>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News

Wood Elves Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Last Thread:
Don't forget to pick up the Jade and Grey wizard free DLCs.

Only pick Durthu, fuck the goatman. Fuck the knife-ears. It's a woody world from here on out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6VoLCF_AjA
poal.me/r44psf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Morghur replacing Khazrak as the leading LL when?

FIRST FOR RAPE THE ELVES

>start the wood elves campaign
>pick the angry tree man
>Orion takes out some Beastmen near the Oak of Ages and advisor tells me that something's wrong with the forest

>decide to march north to Bretonnian lands
>if something's wrong with the forest it must be the manlings' fault right?
>REEE GET OUT OF MY FOREST MANLINGS

Am I doing this right?

>tfw Grace actually does love memes

>Gobbo archers

Rape elves and take it easy

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

The novels paint Archaon's story a bit better.
He just wants to be a faithful Sigmarite but fate keeps pulling him towards Chaos. He does everything he can(including suicide) to turn away from Chaos but Chaos holds on.

Suspecting himself to be fated to be the prophesied Everchosen, he tracks down the prophesy to try and avert it. Which takes him to the holiest place of Sigmar in the world. While there he begs Sigmar to save his soul, or at least strike him down that he may not eventually sucumb to Chaos(up until this point he has literally done no wrong).

But Sigmar is a cuck who can't do shit so Archaon goes full fedora.

He continues to hate Chaos, his gameplan is to use their power and fulfill the prophecy of ending the world, except at the last moment when he's supposed to hand it over to the Chaos Gods, he wants to crash the plane with no survivors.
If there are no people or gods there are no people to be fucked with by gods is his creed.

He basically succeeds as well, until the ultimate coward-villain of the setting: Sigmar, who leeches off Archaon's hard work and remakes the world into his fapfiction abomination.

Seriously I spit on fucking Sigmar. Ruined based Karl. The lowliest of his faithful are superior to him.
Sigmar is beneath even Karak Norn.

we knew they were going to be trash the moment we saw their Goblin-tier stats.

Not really worth bothering with them until the Stat Mods fix them.

friendly reminder that wood elves are probably the worst faction ever released for campaigning.

Thanks for thinking of doing so buddy. Sorry to waste your time. I'm heading off myself.

And fuck. I accidentally copied the edition shit.
I hate edition posting. /ksg/ trend-setting.

OP of that other thread, it's all good atleast someone made it right?

>army of dryads, tree kin and glade guard with starfire shafts, lead by Durthu
>see Skarsnik with an army of only gobbo spears
>attack
>every single unit in my army save Durthu can't hold their own against gobbo spears
>lose 90% of army with Durthu killing most of the goblins
>quit game
let me know when they've made the elves not-trash

All I play is single player. I haven't downloaded Welfs yet. How disappointed am I going to be from a fun standpoint?

>Sigmar, who leeches off Archaon's hard work and remakes the world into his fapfiction abomination.

Not canon. It's unfair to shit on Sigmar for that shit

Make sure not to cut yourself, that edge is sharp.

Straight to suicide watch.

>decide to pick treebeard wood elve faction
>open up diplomacy screen, click on other factions
>elves hate me, bretonnians are disgusted at me, im at war with dwarves

fuck it, kill em all.

>Tfw no ratmen yet

What do you mean?

Who else experiencing crash on startup?

I've already updated and tried everything.

(offline mode overlay off, cach registry)

Yeah that's right. I'm just bitching at myself about the edition garbage.
Have a good one, enjoy wood elves if you picked them up.

Wasn't there something about the world ending being partly Mannlet Von Carsteins fault?

Got any tips on playing Durthu in the mini campaign?

I keep fucking up, starting over a third time now

I haven't been paying attention, are the new Empire Wizards out yet?

But user, they already did, they are a different faction called LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE

How does it feel that Skaven were originally going to be a DLC for the base game, but because of the massive success of the base game and the Call of the Beastmen CA got a huge boost to their budget and so they decided to move all their Skaven assets to the expansion, so they will be released as late as July 2017 instead of Winter 2017?

Pretty good actually now that you say that. It means they will be more fleshed out and way better implemented

He backstabed gold boy when he and his gang of wind infused nerds where unfucking the world, the lack of blingman caused a massive fuck up not seen since the day of Manlet's birth.

The alliance quite literally had one shot at defeating chaos at Middenheim, but Manlet decided 'ah fuck it' and they lost like what, 3 incarnates in one moment?

>so they will be released as late as July 2017 instead of Winter 2017?

they're bringing them forward?

I guess not. Still reasonable to hold him accountable for the creation of Archaon and turning based Karl into a Deus Ex Machina blob.

Yeah, the good lads have a plan to stop Archaon but Mannlet shanks Balthazar for caging up Sylvania earlier on and driving Mannlet to waking up Nagash, thus to be enslaved by Nagash.
Everything fucks up and Archaon's world ending is about to finish but Sigmar jumps in at the last second(very conveniently) and makes [open to interpretation]/Age of Sigmar happen.

Feels superb. Skaven NEED the full world to be laid out before they arrive to be as dramatic as they should be.

But the expansion is coming out next Winter, user.

/twg/ I invite you to take a look at the tab on the right and at the turn.

Terrible public order at the start, your clearest target of expansion would be carcassone since you already start at war, and you want a path from your capital to the water to get dem trade routes, but he will just stay inside his capital and never come out, good luck if you want to try your luck in a standoff between 35-40 bret units and your paper thin armored elves.

