What's Veeky Forums's consensus on this lad's new show?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

What's Veeky Forums's consensus on this lad's new show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tF2dF67Q2c

girlDog
girlDog

Good fun.

Anyone expecting a serious car show can fuck off, it isn't meant to be serious.

farquit
farquit

There is already a GT shitpost thread. Look up in the catalog you blind fuck.

likme
likme

Pretty good so far, the constant repetition in episode 2 got pretty annoying but besides that it seems to be a return to form.

The celebrity bit is a waste of bandwidth, and the american driver isn't very good, but these are small issues

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

How does someone so rich have such fucking bad teeth? Even third worlders have better oral hygiene

Supergrass
Supergrass

because british
I like "The American" but they need to move on from "he thinks x is communist" and do some other American jokes

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Just feels like watered down Top Gear but I'll give it two more episodes to see if it gets it's own rhythm.
I'm surprised it only took two episodes for Clarkson to make himself sound like an idiot.
praises the BMW for having no adjustable settings, says adjustable cars are like restaurants where you have to make your own food
oh, look, every part of the Vulcan is adjustable, you can modify every aspect of the car to suit your tastes

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

its almost like the cars exist for completely different reasons.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Look up in the catalog you blind fuck.

It doesn't have Grand Tour or GT in the title. So you can't search for it.

Veeky Forums even fails at shitposting

Lunatick
Lunatick

It's actually surprisingly entertaining IMO. However it's not much of a car show anymore. When Clarkson said no other car comes close to 1hp-1kg I got a little triggered.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Clarkson is not a great car journalist, he is extremely biased by praising everything british even if it is shit.

Techpill
Techpill

he is extremely biased by praising everything british even if it is shit

Aside from constantly taking the piss out of the British motoring industry.

I'm pretty sure most of Veeky Forums lacks the capacity to understand sarcasm.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Love it.

Skullbone
Skullbone

The lads are having a larf pissing away Amazon's money.

Good for them. Life is for laughing.

t. I'm May's age

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Poppycock

Playboyize
Playboyize

It's shit

Booteefool
Booteefool

We're streaming the new episode right now if anyone wants to watch.

filthycasuals
.tv

girlDog
girlDog

only 15 minutes of the second episode is watchable

5mileys
5mileys

Oh yeah, its on the channel list. Second button from the bottom left.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I was wrong, we're on episode 1.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Some critics even attribute Clarkson's actions and views as being influential enough to be responsible for the closure of Rover and the Luton manufacturing plant of Vauxhall.[61] Clarkson's comments about Rover prompted workers to hang an "Anti-Clarkson Campaign" banner outside the defunct Longbridge plant in its last days.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Implying Rover cars weren't complete rubbish.

massdebater
massdebater

Wow u beat me to it. I live in ky, small town, not well off by any means and my teeth are sooooo much better then his. Do they not have dentists or orthodontists over there?

idontknow
idontknow

I don't understand where the massive budget went. Not on creating funnier content anyway.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Be 60
Chain smoke
Drink gallons of tea daily

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

James takes no shit from anyone

WebTool
WebTool

Well, the P6 and SD1 were great and the grocery getters they built at the end were quality cars (if you change the HG)

happy_sad
happy_sad

what about the beer? He has a prominent beer belly 2bhfam

farquit
farquit

I thought the first episode was pretty terrible. Not the worst episode of "top gear", but probably in the bottom half.

But I'm going to keep watching. The second episode was fantastic. Better than the first in every way.
I liked the way they did sort of the local major news for the area they were in in the second episode (which wasn't in the first)
The driver's monologue shit was incomparably better than the cringey stupid shit in the first one.
The lap was done much better in the typical top gear fashion than the stupid camera work on the M2 one.
The first episode's showcase of the track was just... really bad and thankfully that's over with.
More funny shit.

I just would have liked them to showcase more than one car. It was just the Vulcan. Each episode is like an hour long, not the "34 minutes but an hour with commercials" standard tv episode.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

The celebrity bit is a waste of bandwidth
Ugh yeah. Like what the fuck.

TechHater
TechHater

charlize, no.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Are those his actual fucking teeth?!?!?! Fuck

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

James May is a team killing fucktard.
Probably my favorite parts of the skit.

