Hey Veeky Forums, I was looking for some advice. I am looking at a 2005 Toyota Prius for $1950...

Hey Veeky Forums, I was looking for some advice. I am looking at a 2005 Toyota Prius for $1950. It has some passenger damage and a missing mirror. It has a clean carfax, but the accident that it was in to lose the mirror was not on the report. It runs and is otherwise a clean looking car. What do ya'll think? Pic related, here is the damage.

Other urls found in this thread:

stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5888960809.html
stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5875224375.html
stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5885791479.html
stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5867542195.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882722271.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5844802517.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5874907978.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5885444876.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882694839.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5877015493.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882638227.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5889659283.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would give the seller shit for not having a valid accident report, get them to either fix the damage for you or lower the price considerably

Also if you want an early 2000s poorfag hybrid you should get an Insight instead

I planned on trying to talk them down on the mirror, but it's already $2000 below the market value and the repair will only be ~$50. I have been looking around for a car under $2500 and so far this is the best I have found. I haven't seen any Insight's for sale in my price range.

Do you need a hybrid?
The Prius is a rather soulless vehicle, and I would recommend you go with something different.

Just spend more on a nicer one faggot.

I am simply looking for the nicest vehicle under $2500, I had a '04 Pontiac Vibe that I loved, but I had to go and run it into the side of another car. I am only getting $2600 on the total loss. There has been nothing but garbage in the 500mi radius I have been looking in. The fuel economy is a big draw. I know I shouldn't expect anything great in that price range, but I would like something nice, less than 20 years old, and runs well.

Well played. I would do that if I had the money. Something something your a faggot something insulting reply something. Honestly, I don't want to take out a loan and just need a daily driver.

you can get a good non-crashed civic for 2500-3k.

I am going to bump the thread with the rest of my pics of the car.

Well, I have been looking, and I have found jack. People have been holding on to Civics and the prices I've seen have been have been $4k.

May I ask where you are located?
I can browse craigslist for you to find the best car in your pricerange.

Central Mo. I have been also looking in west texas since I have family in the area.

Thanks for the help everyone btw. Ya'll are alright.

What was the mileage on that Prius?

stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5888960809.html

stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5875224375.html

stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5885791479.html

stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5867542195.html

you should be able to talk all of these down around 500 bucks.

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882722271.html

I'll check them out, thank you!

If you want something actually fun in the price range, check this out:

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5844802517.html

Granted it will chug fuel quite fast, but it does have lower mileage than those civics.

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5874907978.html

This Integra is another fun car in the price range, and is actually pretty damn good on fuel.

The issues I forsee for you:
>Manual
>Modified, likely raced

That's true, but that's a pretty awesome car. I am a boring family dude, but it would nice to have something with some thump.

It doesn't get more boring family than this.

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5885444876.html

This car is cheaper than most other Impalas I see, but the giant red flag I can see is that it has very high mileage.

The only reason why I am showing you is that it APPEARS to be quite a bit nicer than the other cars in that price range.

Lol, ain't that the truth. I have been jumping on the good looking cars, only to find out it was too good to be true. I appriciate the help, I owe you a beer.

If you ever make the purchase, be sure to post it on Veeky Forums.

Just be ready to have it insulted to hell, as we are all autists here

Check rodge!

OP I would not buy that Prius. It's a ticking maintenance bomb that could cost a fortune to repair. Like having to replace the batteries. I've heard they only last ten years. It's 11 years old, almost 12.

columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882694839.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5877015493.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5882638227.html
columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5889659283.html

Here are my suggestionsj

that Civic would be a great pick up

I am going to check out the civic and the focus right now, thank ya'll so much.

Well, they sold the civic, but it also had a hole in the radiator, so might have been more trouble than it was worth. I'll keep following up on these leads guys, thanks!