Are crossovers a meme...

Are crossovers a meme? I want something bigger than the hatchback I drive right now but nothing obnoxiously big like a SUV, seems like a crossover would be a good choice

don't get a cx3.
it's smaller than the 3.
i guess take a look at honderp hr-v.

I know, the picture is of the CX-5

Small crossovers are just lifted hatchbacks, larger ones are lifted wagons or minivans.
Hell, sometimes they're not even lifted at all, they don't have additional ground clearance, just seats that are placed higher up.

Just get a wagon user unless you need vertical load space.

Just get a wagon

Wagon

Now leave

Just wait for the new ones to come at shops...

The answer is always Subaru Outback.

I also need something that doesn't suck ass offroad

IMPUREZA
M
P
U
R
E
Z
A

Then don't get a Crossover unless it's a Subaru Outback or Crosstrek.

Would a crossover not be able to handle mud and snow?

This

Buy the new CX-5 so Mazda has the money to make the RX-9

So not a fwd crossover

No better than your average hatchback or wagon.

Objectively incorrect lol.

And why would that be? Most crossovers barely increase ride height, if at all, so they're literally just heavier, taller hatchbacks or wagons. All other things being equal (engine, transmission etc) they should handle bad conditions about the same.

That femanon feels "safer".

This.

Parents were looking at a V60 T5, then I explained why that was kinda dumb idea.

They now have a V60 T6 that they got for near enough the same price, people will pay out the ass for a slight lift and black cladding.

T5 Cross country*

At least Volvo's XCs get a slight lift, there's an S60 XC near me which has more ground clearance than the Outlander PHEVs on the same street.

The CX5 has way more clearance than the 3 tho desu senpai

I borrowing my Partent's outback while visiting this weekend. Slow, bloated turd

Any vehicle and handle mud and snow with good tires. Just get an acura tsx sportwagen and fuck off. AWD is unnecessary.

Wagon thread?

We have /ORG/ for this reason. (be careful, though as we are currently in shitpost mode).

The be all answer (that also leads to more questions) is that a lot of SUVs are the best possible offroaders / oberlanders. However, many modern (and a lot of old) SUVs are built for utility, towing, space, and luxury as opposed to how they initially started out (like a LUV).

You'll have to look at classes and individual examples of crossovers and hatches (and sometimes wagons) than just lumping them into the shape of the vehicle and judging them by that alone.

The ride height on the Cross Country are nice. I don't understand why the fuck they're $7000-$10,000 more expensive for a lift and black cladding, though.

Wouldn't it be both better and cheaper to buy a normal one and have a shop lift it a few inches?

The reason why people buy crossover/suv is because companies are slowly stoped producing minivans. most people who bought minivans in the past enjoy the high sitting position. comfi/feel safe also when you get older your kneed are not the same anymore. the problem with the wagon is that the height of the cabin is smaller than in suvĀ“s.

Imo it was because non offroading normalfags wanted the outdoorsy image but with mall parking friendly handling.

So this is where Toyota RIPPED off that grille styling

Then stop being a cuck and get a body on frame suv with 4x4