King_Martha
King_Martha

The little banter about Top Gear was the highlight of episode 2 for me

Supergrass
Supergrass

yeah I mean who doesn't like the E type Jag. Give the guy some credit.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

"He thinks donald trump has some pretty good ideas"
"He spells colour without the U"
"His favorite food is fried pizza"

girlDog
girlDog

this

youtube.com/watch?v=1tF2dF67Q2c

massdebater
massdebater

Thank you someone understands

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

It's ok but shit compared to Top Gear. Top Gear when they where still the hosts that is.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

A massive cringe all throughout. Actually didn't manage to sit it out. Lost it at the bum fumbling part.

Top gear is dead, GT died in the womb.

They seem to exclusively cater to retards, 8-year-old, but especially to retarded 8-year-olds.
What a fucking trainwreck.

Playboyize
Playboyize

So far some bits were cringe worthy.

I wonder when they will lower the level of the cars they reviewed. They always get too hyped up when reviewing a hyper car.

You can praise all you want about a 1m million pound super car because you will never buy it. But once they start reviewing a 100k pound super car they can be more objective because they can see themselves buying that car.

The quirky not so car related stuff have always been a coin toss. In episode 2 it was ok.

Some of the best ones were when they take a 2nd hand car and do tests and modifications with them. But it looks like they wont be doing that and just go for the biggest and best cars with their insane budget.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

BBC told them they specifically cannot have a celebrity segment, leaderboard for celebrity lap times, or have the celebrity drive a car.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

The new track is shit. There's no runoff areas, so you can't go as hard as you might with certain cars. Since the driver is "The American" why not just do the hot laps at an American track like Horse Thief Mile? Then viewers could go out there and compare their times with the leader board.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

First episode was good. Second was poor. I am still positive about it. Lets hope they dont double down on the "making a comedy movie in a car show".

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

literal normie shit. Never see them relaxed and geniunely make jokes they wanted.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

the hosts become unusually ecological as they attempt to create cars made of truly sustainable materials before taking part in what’s billed as a green motorsport event.
I'm holding my judgement until episode 4; that seems to be very old TG.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

worse than top gear. shit show for the lowest common denominator full of zero calorie producer jokes.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

You have to admit that dead celebrities is pretty funny.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

First episode = Was ok, still a top gear clone in every aspect but relatively pleasant to watch.

Second episode = Staged garbage, a complete waste of 1 hour of my life.

I'm glad I'm pirating it instead of paying for watching.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

It got kinda old the fist episode.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

The first thing that came to mind when he said that was the Koenigsegg One:1

Its literally in the name for fuck's sake

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I like how they banter with the locals

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

1st episode was okay
2nd episode was bad

I already knew the military part would be shit after I watched the trailer so no surprises there. Hopefully the next episodes will be better stuff.

Also them sitting at a table in the studio is uncomfy as fuck compared to old Top Gear.

Also "So he's not coming on then" is not funny, stop it.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

where did you get that from?

King_Martha
King_Martha

you might literally be autistic if you couldn't grasp the difference.

Spamalot
Spamalot

So, how do the exercises actually work? Do they use blanks, or rubber bullets? How can the people training tell whether or not they've been hit? Ditto for the "terrorists" they're fighting

happy_sad
happy_sad

MILES
Rarely, simmunition.

Techpill
Techpill

Exactly. And the Hennessy Venom GT.
But he said nothing else comes close. Grrrr.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Fuck off BBC

Nojokur
Nojokur

I've seen every episode of TG (new ones) and Fifth Gear off torrents.
I have Amazon Prime. I have 3 amazon fire tv sticks in the house
I haven't seen any episode of the new series.
Nuff said

Playboyize
Playboyize

The Vulcan comes with a team of mechanics that set the car up for you, apples to tables.

Skullbone
Skullbone

James' antipathy toward the Crown will never not be amusing.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

But the way he sucked every imaginable dick off P1 repeatedly bringing up its British origins, only for it to be the worst of the trinity is noticeable.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I liked it apart from the repetitive nature of the military scene, which almost seemed like filler
100% needed more queen bantz
but for fucks sake they were in south africa
where were the car alarm flamethrowers?
or the indigenous armor like the ratels or a rooikat?
MFW no olifant

