I've been looking into convertible cars, and I thought I had settled on a 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth

I've been looking into convertible cars, and I thought I had settled on a 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth.

Recently, though, I saw a Pontiac Solstice, and I really liked the way it looks. Not to mention it would be 1/3 the price. The drawback is worse gas mileage, 6 higher than my 1998 truck in city, and the newest ones are almost a year away from being a decade old.

Has anyone here driven one, or both of these vehicles? Does the Solstice have anything on the Fiata Abarth?

Tl;dr: Pontiac Solstice Gxp vs 2017 Fiata Abarth

only thing the Solstice has is the price

Pontiac a shit
Why do you think they went under ?

It couldn't possibly be because they make a subpar product out of subpar parts and Market them to white trash faggets

Miata is always the answer
Is
Always
The
Answer

This, but not a piece of shit NA. ND or NB depending on whether you value speed/modernity or feels more

Pontiac a best

Pros and cons to owning a droptop?

Never been interested in them but i live in Ca where its sunny 90% of the year so could be fun.

Camaros with bodykits

wew

It's a convertible

>Drop top
You aren't a nigger are you?

I never liked how the older Miata looks like it's smiling at you

Pros: it's a fucking convertible
Cons: looks like shit with the top up, easy to break into, floppy and heavy if it's not on a roadster, poor insulation (leaking isn't really an issue)

Thankfully im not a nigger

>mfw

Okay maybe ill just stick with hardtops

If you're going to put a body kit on anything, you use the best platform available. Pontiac understood this.

the 124 abarth is alright at the moment but will be great in a year for two reasons
>more mature tuning scene
>much cheaper prices because fiat depreciation

just wait until next summer

don't you want to be a pioneer ?

nah, its 32k which is too expensive for what it is without a tune.
in a year it'll be like 24k going by normal fiat depreciation rates

new Fiats are all butt ugly

get the Pontiac. they are future collectibles

literal trash cars

just because it was the best platform they had doesn't mean they were good platforms

>they are future collectibles
your future is fantasy

The Abarth is pushing 22 psi stock, I wouldn't count on getting a lot more out of it without a bigger turbo. Which would be shit to drive since it will make about 80 hp off boost.

>Pontiac
>White people
I'm sorry, what?

>solstice

it's heavy

This. It weighs 500 to 700 pounds more than the Miata or Fiat. It's ridiculously heavy for how small it is.

Have you taken a look at the Saturn sky redline? Much better than the solstice imo

Why is the NC always ignored? I know it is slightly heavier, but it handles just as good as an ND

It's the same exact car as the solstice with different body panels, and still a heavy piece of shit.

>solstice/sky

If you're looking for a 2,800 lb roadster you'd be crazy to pick one of those over an S2000

Have you sat in a Fiata yet? They're made for manlets. Headroom is scarce.

>implying it wasn't cause GM wouldn't let them make a car worth a damn

Take one look at the gen 2 fiero and tell me it's shit

>Pontiac understood this
>not Pontiac was forced to do this

the 500 abarth does 230whp off just a tune and an intake

a stock NC is a bit wallowy but nothing that aftermarket suspension can't fix. a stock ND has quite a bit of body roll too but is quicker than a stock NC.

i found the ND more fun to drive than a NC but the price difference really isn't justified (for now at least) so i got an NC.

both are better than a NB btw