Give me 1 good reason I shouldn't buy a 300D for my new DD

Give me 1 good reason I shouldn't buy a 300D for my new DD.

>Tons of them around/parts easily sourced
>Diesel reliability
>Turbo
>Mpg's
>Classic styling
>Red
>Comfy leather interior
>Built like a tank
Be honest, it's the best commuter/road trip option on the used market for under 5k

Rwd* not "red"

>>turbo
Yeah, that's the only way to get power out of a diesel. Just don't expect it to be fast or to do hektik skidz.

Red ones look good though

>"""""""""""""""leather"""""""""""""""

Those are pre MB-tex user. It's real leather.

>0-60 in 87 seconds
>literally a fedora car

W124 is better.

>DDing a 30 year old car

At least get a Volvo you cuck. A 740 turbo can be found in manual wagon form, for less money, and is faster. Unless you are a hipster spoiled brat you shouldn't be DDing a 300D.

it's a slow anemic pile of shit.

>blind RWD fanboiing

stopped reading there.

the car has tons of things that are awesome about it but it is a fucking fact that it is crawling speed SLOW, especially compared to today's standards.

RWD is completely irrelevant if your engine doesn't have the power to make use of the fun potential of RWD.

It makes like 80 hp and does not even get good gas milage to make up for it.

I agree

>Those are pre MB-tex user. It's real leather.
No they're not. Even w114 era had MB-Tex.
True skin was always an option, and still is now.

>"hipster spoiled brat"
>"cuck"
>"""""Volvo 740 turbo in manual wagon"""""

Please kill yourself.

not him but..........

fuck
>thats me

Deep poverty expressed publicly for all to see.

I like the 300d, but its slow as fuck.

STILL RUNS GUD, BUILT TO LAST...

>drives a Camry thats 3 years from being paid off.

>Mpg's
18 is not that great.

MPG meme-> any generic Corolla/Civic 4banger will do better, using cheaper fuel, with cheaper parts, and will need less work.

reliability meme-> it's a 30+ year old German. Any inherent durability the platform and engine have are more than overshadowed by just how old everything is.

If you want one because they're really neat cars and feel like they're from a totally different era built with a totally different mentality then I totally get it/support it. If you just want a reliable and cheap DD then forget it. Buy some old Toyota with some maintenance history and call it a day.

14 years ago my friend bought one (non turbo diesel) and it was the slowest fucking thing I've ever been in. It also broke down fucking constantly. Like every week it needed major repairs.
Stay away.