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

They tried to make it for an American audience and by doing so they ruined it.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Not too fond of how heavily scripted some of the big pieces (like the whole military test thing) are.
Still hope they'll do some more stupid challenges in stupid/inappropriate/cheap cars. That was the best part of Top Gear in the first place.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

they could have done a "build your own alarm/anti-theft system on a cheap car" challenge
we missed Clarkson fitting fireworks to the passenger seat of a beaten up Opel to protect it from thieves

w8t4u
w8t4u

not making the american wreck small imports
not giving May volvo to modify every episode
not letting Hamtaro do something with didges or mustangs
not making clarkson do off roading with a stock f-150
missing so many opportunities

got kinda old
they needed to dose it out like pic related
but they played it out the first episode
okay all your guests will die, we get it

massdebater
massdebater

Veeky Forums
consensus

DeathDog
DeathDog

E03 and E04 takes place in the UK and it's a Italy road trip and a car-building skit respectively. Hopefully, it's back to them fucking around since they're back on home turf.

FastChef
FastChef

My opinions on the episodes

Episode 1
M2 review was good, Hypercar battle had some good moments but apart from that there wasn't much that happened, though I excuse them because they had to explain stuff like the new Track, Tent, segments, etc because well, it's the first episode.
The celebrities dying bit was meh, it went on for too long but maybe it's just a one episode joke or maybe they will interview some celebrities in the next episodes

Episode 2
Vulcan review was alright. Talk segments in the beginning & the middle were even more forgettable than last episode.
James's "spinning" trip was boring af. I get that they did it because it's some South African thing, but still. It's just people doing donuts in the same car, with some stunt driver tricks that have already been done to death by stuntpeople all over the world over the years. And also James had no reaction besides "You're constantly redlining it". There was nothing to that segment
Another dead celebrity bit. Oh well, atleast this one was pretty short
The military training bit was pretty fun atfirst when they went full Groundhog Day, though it got kinda old pretty quickly and the first part was pretty much meaningless. Part 2 finally went into detail with the car. James hating on the monarchy was also funny, though from that point on the segment went straight downhill. I didn't the "Hammond trying to stop Clarkson to review the car" joke and the end went on for way too long. Throughout the whole segment it felt to me as if the producers played some ArmA campaigns together, and then tried to replicate them with this episode or something. Imo it should've just been a review of the S8 but still with all the chase scenes and stuff to keep the connection between the Audi A8/S8 being the badass action movie car, but whatever

I'll give the next episode a shot. And if that doesn't improve, I'll just wait till the show is finished and watch some episodes when I'm extremely bored or whatever

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Only because he's the one driving it. In older TG seasons where say, Hammond was the one on the McLaren, he happily mocked it. Basically, Clarkson considers the ones he drive as being the best while the other two's are rubbish. It's how it's mostly been in the old show.

Playboyize
Playboyize

How did they manage to make it more scripted than Top Gear?

Nojokur
Nojokur

now THIS is jumping the shark

I agree. Fans have been complaining for years how bits are scripted but now they just said fuck it and made it all scripted without any of the subtly that was on TG. M-movie when?

FastChef
FastChef

the worst
If you honestly think any P1 owner or anyone who genuinely likes cars cares that it is slower around a track than two other cars, you are a complete cuckolded virgin.

farquit
farquit

WHERE IS THE SPEICALS?

I swear if we dont get any TGT specials i am going to ragequit this series is shit

Skullbone
Skullbone

The writing during some of the sequences is really bad, especially some the low level American jokes. "Real" challenges ,such as the Counter terrorist training, don't seem natural, where as they could pull off similar scenes well in Top Gear.

Techpill
Techpill

The whole anti-American shit is annoying
I enjoy a good bantz like everyone else but there's no way in hell I'm going to watch a show hat constantly bashes me for being the greatest country on earth
Why do Brits like to make jokes at us so often, do you guys really hate is?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You guys didn't really fall for the meme did you? Like you don't actually believe America is even a good country let alone the best one...?
If the above is true then no we don't really hate you.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

America is objectively superior to Britain at least. Your free speech is so damn limited and now kinky shit is illegal.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

lol dont forgot who brought civilization to north america you buffoon

Illusionz
Illusionz

BBC marketing team on damage control

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

kinda trash

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Because they're still based out of the UK so they had to find a course in the UK that wasn't overtly British because that would hurt the theme they're trying to go after.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Sure, but that doesn't respond to what I've said. How can you defend the advances your government has made into ruining the idea of free speech?
I guess they never really understood it, since we had to revolt just to get it....

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

can't stand that autist

massdebater
massdebater

Terrible, TERRIBLE scripted "jokes"

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit