Getting a car within the week...maybe today..need your help

Basically between a Honda Hrv and Subaru 2012-2013 Impreza base model (sedan or hatch idc). I like the Subaru because its a compact car with awd nd is excellent on gas. I like the hrv because of its elevated driving posture...IDK about Subaru's. I'm leaning towards the impresa..what does Veeky Forums think.

If you like the ride height of the HR-V, get a Subaru XV Crosstrek.

It's literally the Impreza Outback Sport of the new age with a new name for some retarded reason.

HRV doesn't come AWD standard, and its AWD system is FWD-based dogshit.

The Subaru will hold its value retardedly well while the Honda will lose most of its value in just 2 years.

Don't be a cuck. Get the Subaru.

Its a bit more expensive than I can afford atm. It snows where I am but is always plowed ad salted within the first snow flake falling so I don't think I need the height. I'm so excited dude. I finally get to own a car. Anways its looking like itsgunna be the Subaru cuz awd sedan

I'm sad they got away from this classic wagon styling in favor of some new-age crossover/hatch garbage, but oh well.

I was thinking about trading in my Honda Fit for a base model Impreza from the past 5 years. It is almost a perfect car, but I think I will wait until my Fit dies.

what year is this

I can only recommend that car if;
>you get the 2.0
>you get the manual
>you are aware that the suspension is very stiff

Still, even with the anemic 1.6 and the horrible CVT its a much more capable car than ones like my fathers Outlander and uncles XC60 - perhaps the most able crossover in its class

2012-2016

I'm looking at 2012s. I love the look of the base model. How lame

get a civic for 3k. awd is a meme. just get snow tires. new econoboxes are shit.

Leave here now.

how am i wrong.

Because I don't want a pos shit Honda. You do realize what a 3k car looks like right?

you can get a perfectly fine looking civic for 3k. all one color, few scratches, and a clean interior.

They sell those with a 1.6 over there? They're 2.0 only in the states and everyone still shits on it for its horsepower rating.

False. ANY 3k car will have upwards of 150,000 miles. Have considerable wear and tear and be upwards of 10 years old.

I've got about 3.5k into my soob and it's just fine. It ticks all of those boxes except considerable wear and tear. I only paid $1800 for it initially.

Unfortunately I live in a city soo all the cars so beat to shit from the salt they literally throw around. I have a see a couple cleannnnnnnnnn loyales around here though....

I never said anything about miles. Yes it will have that many miles but that's not a bad thing as long as it looks decent inside and out. Avoiding a couple mechanical issues isn't worth spending 20k.

You obviously don't know how reality works.

Why don't I? I found a good cheap civic. You could too if you weren't so obsessed with your image and shitty awd.

What you're saying is
>I don't buy older cars because I'm too stupid to fix things when they go wrong
Pick up a fucking wrench and be a man.

>pick up a wrench and be a man.

Yeah proved my point. You have no idea what you are talking about.

K.

That wasn't me. I'm not saying you have to learn to wrench. Just don't be afraid of small repairs. It's never stranded me and most expensive repair was a $800 a/c compressor. Mechanics aren't out to get you.