[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

It's not about what you ride it's how you ride it edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>/dbt/ and Veeky Forums discord
discord.gg/4TUUzgv

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S64IOFZD9MU?t=191
youtube.com/watch?v=o-GfLydmTMY
youtube.com/watch?v=7rXdAI3Xh9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for honda cb1300 best bike

second for suzuki vx-800 second best/most a e s t h e t i c bike

>1300cc
>100hp
???

>honduh riders

The big machine

1st for DRZ a shit

> (You)
>Yeah, but notice how I didn't say whether or not the bike was up to the task.
>Most people aren't up to the task of sitting on a fuckin' DRZ at 70-80mph. Great town commuter, piss poor highway commuter.
I have absolutely no problem sitting on a DRZ at 70mph for half an hour (at least with a -3 rear sprocket). I agree it's not a good highway commuter but it will do it just fine if you need it to. I would only recommend it if you do most of your riding below 60mph. Even then I would still recommend an actual street bike unless you're doing any actual off roading or like to beat on your bikes really hard and just want something super durable.

>TORK LOOK AT THE TORK UUGUGHGAHGHG

Also that bike will be hyper reliable in that state of tune.

prince is dead user

>ビッグマシンを自在に操る
to be fair that does directly translate to "Manipulate the big machine at will"

Think of it as like a japanese harley, albeit one that still handles if you have T h e m e t h o d

It needs that torque when it weighs a ton and only has 5 gears

first for nobike cuck!

Shut up nobike.

you can hide all you want nobike

Touch a nerve, weeb honda fellator?

I have 3 bikes.
But clearly youre an ignorant nobike if you think the DRZ is more than babys first bike

it's a honduh, it's to be expected. be happy it doesnt have less and weigh more. or don't.

I wish there was still the trailer for "the method" on youtube, it showed him doing a zig zag on a cb1300 getting kneedown left/right/left/right over and over again.

Might be "the big machine" but see the thread OPs message for why that isn't the end of the fucking world.

Fuckin' nobikes and their dumb benchracing numbers chasing fagotry. Get outta here nobikers.

for thanksgiving i am thankful for not being a filthy nobike

went to get some fork seals and saw the new RMX450Z at the dealer. looks pretty cool. pretty much the only other jap enduro is the wr, and we all know how bad that shit sucks, so i'm looking forward to hear what people have to say about the rmx

Nice attempt at an opposite of truth troll

I did it guys, I got a shit bike.

wew

Kek

show me

but SV's are great bikes, I owned a 650S for a while and it was honestly the best bike I've had aside from being a bit boring.

>great engine for beginners and experienced folk
>great fuel economy
>good size
>quick but not obscene

Just make sure you use good dielectric grease on your front plug or it WILL die in the wet, even if it is one of those newer models with the useless rubber flap.

The drain holes around the plug well are just useless and in the wrong spot.

every SV owner knows about being assaulted by previous SV owners who need to tell you that they had an SV once and they loved it to pieces.

Last time it was en ex EWC winner who had to come up and tell us that he raced an SV once and it was just the sweetest bike etc.

Assuming its yours. Hows it ride? Parts availability? I keep wanting to get one.

theme thod!!

what happened?

youtu.be/S64IOFZD9MU?t=191

>fuck i think riley fucking... oh no
>*waves to harley*

90nM TORKZ AT 2000 RPM
also shit will last forever detuned like that

really abike if you're looking for something that lasts and where you don't need to worry about the powerband because torkz everywhere famalam

I ride a GS500

and how do you ride it?

Bought an R1 instead of a 250.

Congrats, you got yourself the best beginner on the market and also a bike that will you have fun with a long time

>low on fuel
>tank reliability
>if you crash it no biggie because you can fix it for 20$

>sportbikes
>can't lean

why do these people exist.

SPORTBIKE is for CORNER

supermoto****

He didn't turn.

trying to adjust the free play in the rear brake lever, can't get purchase on the pushrod to adjust it, so frustrating

bcuz MUH FAST

most people are horrible misplaced on their bike, they secretly want a harley dragster

>shittomoto

Better than yo mumma!

explain this bullshit

Like a commuter pleb who occasionally hits the twisties.

commuters are worse scum than nobikes desu

me too and now i'm bored with it

Bikes like the cb1300 are what happens when you leave japanese companies in charge of making a cruiser.
The only reason any of the harley look alike bikes even exist is for the american market

Ujm is not a cruiser m8

you disgust me

ujm is what Japan made instead of cruisers.
Then they started building cruisers because they realised Americans will buy them but not good UJM's.

Kinda like how Toyota makes pic related even though it is worse than both the Landcruiser and the Hilux simply because Americans will buy them.

wish I could, made it two thirds of the way up the slope before fucking up and eating concrete on the way back down.

