Anyone here driven one of these...

Anyone here driven one of these? My girlfriend wants one and I told her I'd go halfsies with her on a car if she picks one I like too. (I'll be driving it a lot)

I haven't driven in a few years and the only car I've ever owned was a 2001 RWD BMW 3 Series MT. But the ball and chain wants this 2016 Civic CVT and I hear it's FWD only. And I assume electric steering.

My question is, how is the steering? Is it bad? Better than other FWD? I would go test one but the dealership is 45 minutes across town and I don't want to deal with a stealer unless I'm serious.

Feel free to call me a cuck or recommend other cars, but I'd still like to know what the steering is like on this bitch.

Don't buy a car with your girlfriend

This.
Unless you know you're gonna be long term forever (which you won't know), never co buy a car.

The only people that you should co buy a car with are your parents.

That being said tell her to buy it on her own, and if she can't afford it buy a 2013+ model. They're still very nice to sit in and have many of the same luxuries that the 2016 has.

For you, buy a shitbox manual made within the last 10 years.

If you don't have the money to buy a 10 year old shitbox cash then you won't have the money to buy a new car.

Dont be fucking stupid.

>halfsies
>buying a car for your gf
Kys you beta nu-male.

Thanks for the relationship advice. I'm not going to take it, though. We've been together for 6 years. Both my parents are dead, you think sharing a car is the least bit a concern in my life.

So about the steering.

Be an idiot then, divorce rate is more than 50%, the shit happens randomly. My girlfriend of 5 years just dumped me because she bottles up all her frustrations at let them out without any indication. Luckily I didn't get a car with her but it was in the works.

Tl;Dr kys

It steers like a dream, OP. I can feel everything on the road through the steering wheel, and any input is translated sharply and directly to the road.

Didn't ask for your life story. Go be bitter somewhere else.
Okay, that's somewhat good to hear. What model did you get?

My sister picked one up a few months ago, honestly grew on me. The steering is very responsive, though the car feels a lot bulkier than it should be. Has plenty of nice luxuries/features, and overall it's fun to drive.

my biggest issue would be the amount of engine/road noise

never driven one of the current gen but i wouldn't count on it being anywhere near 'fun'
either test drive it or get a slightly older lexus IS or something

pretty sure
is being sarcastic

If I could describe electric steering in one word, it would be "buttery"
It's very responsive but feels like playing a video game; there's no resistance or anything!

I drove a 2008 Civic Sedan. I think it was an ex? It wasn't mine so I'm not sure.

here's some better advice: don't buy a new car, you dumb fuck.

Does it have to be a 2016? You could get one of the earlier models for a lot cheaper and it has basically all the same stuff, just different styling.

>i wouldn't count on it being anywhere near 'fun'
I don't care if it's fun, I can't afford to insure and fuel a fun car. I only really care if it sucks to park and maneuver, etc. I drove a fwd car once, an 01 nissan something, and it was fucking dreadful.
Had a feeling they were being sarcastic but you never know
>feels like playing a video game
That actually seems kind of cool.
Nah it doesn't have to be 2016, but it was the first car she suggested and I said I'd think about looking at it. The led headlights look cool. I've only ever driven halogen so it would be nice to see further than my 3 inch cock down the road

Well if you guys are short on money I would recommend just getting a 2012 or something around that year.
Otherwise, the new civic seems like a very decent car to daily. I mean shit, pretty much every civic has been a solid car for the average joe.

buy a civic for 3k and fuck off. the new ones are shit.

I drive a 2015 civic in manual. It has electric steering it's fucking amazing.

Also, how come you haven't driven in a few years? Have you just had your girlfriend drive you around?

Who's putting up the down? Who's name on the title?

Get the 6spd hatchback faggot.

Do it OP BUT dont split it with your girlfriend. Buy it for yourself then let the bitch just ride with you

If youj must buy a new civic then get the Si manual

Jesus Christ, how am I supposed to fit a shift knob that big in my anus?

I knew a guy that dated the same girl for 7 years. She dumped him this year because she felt "too stressed" by her senior year of college. 7 goddamn years gone for some school bullshit.
Don't come crying to us when you get fucked over by something stupid.

This
T. Bitter virgin.

>2016 Civic CVT

Convince the piss out of her until she agrees to get the manual. It gets nearly identical gas mileage to the CVT. You can teach her how to drive it.

Everybody wins.

Honda's CVTs are really good for daily driving, I wish you "auto enthusiasts" would shut up as nobody likes being stuck in traffic with a manual transmission.

>nobody likes being stuck in traffic with a manual transmission.
confirmed for not knowing how to drive a manual, lol its easy as shit because im not a 3rd worlder or ameriblob

Gf buys her own fucking car.

In my life I have never seen a man and a woman be happy together without their own fucking cars.

It's not that bad, puss-in-loafers.

Civic's steering is not great but ok.

Get a Mazda3 if you want good steering. And it is much more beautiful too.

My mom, sister and aunt each have one and I've driven them a few times. They have light as fuck steering, and you can get them with turbos

>mazda 3 looks better
yeah na, looks like angry birds shit

tl;dr: no fun allowed

Honestly thats how i feel about new mazdas. They feel fake. You want less butter get hydraulic steering. Delayed input and hard.

This. So much this. Also steering is more like vidya than the civic. Feels like a well used initial d 6th gen arcade machine for the mazda 3.

Doesnt the civic got the north murican car of the year 2016? Or was that Si

I'm about to buy one, leaning towards Coupe, EX-T trim (1.5L turbo).

Hatchback (brand new, just arrived on dealer lots this week) Sport trim is cheaper than Coupe EX-T trim (cheapest trim with the 1.5L turbo engine) and has bigger 18" sexy stunnah rimz and groundFX kit and shit stock, including a center dual chrome tipped exhaust, +6hp (and requires Premium fuel, whereas the sedan/coupe don't). But that hatch prly the best deal if you want a sporty lookin thang