Is this the best <25k car in the last decade?

Prove me wrong

>6 speed manual only with race car suspension and summer tires to deter normalfags who just want to look sporty
>200bhp and 212lb-ft stock, safe up to ~300whp with just a turbo/intercooler/DP/RMM
>only 2700lbs despite having a full size spare and plenty of amenities
>hatchback practicality with comfy heated Recaros up front and actually usable rear seats
>reliable with almost zero widely-documented issues
>suspension tuned to oversteer from the factory, with torque vectoring to help rotate around tight corners
>13.6:1 steering ratio with near telepathic turn-in
>personality of a hyperactive puppy who wants to play
>dominating Rally America 2WD class with almost zero modifications
>extremely easy to drive fast, with approachable limits

Literally the only flaw it has is

>FWD

And brake dust

Other urls found in this thread:

pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-345-355-bhp-Power-Upgrade_16784.jsp
pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-225-bhp-Entry-Level-Power-Upgrade_16738.jsp
youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You forgot the #1 flaw of being a hideous hatchback

>only a turbo swap and full bolt ons for 300whp!

A bog stock 335i with a dci will spit that out

>Hatchback
>American
Found two flaws right away.

For 25k more.

ugly, fwd and sounds like crap

>
>For 25k more.

And where are you getting these Fiesta St mods and tunes for free?

>race car suspension
>solid rear axle

>safe up to ~300whp with just a turbo/intercooler/DP/RMM

That is an awful lot of work and expense to squeeze 300whp from a 1.6 4 pot. Plus it is front wheel drive, so will drive like shit once you do. They are good fun stock, but pushing for crazy power from a tiny engine is missing the point and a waste of money.

Why not just buy a better car to begin with?

hatchbacks are great fag

I bet you are a white american with a camaro
I bet your wife is dating a black guy too

get the fuck outta here with your "hatchbacks are ugly" nonsense

This, kind of.

It's better just to go intercooler + tune + RMM, which is fine for about +40hp/+50lb-ft on stock turbo. Exhaust and intake do nothing, gains from DP/CP aren't worth the price. After that, just good pads and tires.

Making a dyno queen out of one is missing the point, and a Cobalt SS or Mazdaspeed3 would be better for BOOOOOOOOOST

Frs is better in ever way unless you need four doors

ST is faster than an FR-S stock and up to maybe 5k worth of mods. Also has more standard features for a lower price. Insurance is lower too.

Not that I dislike the FR-S, I probably would have gotten a BRZ instead of a FiST if I was given more financial incentives to buy it.

>hatchback
Post tits

That's exactly it, though. The Fiesta St is still practical enough to be your single daily driver and do whatever you need it to do.

The Fiesta St ultimately isn't as good as the gt86 twins when it comes to overall driving dynamics. Hell you can spend an extra 3000 or so to add an electric turbo to the frs to make it faster and with more torque, but it will never be quite as convenient.

I sure have a lot of fun with mine, not sure about best ever but it was the best car for what I was looking for

Probably the RX-8. The 2009+ model ones that fixed the flooding and many other reliability issues. I wouldn't touch the older ones.

It was $26.7k new, but it was easy to get one off the lot for under 25k even with some options.

It was the perfect size inside and out. 250hp with a chip was good enough, though getting anything more out of tuning was difficult.
Gas mileage wasn't great, but only 10-20% less than most comparable performing cars, many of which were just 2 seaters.
At its time it was the stiffest chassis you could get in a car. Stiffer than all the two doors, despite having 4 doors.
Amazing, responsive handling.

Only downside was the depreciation, but that means you can now get one of the best cars of the past 10 years for around $15k.

Seems to be a trend among new hot hatches. The new civic type R has a solid rear axle too. Apparently it's not that bad, and double wishbone rear suspension is kind of overkill for a FF

It's not a big deal at all in a FWD car where you're giving light breaking into turn in, and lifting the outside rear wheel off the ground. And obviously those wheels aren't putting out power.

It's awful in a RW car, though.

>take a quick look on CL
>nearly every RX8 is listed as 2004 model
What gives?

Those are the lemon ones that people want to get rid of, is probably a lot of it. And it sold a lot in its first year.

People with 2009+ ones don't want to sell them. those are the good ones.

And even 2006-2008 is decent if you fix a few issues on them and they had their recall services done.

>only 2700lbs

Well my Celica is 2500lbs with a 189hp engine. Naturally aspirated, so its much stronger than the ecobox 1.6 with a hairdryer.

Fuck off with your shilling.

What made '04s lemons and how hard is it to fix them?

but turbos are more fun than NA

>Celica
Chickmobile

>I bet your wife is dating a black guy too
Typical americuck injecting his mentally ill delusions onto other people

Peasant.

>projecting projection
Cuck spotted

Not always. Turbo lag can suck dick. Luckily, the Fiesta ST is the kind of turbo that is fun. Hardly any lag, gives you a good kick in the pants, holds boost. Just wish it pulled as hard at top as it does in the middle.

>Projecting projected projection
Cuckold confirmed

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Clio 4
Clio 3 and 3.5 is nicer

Impossible I think? They were missing some oil injectors.
Another issue was spark plugs and ECU, but those were easy fixes.

Literally kys. Hatchbacks are for liberals.

>rear torsion bars
>race car suspension
My sides

But yeah, we all know the FiST is a great car

It's a great jack of all trades really.

You forgot another flaw.

It has 4 doors.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK FAGGOT

not in yurop

But then it has another problem

I have lived with a coupe before and I will never, ever, do it again as my only car. Shit is fucking useless, I don't care how good it looks.

