Educate me on the Foxbody Veeky Forums

Educate me on the Foxbody Veeky Forums.

Would 5k be enough to find a non-beat to shit, all stock, manual 5.0?

Im going to keep the car stock and cruise around the countryside in it on the weekends.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5867022658.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5857229922.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5858917802.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5862740856.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5872547827.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better off getting a SN95

Get a C4 Corvette instead

>Educate me

slow
cant turn
awful interior
awful economy

why would you even want a stock one

they arent worth 5K

Im not the biggest fan of the bodystyle.
Plus i like how compact the Foxbody is.

No

Still waiting for something educational

>Would 5k be enough to find a non-beat to shit, all stock, manual 5.0?
Not really. You need to be in the $7-9K range for that. That said, you could find a rougher one with some minor mods in your price range that should be perfectly fine for the job.

Biggest thing to watch for is shock tower rust because that kills the Fox. It can be repaired but isn't economically worth it for now. Maybe never will be. Google can find plenty of pics so you should be able to have a good idea what and where to look when you start checking out cars.

sounds like youre set on eating shit

no education can help you

Hmm okay.
It not being all stock wouldnt be a dealbreaker.
Priority is it has a Clean title, isnt running like shit or leaking fluids. And every body panel atleast being the same color.

Okay ill check for that, luckily im in California so rust isnt a big thing here.

>California
Oh.

Well that just made your job a thousand times tougher what with emissions and all that. People ripped that shit out long ago everywhere else in the country so your going to be pretty much stuck with California cars and those will be more expensive because lolCalifornia.

Hi. 5K probably wont be enough to get you a clean example. People love to molest these cars. That's why there are so few nice ones around so you'll pay a nice premium for one. I don't even have to smog mine when I register it here in Nevada. I have classic vehicle plates and if I drive under 5k miles a year - no smog check. I assume Cali is a bit more strict, though.

Anyways, I love mine. If you have any more questions - ask away.

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5867022658.html
This one doesnt look bad.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5857229922.html
This one looks great even if it is an A/T

Theres a ton of convertibles but i dont want that.

Liking this one a bit better if he still has the original hood like in some pics. Have to laugh at some of the backgrounds though

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5858917802.html

Between those two, it's the red one since it hasn't been fucked with all that much. The AOD is a total drag, above and beyond that of most automatics, but swaps are relatively easy.

Notchbacks are alright, i was hoping for a hatch though.
Lol@pics, redneck detected.

Im not trippin if its an A/T either.
I figure ill do a trans swap when the A/T takes a shit. In the meantime i can source the swap parts and take my time getting everything.

Do you get alot of wind or road noise?
How well do Foxbodies respond to basic things like thicker swaybars or better brakes?

This one is a bit above your price range but about what I'd expect to pay.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5862740856.html

This one is a strong contender but with the orc-speech I would've expected it to be in Oakland instead. I wouldn't pay the whole $4K either and I suspect it would have trouble on a smog check.

sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/5872547827.html

>non-beat to shit, all stock, manual 5.0
do these exist in 2016?

>wanting a Fox to handle
Just go to Maximum Motorsports, point at the Fox parts menu and say "ok".

Bastardized yo mama jokes aside, while they do respond to well mods if handling is your thing you'd be better off starting with a better chassis since even if the Fox ends up being able to match the better chassis you'll be working harder for it and getting beat up more while doing it.

Lul soon as i saw the mods i automatically thought of Smog.

Im going to keep looking but ill start looking at the 1999+ Mustangs, maybe itll be easier to find one of those

>Do you get alot of wind or road noise?
Yes
>How well do Foxbodies respond to basic things like thicker swaybars or better brakes?
Subframe connectors are practically standard and panhard bars improve the rear-steer issue. Improving the wheel angles in the front is another thing worth doing. Basically the sky's the limit on mods you can buy two different better versions of every single part.

>Do you get alot of wind or road noise?
Not really. Actually one of the things I love most about my car is that I can drive with the windows down on the freeway and wind doesn't blow in my face.
>How well do Foxbodies respond to basic things like thicker swaybars or better brakes?
You're going to want to upgrade the suspension and especially the brakes. I haven't done any suspension mods besides lowering it which really doesn't count. I did install subframe connectors and couldn't feel a difference. I don't really drive the car hard, though.

Don't worry about it being stock or not, minor mods will be an improvement.

>shit electronics

Sounds like id be fine with real basic mods then.
Im not going to beat on it in any way.
Tons of country roads around here with 45-55mph speed limits, itd be fun to explore.