Poorfag looking for reliable transportation here. Would this car be a good idea...

Poorfag looking for reliable transportation here. Would this car be a good idea, or is it retarded to buy a car with that many miles?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5870701484.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5879534951.html
seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/5890610834.html
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5893150202.html
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5895001580.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5890835968.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5894743023.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5876991433.html
seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5893458014.html
seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5894901401.html
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5859497489.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a Toyota, so it could have 100k+ miles left in it if it's been well maintained.

You might not want a V6 on a budget though. They're more expensive and less fuel efficient.

The tranny is a ticking timebomb. Get a manual.

Is this better?

I have one with the v6 and manual.

Its okay. God forbid you have to change sparkplugs or change the timing belt though.

Its weird he has a new transmission, but otherwise its a pretty good commuter.

More options mate:
seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5870701484.html

Keep up on this maintenance and this will go to 200K+

Solara V6 is a solid pick OP. Pic related is my '96 ES300 with similar miles (207k now, bought with 203k). Very overbuilt cars, major components are very long lived. I just did the t-belt on mine (non interference btw), the factory water pump was still as good as new. 1MZ is problem free as long as it got oil changes at reasonable intervals (these are somewhat sludge prone if neglected). Interior materials also very good, much better than new Toyotas or frankly any other mainstream brand (or even near-premium brand for that matter). Parts are cheap and these are pretty easy to work on. Lots of donors in junkyards (Camry V6 has the same mechanicals, as does ES300 and Avalon).

If you're major poor-fag then the mid-20s mpg of the 1MZ might be a drawback, but if you can afford the fuel bill it is oh-so worth it for the smoothness. Pairs very well with the 4spd auto.

I just took mine that I bought this fall on a road trip out to my brother's, 8 hours each way in perfect comfort. Had no lingering fears that it'd strand me or that something weird would crap out on it.

T belt isn't bad, my brother and I just installed an Aisin kit (with water pump) in about 3 hours going at a leisurely pace and chatting. The rear plugs yes the intake manifold would need to come off (also not terribly hard or scary job, just a hassle compared to NOT having to do that at all)

how much money?

>using "high mileage" oil

This is the one you want OP just check it over real good make sure it's not fucked.

Meh I run castrol GTX high mileage in my old Jap cars, a mid range syn-blend. Kept lifters happy on my old MPV, it's my go-to on my old Toyotas (5VZ-FE and 1MZ-FE).

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5879534951.html

seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/5890610834.html

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5893150202.html

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5895001580.html

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5890835968.html

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5894743023.html

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5876991433.html

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5893458014.html

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5894901401.html

seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5859497489.html

>puyallup

confirmed poor fag

>Solara
>Coupe
>2D

Someone's being redundant.

Bro im from Bellevue, hit me up and I can help you find a car and come with if you need someone to check it out.

emails [email protected] its an old one

SEO

Idk what that means.

lel

What do you guys think of the 2nd gen Focus(both manual and auto)? They can be had for much newer at around the same price as the equivalent Hondas/Toyotas in my area.

Oh yes. These corollas are fantastic. I actually grew up driving one. For a shitbox/econobox it really does handle quite well and the 1.8l isn't MISERABLY slow. Good throttle response and decent brake feel.

Honestly they're fun little cars to throw around and the large amount to of luggage space (for such a small car) is a bennefit.

I'll be look to get one to fuck around with once I graduate, have a house, and have somewhere to put a second and third car.