>metal toothpicks for conrods

>189hp

With all 90 ft lbs of torque.

Fuck you.
I don't want to move to Europe.

DHM's Fiesta has stock internals and currently puts out 375whp. I can't see why anyone would want more.

Their last one cracked a piston crown at 425whp. Conrods were not the first thing to go.

oh yes... it repells fagot racerbois too

what is torsion beam?

If you genuinely think a bone stock 1.6 4 pot Ford engine can reliably produce 375bhp you are deluded.

1.6 engine has some important forged internals in the ST model. While I wouldn't push 375bhp, 300bhp has been reliably maintained without supporting work since the car came out.

300/300 is the magic number for the FiST

>Driving anything less than 6L
Kek

Car+Truck = Cuck

It's a ute. Fuckin seppos.

No, this is.

All accounts of journofaggots is the FiST is better, but they don't have to daily it and I'm all for the larger FoST option. Tracking isn't our life.

I like mine, it's pretty good, but it'll always be a compromise.

Doesn't mean it's not fun, or I don't enjoy driving it every day.

Enjoy your harnesses eating themselves as they degrade, causing you to stall out in the middle of driving

Total nonsense.

>6 speed manual only with race car suspension and summer tires to deter normalfags who just want to look sporty
This is not a rarity
>200bhp and 212lb-ft stock, safe up to ~300whp with just a turbo/intercooler/DP/RMM
200bhp stock? wow I bet it's like a Ferrari, 300bhp and FWD? I can't see any issues there
>only 2700lbs despite having a full size spare and plenty of amenities
They have literally fuck all and 2700lbs isn't really that light
>hatchback practicality with comfy heated Recaros up front and actually usable rear seats
If you think two doors and a microscopic boot are practical you should kill yourself
>reliable with almost zero widely-documented issues
Yes other than the million cases of them being stolen without the key
>suspension tuned to oversteer from the factory, with torque vectoring to help rotate around tight corners
Complete bullshit, the car getting oversteer as a result of aggressive driving and weight trasfer does not mean it was set up to do so
>13.6:1 steering ratio with near telepathic turn-in
Who cares
>personality of a hyperactive puppy who wants to play
Personality of a broomstick, boring as shit
>dominating Rally America 2WD class with almost zero modifications
I don't care for benchracing
>extremely easy to drive fast, with approachable limits
Proves it's a normie car

Literal shit tier garbage.

This is potentially the most deluded post I've ever seen on this site.

What is this? Early 90s Mercedes?

The FiST is great fun. I've enjoyed owning my since February.

pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-345-355-bhp-Power-Upgrade_16784.jsp

I'd personally go for something like:
pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-225-bhp-Entry-Level-Power-Upgrade_16738.jsp + quaife LSD

speed manual only with race car suspension and summer tires to deter normalfags who just want to look sporty
>This is not a rarity
But it is, less than 3% of cars in the us come equipped with manual trans, even less with a 6 speed and sporty suspension and tires

bhp and 212lb-ft stock, safe up to ~300whp with just a turbo/intercooler/DP/RMM
>200bhp stock? wow I bet it's like a Ferrari, 300bhp and FWD? I can't see any issues there
this is not bad for a $25,000 sports car

>>only 2700lbs despite having a full size spare and plenty of amenities
>They have literally fuck all and 2700lbs isn't really that light
It is for 2016

>>hatchback practicality with comfy heated Recaros up front and actually usable rear seats
>If you think two doors and a microscopic boot are practical you should kill yourself
they're 4 door retard

>>reliable with almost zero widely-documented issues
>Yes other than the million cases of them being stolen without the key
million cases, there haven't even been a million cars sold

>>suspension tuned to oversteer from the factory, with torque vectoring to help rotate around tight corners
>Complete bullshit, the car getting oversteer as a result of aggressive driving and weight trasfer does not mean it was set up to do so
ok but Ford actually did tune the car to handle neutrally with some oversteer, look it up

.6:1 steering ratio with near telepathic turn-in
>Who cares
A lot of people lol. Slow steering can ruin a car

>>personality of a hyperactive puppy who wants to play
>Personality of a broomstick, boring as shit
you haven't driven one, so how would you know

>>dominating Rally America 2WD class with almost zero modifications
>I don't care for benchracing
Did you seriously just say that a real-world sanctioned rally race is bench racing?

>>extremely easy to drive fast, with approachable limits
>Proves it's a normie car
That doesn't prove anything except that the stock tires can be improved for higher limits

used GT86.

Not really a benchracer, but 8:14 is good for a 25k car, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=uwPmkzZOhDI

Upgraded pads, rest is stock

>I've Never Driven One: The Post

Literally nothing you said is objective.

'16 FiST with intercooler, downpipe, intake, rmmm and tune making roughly 225whp/260ft-lbs est. Spent 26k + 1.5k for all new parts. Walking '15+ wrx/sti, bolton v6 domestics, and most other 2.0l turbo cars.
Had a '13 FoST, was quick but less driver feel than fist. Drove a 15 fost and it had the same problem plus ugly mudskipper front end.
>uncomfy to daily
Must have some soft hands then. Did you want a car to drive or did you want a mobile couch?
>flaws
its still a chicks car, and has a retard following, plus you're pretty dead in the water until turbo upgrade.Basically a fwd frs but quicker

This sounds like a fun car. Only $1500 for that big of a bump in power is not bad either, but like you said it gets a lot more expensive from there.