discord.gg/4TUUzgv

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S64IOFZD9MU
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=VBGEr0432yE
hoffmann-group.com/DE/de/hom/Messtechnik/Messschieber/Digitaler-Messschieber/p/412601
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

B4

>not going full weeb

repost but

>roads near me are 100kmh/60mph max, mostly 80kmh/50mph though
>first bike (but tiny bit of experience with others on a friend's mt-07 and dad's old guzzi sportbike), but have to stay on restrictions for 2 years before non-shit bike (LAMS)
>want trackday

is a 250 viable for this long and going to the track without getting bored? the ninja 250 aesthetic of old actually appeals to me, and i kinda prefer a light, twisty-shredding bike over a fast one (having ridden both 'styles') - more fun to ride a slow bike fast and all that.

SV650
Over here there are even track competitions purely for stock ones

by 'this long' i mean can you actually get bored of a motorcycle in 2 years

DRZ400SM

I'm not done yet

i hate sounding like such a feels-based rider, but sv650 just doesn't appeal to me at all, and is hard to come by cheap around me because every man and his donkey buys them for a learner bike

What about a CBR250RR then?

actually, i was looking at the suzuki gsx250f across, it's like a more comfy version of the 250rr that a bunch of anons mentioned recently. but even the bog-standard gpx250/zzr250 appeals to me, i was just wondering if the 45HP (across) or 30ishHP(35? GPX and ZZR) will be entertaining for 2 years, because they genuinely seem really fun due to being so lightweight and revvy - will the novelty of having a lightweight bike wear off and will i lust for power and not be able to take them to the track though?

all shitposting aside, why not a DRZSM?
What's the big appeal of the starter sport bikes?

youtu.be/S64IOFZD9MU

again, expensive as shit around me (seriously, nearly $8k AUD i last saw) and the sumo thing is kinda cool but i'm not really that much of a hooligan rider (even if it does look fun). offroading isnt my thing so most of the sumo versatility appeal is lost on me. cool bike maybe in the future once i'm not so poor

vanity.

pretending to be a moto2/3 racer.

>sumos are only for being a hooligan

see? vanity.

isn't that the appeal of sportsbikes in general though?
really though, loudly and quickly pulling away from the lights isn't what appeals to me about the mini sports bikes, it's more the opportunity to hone my skills and learn to operate a bike with the utmost precision possible that is facilitated by a light weight and not crazy power

>motovlogger
>shit line and couldn't work out how to lean while on a leader bike
Why am I not surprised

>pretending to be a moto2 racer
so why are you buying pigfat 400lb 250s instead of 2 stroke 125s?

>ninja 250: 374lb
>DRZ400SM aka the most pigfat of sms: 319lb
>official fuck-around/skill-honing bikes of actual racers: supermotos

hmm.

i'm not quite sure you know the difference between vanity and opinion/preference.

but no, the i'm not really drawn to the main riding appeals of a sumo (riding up staircases and doing adventurous and stunty stuff), and the other main draws (lightweight, good cornering, etc.) are just as easily obtained on a beginner sports bike.

because 2strokes make no sense as a commuter due to the narrow power band and are difficult to learn on for the same reason?

>Supermotos are lighter
>Supermotos corner better
>"No man I can't ride that, it's for lazy 13 year olds who can't pedal their BMX bikes"

dude, i'm not doubting the logic there, i'm just saying that subjectivity and opinion in a hobby and logic don't necessarily mix, especially when starter sports bikes are still really easy to learn on even if they are more portly than a supermoto.

i'm gonna bow out of this, but i never said that supermotos aren't better at certain things, just that beginner sports bikes also provide those opportunities even if it is to a lesser degree.
also, never said that i view sumos as some shitty teenager bike, more that they just don't make me as excited to ride as a sports bike does - nothing to do with vanity or how i want to be seen, but more just what appeals to my senses.
you do you, man.

Actually dude anything with linear power delivery, or anything that can stay in the speed limit while in the powerband, is easy to learn on for street riders

But what you want is a supermoto, and what you are too vain for because of motovlogger stereotypes is a supermoto

kek

time to lube my chain if you know what i mean lmao

i jerked off on my chain to lube it and got 25,000 miles out of it

>not having shaft
Lmao my man

the across was my first bike and i've had two bikes since
i love all of them

yeah, i think i'm kinda set on the whole 250 thing. did you ever take the across to the track? i'm trying to convince a mate to get a 250 as well so we can go together - the more i think about it, the more i realise theres too much shit to do on a bike to get bored just because its not as high powered.

never took it to a track. Small bikes are fun as long as you aren't stupid about it. It all depends on what you want to get out of motorcycling

A supermoto should be one of your spare bikes. You'll no doubt end up trying to balance point wheelies or drift it and doing that to your only bike is just silly unless you're ready to stop riding until you fix it. Yes they can take a fair bit of abuse, but they will break just like anything else.

Just get a nice road bike and treat it well until you afford something you can trash on the side. You're meant to crash your supermoto/dirtbike so you learn to avoid crashing your sportsbike.

this is nonsense

Horses for courses lad.

>SEM POLL ROUND 2
Pick final destination and time frame.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

>quads and dubs

Pretty based.

Almost septs tho

What's the best place to get weeb stickers?
How cheap are custom ones?

this is 200% truth

motard is for occasional use.

>Learning on a 1000cc is fine they said

Right here on Veeky Forums
Go to /osg/, auto sticker general
Some guys'll send em free if you're nice enough :)

there are plenty of videos of 250 riders do the same thing

it's less of a literbike thing and more of an amiercan thing

>How do you turn a motorcycle?
>if you lean over you slide and die, right?