It's the first motorcycle I've owned, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I enjoy it. It floated on those rocks in low for nearly 4 miles before I arrived at that overpass. I've ridden it to work a few times which entails some roads where the speed limit is 55. You're going to have to be deal with shitheads tailgating you pretty much all the time. As far as parts go, Dr. ATV is pretty much the go to, ebay for the stuff they don't sale. Dr. ATV sales most minor things and has a lot of great technical resources but his engine and transmission parts can be pricey if he has them at all. There are certain things that you'll need to resort to ebay for, mainly engine internals and such. I'd still recommend buying from Dr. ATV if they've got it, I've never had an issue out of them

>Cuckold: the post

Thanks for the info

Leaving this dumb shit here, don't know if it has been posted in these threads yet

youtube.com/watch?v=o-GfLydmTMY

What should my next bike be? Intended usage:
>commute 2-3 days a week
>sunday hills riding
>600+km expeditions once every couple of months

Not interested in a shitbike, don't have time to fuck with them these days

Top choices at the moment:
>triumph sprint ST
>suzuki bandit 1200
>honda vfr800
>yamaha mt09 tracer

Yeah I saw that shit on reddit. If you're gonna be a biker vigalante justice scrublord, go full pull and get a gun and kill the mother fucker.

If after 20 minutes your ass aint chilled enough that you feel you gotta go back and do the deed, I dunno what else to say, man.

turbobusa

what a fucking nutjob, how do you get so triggered by getting flipped off you chase someone for 20 minutes?

seriously wtf is wrong with americans, dude must have a glass ego.

>how do you get so triggered by getting flipped off you chase someone for 20 minutes?
Not defending the guy but did you even watch the video? The guy in the car threw a water bottle at him.

I ride it fresh!

that's some dedication lmao

what is the fastest bike you can find for 4000 and under? just curious

muh freedoms

>inb4 DRZ

You picked really dope bikes. The VFR has the most style points. Have you thought about the FZ-1, Africa Twin, DL1000 VStrom, ZX12/14?

hayabusa

because the stupid cunt on the bike couldn't deal with being flipped off and apparently hasn't learned car drivers aren't worth interacting with.

It takes two to escalate a situation, you have to be impulsive and stupid as fucking hell with anger management issues if you think doing anything other than ignoring getting flipped off is a good idea, you don't know what the car owner is gonna do.

I'd have adigusted look on my face constantly if the hooman that feeds me rides a honduh

2001 gsx-r1000

hmm finding a lot pretty close to 4k. any others you can think of?

you must go back.

Nah, people there too forgiving, to weak, to humble.

People here 100% asshole. Much better here.

>americans

They kill each other over parking spaces. It's the new 3rd world.

Faster than a 'Bus? No.

Plus he had a water bottle thrown at him too.

>to

Just like you are too retarded.

again, that only happened because when he got flipped off he felt the need to interact with the car driver and get up next to him to flip him off back, that first action of bothering to acknowledge or escalate any kind of conflict with a car driver at all is the part I am being critical of.

DO NOT INTERACT, NOTHING POSITIVE HAPPENS

I don't know dude that karma's pretty positive to me

>tfw you trigger an autist over a minor grammar error on an internet forum base on posting weeb pics.

My dude, get fucked.

It reminds me of that popular video of a ninja 250 crash. He just does not turn.

How can mindless, childlike petty revenge be positive?

do you think the car driver has learned a lesson? He's probably going to be even stupider around motorcycles in the future, this kind of "payback" shit satisfies the ego while producing only negative results of any consequence.

Think the dude on the R1 was seriously looking elsewhere completely and zoned the fuck out.

Sprint would be a good choice, or maybe a Tiger 1050

nice strips lmao

Thanks, I reset them every few days riding on dirt

>fz1
>zx12/14
Good suggestions, thankyou.

>africa twin
>DL1000
good bikes but tall adventure bikes can take a backseat for now. I'm bored with my dr650 because it's stressful to lean such tall bikes around.

DAT triple sound, hard luggage, and the aesthetics really pull me to the sprint. Cbf with the tiger.

You talkin about my vid?

youtube.com/watch?v=7rXdAI3Xh9c

shoulda leaned

that's pretty much what happens in yours but I believe he's talking about the ninja 300 that just runs straight off a sweeper.

Funny thing is the ninja 300 guy who couldn't turn went and bought a gsx-r600 as well.

You truly are separated at the hip huh?

>strips on dirt too
holy fuck

>fast
>corner

Trebek, I'll take "things that aren't in that video."

>mindless, childlike petty
You know where you're posting, right?

The Tiger is pretty similar to the Sprint just taller and with less fairing. I only suggested it because I had one and really liked it.

That is the only way to live. Like two months after the 600, I also bought a 1000. Now I have all 3 chilling in my office.

what fucking corner

Is there a right way to approach a situation like that when you're riding over grass and shit to maintain control? I know street tires are shit for traction on grass but fuck it SHOULD be able to at least stay up right a little bit.