In a stupid haste I accidentally bought a set of rims...

In a stupid haste I accidentally bought a set of rims. Now because I was too retarded and in a hurry to check but these were rims off a 2001 740i and I'm driving a 1997 540i.

The bore is too small and I'm wondering if it would be safe to take it to a shop and get them to bore it more (excuse my lack of communication) to fit?

No, it wouldn't. You could try welding your calipers on inside out like that guy with the v6 camaro

probably should just sell them

It's safe. Just as long as you have the size of the bore on your 540 and don't go too big.

been trying but no body is biting...selling for 400, lowest 350

>Rep Mpars.

Disgusting.

Also the reason I got these was from my back tire. blew and cracked my rim on the freeway. no one was selling just one obviously so had to buy the set and figured i could use an extra as my spare but not only was the tire too "tall/big?" but the bore was too small....I hope to sell them even at a loss but just wondering cause my "spare" is not a spare but an actual tire just way different sized from the other 3, but how long can i continue using it til i really fuck up again? i'm really poor btw and understand i shouldn't be driving in different sized wheels but i don't have an option atm

Nobodies gonna buy 10yo flaking cracking peeling chrome wheels. Gonna cost 100± just to strip

so....300??

You can either bore the wheel out, machine the hubs on the car down or buy adapter, all of these options will cost a lot.
Prob gonna cost you 1-200 per wheel to get them bored unless you know somebody.

Yo, what's up man. He welded the pads to the calipers with the calipers on the wrong side.
Solved it with a 1/4" spacer and longer wheel studs (1.25" left of thread).

Return them and get more OP, if you can. Better to have the right wheels with no problems than the wrong ones with "solved" problems.

unfortunately they were a craigslist sale and he "spent the money" can't take them back

I only need one wheel to do. it's my back passenger wheel that blew out.

Best case senario

Ask a local shop what they think or if you could maybe get a discount if you traded them in.

Also, Firebird, not a Camaro. But close enough they're both F-bodies.

Why are you driving a 5 series if you are poor?

wheels

Let's see how it looks now. Did you see the guy this morning with the green spray painted $500 V6 Camaro with black plasti-dip flames on the hood?

Wait, the center bore is too small and it won't clear your hub centering ring? Or the barrel diameter is too small and it won't clear your brake calipers?

knockoff stock bmw wheels... lower your price to $200 and hope to get $150 for them

this, the reps look so chintzy

adapter plates are a thing, and they double as mild spacers
just get good quality ones

Honest to god man, those are fucking ugly.
If the center bore is the problem, you can get them bored out. Be careful though.
Hub centric spacers are good too.

You deserve it for buying those hideous pieces of shit

I'm not fond of the design to begin with, but... Those rims have obviously been curbed... they likely have been bent as well.

If you need new wheel bearings user e60 wheel bearings will fit which has a 72.56 center bore.

>Changing wheel bearings just to mount a wheel

No he just needs to chunk those pos reps