit

Why do you think im trying to unfuck the situation in any way possible

say you haven't had a job before.

What are your thoughts on forex?

You totally didn't read what I said: you're speaking about your particular experience. And that's fine, I didn't say it never works, or it doesn't work often - you're proof it can. I said the reason (I suspect anyway) a stigma exists against accounting is a combination of negative associations with taxes and the fact that the current methods of pen-and-paper/verbocentric teaching of mathematics doesn't work for a large swaths of the population.

Education must never be universal, it should use different methods to get you to the same goal, the same education, but tailored to the broad differences in learning styles. If you believe in the theory of multiple-intelligences then you only need 6 broad methods

First biz book I wrote was Rich Dad Poor Dad. What book should I read next for investing? I was thinking The intelligent investor but have heard mixed reviews about how useful it is for babbies first investment

*read
woops.

I'm not too crash hot on Rich Dad Poor Dad. So tell me: what knowledge do you want out of biz books?

Do you want to know how to invest? If so: in forex, stocks, or what? Or do you want to start your own business? ascend the corporate ladder? navigate workplace conflicts and dynamics?