Sounds pretty based.
Tree them the fuck up.

AHHHHHH ATHEL LOREN

Seems about right.

god fucking damnit elves are broken on release.

why would CA make them such utter trash?

truly a neet faction with no friends

>not making it a welf edition

what's the fucking point you knob

who do i kill as wood elves? all the other elves have huge ass fucking garrisons

The Red Duke looks cool as fuck. Can't wait to unlock him and Mousillon.
youtube.com/watch?v=k6VoLCF_AjA

It is now December

poal.me/r44psf

Kill yourself. Alternatively, make it yourself next time my dude. We were like seventy posts past the bump limit.

In retrospec I'm glad I won't be able to play Elves until Sunday evening.

at that point there'll be mods out that fix their stats and make their high tier units actual elites instead of shitty compromise gobbos.

Not touching them until then either because I won't stain my first memory of them with this ridiculous bullshit.

>century old warriors
>outskilled by week old gobbos
suck my dick CA

They weren't kidding when they said Durthu would be hard

>custom and multiplayer battles only
WHAT
IS
THE
FUCKING
POINT

Adding flavor to minor factions and a little variety to multiplayer.

To be fair the century old warriors are hippie faggots and gobbos are the world's second most successful race.

2bh the elves sucking doesn't really matter to me since just having them in the game makes the map feel more complete

Also Morghur

So it's shit huh.
I bought it.
16€.

NEVER AGAIN NEVER FUCKING AGAIN
FUCK YOU FUUUCK YOU CA

Wow these legendary elf archers are truly the most skilled archers in the old world and not outclasses by peasants at all.

>elffags are this mad about getting their just deserts

>Morghur shouts "Malagor" when you hover over him in the campaign selection screen
>Harpies have bugged animations

Just desserts* my friend. The Tomb Kings are not here yet.

>turn 8 Welf minicampaign
>3 warherds spawn outside Oak of Ages
>Not even close to it
>lose

CA...

oh boy, if w elves are this bad, can't wait for my beloved TK to get butchered to oblivion with shitty as chariots, pathetic skelly archers that crumble against gobbo archers, weak ass constructs and 45 armor tomb guards.

Well they clearly are not op

what's even the point of single player?

CA wouldn't butcher Grace's favorite faction, user.

If Wood Elves are this bad, which I can't tell for myself yet; I'm sure they'll be addressed.
Balance will become harder and harder as more races are added as well. And it's not like the TT was particularly balanced either.

Kill yourself.

>hippie faggots

that meme needs to fucking die, there are no hippie faggots in warhammer, welfs are bloodthirsty hunters who go on genocidal killing sprees every year.
and many of them are centuries old warriors, not some weak ass pansies who can't even beat goblins in a 1:1 battle.

I don't really care about the stats in the long term because I don't play MP and mods will fix it no doubt, but it sets a precedent for all factions that aren't chaos and especially elves, which will mean all elf infantry will be goblin tier from now on at launch.

and I'd understand if maybe their melee infantry wasn't the best, but their archers, monsters and tree people are fucking trash too.

the only unit even remotely adequate are the Treemen.

>61 turns
>still only have 2 territories because the decent units are priced like elites but their stats are usually worse than trash like basic spearmen
I know it can be hard to balance but what the fuck is this garbage

they butchered Joeys favourite faction. Who is way above Grace in CA.

>all elf halls have huge garrisons
>oak of ages has a few archers, a tree, and dryads

Holy shit SurrealBeliefs is fucking handsome

it's not like it's the single most important location in the world for all wood elves and forest spirits lmao

>its a charging your wild riders into the enemy elf lord's glade guard battle

fucking orgasmic

Mods when

>Joeys favourite faction
Well, to be fair, they had it coming.

THEY FOOLED US WITH THIS SHITTY NEETS FACTION

so how the fuck does the 360 firing arc actually work?

more like worst elves amirite

like horse archers

V E R Y
N A I S U

These beastmen don't fuck around. I'm glad I've made allies that picked off some of the stacks.

Those legs look like shit, not to mention the bare feet.
Vampire-chan remains the best girl.

h-how do they work?

Welfs get damn nice terrain when attacking it seems though. Maybe it's from being near the Oak of Ages?

Can someone post the faction roll for DaC?

>9 archer units
At this point is it just BETTER to make armies entirely out of ranged and cavalry?

So about the Red Duke and moussilon, do you unlock that shit after the minicampaign or something?

>flavor to minor factions

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT

Yes, same as Toddler.

>Dl 4GB of the update
>pause dl ans stop pc
>came back 1 hour later
>Dl starts all over again for no fucking reason

Thank you Steam

they fire a half assed volley at chaos knights(lances and barding) while running away, harmlessly bouncing off heir 120 armour rating just seconds before your Waywatchers are 75% wiped out by the initial charge and are routed before you can even press the half game speed button.

You need some stuff to pin them, but the archers are probably the most decent affordable units you're gonna get early on.

Don't upgrade the oak of ages so soon.

Ease up on the warp-dust.

>what is the point of the actual game

>be CA
>delay elves until December
>they're still incomplete and buggy

Bravo

Just there as a little bonus, maybe fleshed out on a later date. You should be glad as this was never an official part of the dlc.

Most things in the game take a Chaos Knight charge that well though.

He's right my dude I think it's pretty obvious no one is talking about charlemagne

Literally 95% of this thread is going to be wood elf posting, so it follows yeah?

>todbringer's runefang now heals him if hes in melee combat

neat, maybe he will be worth bringing now