>best handling liter of all time
>can't lean it by more than 5 degrees

my first bike was a 06' R1, never had any problem, it's just a matter of personality, if you're kind of crazy and love risks : don't ride a powerfull bike, if you're the opposite then, ride what you want.

Been there.
I don't suck dick, though.

are you a shit rider now though?

in the sense of i don't ride fast or lean like Rossi ? Well yeah, i'm shit, but at least i enjoy riding what i ride and i'm careful, the important is to be happy with what you're doing, right ?

I don't know man, for some people, anything with a sporty looking fairing can be too much

youtube.com/watch?v=VBGEr0432yE

>>>> american'ts

sportbike, no lean, no trackday, no fast?

what's the point lol.

Like literally why even own it.

>not being a master race european and treating public roads like racetracks
>not using shitty body position to increase lean angle for minimum strips
>not running into trucks

kek

well, i'm obviously better at riding now than 5 years ago, but still, i wouldnt consider myself as risky or "excellent" at riding.

i'm from Europe

the point is : buy whatever make you happy, i don't care if i use 20% of the potential of my bike, the most important is to have that smile when you ride it.

i think, no matter the bike, if you're scared of leaning on a R1, you'll still be on a R3 or whatever, some people need just more time to learn to ride properly.

>first bike r6
>europe
haha nice try faggot

it was in 2011, i was 21, so elligible to ride whatever the fuck i want :)

>pic related

What the fuck does wat mean?

what a tool

No seriously is it an Veeky Forums meme or something? It's full of wat stickers.

> Honda riders

WAT stands for WAT Automotive Technologies

post chicken strips

but what does WAT stand for

WAT racing development.

why can't it be spring yet, I just wan't to get a new bike and ride again

That guy literally sounds like he is stoned out of his mind. Do Americans even know consonants exist? Also
> dat line
> dat nolean
> straight pipe
> faggy stickers
LOL
At least he was wearing gear. I bet his right leg and torso would be way more fucked up afterwards.

It's funny how after a crash all you can do is just repeat one phrase again and again. "ow fuck... ow fuck, ow fuck... ow fuck". Literally me after my crash.

GET FUCKING HYPE

>crashing
git gud haha faglord

If you don't crash you can't know your limits.

why are motorcyclists so uncool now a days?

I raged at myself. The adrenaline blocked an incredible amount of pain at first
you are either a nobike or ride like a giant pussy
post the ending so we can laugh at you

WAT Automotive Technologies

OR you can find your limits by almost crashing, but then saving it.

Took my dads bike out for a spin, bitch keep bitching about that it was freezing.

>tfw low tyre pressure warning light comes on suddenly on the highway
Fuck electronics

because they're either 50 year olds on an ugly fucking BMW 1200 dualsport they never take off the road, fuccbois on a plastic ninja killing themselves on the highway, or bike mafia on a harley

But you can't know how close you are to crashing unless you go over that threshold. Look at MotoGP riders, they crash all the time trying to find the limit. Do you want to tell me they are bad riders?

They find their limits at high speeds, I find my limits on low speeds, where I have the time to react and safe it.

>mfw my bike has been at a mechanic for over 2 weeks because of a faulty front brake switch

I should have just done it myself

> that delusion
Protip: You're nowhere near the limit.

hey retard, if you are riding at "low speeds", you are by definition far from the limit.
even cage racers say that if they had more than one life, they'd be better drivers.

I'm near MY limit, not the bikes.

>letting someone else wrench on your bike

>But what you want is a supermoto, and what you are too vain for because of motovlogger stereotypes is a supermoto

Insightful comment. Stereotypes can be ignored. I could give a shit if every motovlogger explosively prolapsed and died because they don't interest or concern me. If I didn't have too many bikes I'd add a sumo to the fleet. Narrow and agile is good, and fairings are just more shit to break/mmaintenance obstacles when not on the highway.

Sample all the bikes you can. Fuck image. Nobody else gives a shit what you do.

So you must be a shittier rider than everyone who has crashed, since their limit was high enough to cause a crash when passed

usually, I do all my own stunts, but right no I have absolutely no time and tools to fix it and just thought fuck it, but I was right in not trusting professional mechanics

I've crashed before.

But I prefer to stay well within my limits.

You no buy off-season for bargains?

I don't have my A license yet, so I can't test ride any of the bikes I want

This internet bench mark racing is making me crazy though

>Fuck image
this. so many faggot riders out there looking for attention.

go in there and tell them to fix your fucking bike then.

>This internet bench mark racing is making me crazy though

Learn not to give a shit about that and consider the whole motorcycle, because you don't ride stats unless you are a real racer. You ride the whole machine which includes ergonomics and I don't mean how you appear on the motherfucker. Most common mistake newbs (and some oldbs) make is buying by the numbers. Test rides will show you what you will actually like using.

learned that lesson from boating...I've seen some shit you wouldn't believe from yacht club mechanics.
the bikes see the mechanic a total of once a year for inspection

any recommendations for a good digital caliper?

hoffmann-group.com/DE/de/hom/Messtechnik/Messschieber/Digitaler-Messschieber/p/412601

>mfw my bike's club does free yearly inspection

Exactly. I'm just looking for a ~100 hp sporty bike that can handle a bit of touring, but there are so many possibilities, it's astonishing. But I'm just the type of person that wants to know EVERYTHING about my possibilities beforehand.

I too am an indecisive insecure beta male.