Anyone else like dash boards that make you feel like you're in a space ship?

Anyone else like dash boards that make you feel like you're in a space ship?

Some more interiors that have a spacey feel

yeah desu , i didn't care that much for interiors until I sat in some interesting ones. Even better if the car has performance to boot. really gives you that spaceship feeling

Yeah, one thing I like about them throwing infotainment system in most new cars. However there is something awesome about finding old cars that that the same space aesthetic.

1985 Corvette

The best.

Dats sexy mang

>glass cockpit

Looks so French yet it's Japanese

It's nice, don't get me wrong however if I could critique a few things:

1. It's quite busy. Just a lot of shit going on.
2. The mix of piano black is horrible. Just stop. 3. Too many sections that look like they were designed by separate teams. Not enough harmony between the 5(!) different console regions.

As a UXD-shill, I cringe. As some who has seen a Honda or two, I can appreciate the attempt at maturity for a Civic - once purely an economic shitbox.

Imagine all the fucking fingerprints.

You'll have to wear satin gloves

I disagree, not busy enough

What car? I'd drive that

Yes, if executed thoughtfully. Your shitty Accord isn't one if you're looking for any type of validation from strangers off the Burmese basket weaving internet forum.

Some concept car called the Orca, I think.

>no one posted supra yet

makes me feel like I'm on the fucking enterprise

Why am I just finding out about this!?

lamborghini reventon/reventon roadster.

>center mounted dash
disgusting

I like it

>driving gloves become a thing again
>all those womyns who will fall for it and look like bimbos from the 20s
Not that bad 2bh

>head unit and minivan inspired steering wheel

Has anything come with a dash like this since? Fucking beautiful honestly

>center mounted
Had the designer never driven a car before?

Cars are designed that way to make them cheaper to sell in both LHD and RHD markets

>Love futuristic design
>But not our current futuristic design, only 80's and 90's

Maybe one day I'll feel nostalgia for car designs post 2010

What I'd hope for is a car that has a customizable dash. With all these infotainment systems and digital speedometers and tachometers you'd think they would at least let you change the color and font/ style.

just absolutely disgusting

I miss when shit was all angled towards the driver

tl;dr if you ever wonder why anything is like it is, the answer is always fucking money

that shit looks like the controls of a borg spaceship

Yes, it's a great feeling. But Honda is the only manufacturer that does this right.

9th gen civics had it, and it looks "modern".
9th gen civic interiors are definitely one of my more favorite modern interiors. They also maintained an open front cabin, which I also like.
Shame they made the center console fuckhuge separating the driver and passenger and putting the head unit straight on. It makes the car feel claustrophobic.

Does anyone else have a huge fetish for interiors that have a well-defined separate bit of dashboard for the driver? Kind of like a lorry cabin?

I have an 84 with a dashboard like that, except its faded to all hell and i can hardly see anything other that the speed. I'd post a pic but i'm away from home.

Straight out of an X-Wing.

Fucking commies had to have everything centered so people could put their grubby sausages on my shit. Because of "equality"

I love the Saab 9-5 interior. The OEM nav unit is so rare unfortunately

Design was great, implementation, not so good.
I have a friend with a Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon and my gfs mother has a Saab 9-5 sedan and both of them look like shit because the plastic has gone to shit and things have broken.

Are those gullwing doors? Has to be a complete pain in the ass to get in if not.

Well, I have no personal experience with them

is that the hybrid? Mine looks like this

I'm sorry, now you will be disappointed once the real thing is revealed.

Interesting, I have a 2001 saab 9-3 and the interior is still nice, including the plastic. Everything works as well.
I have a feeling this has less to do with the manufacturers implementation and more that I and the previous owner gave a shit and took care of things.

I know the feeling.

>display is not visible if you hold the steering wheel at 10 and 2 or 9 and 3

good taste in albums user

I lucked out with the one I bought, very clean.

Indefinitely, especially when your 6'2 and have trouble getting in most cars. Thank god for trucks

don't hon

> paddle shifters

Only correct answer

How do you shift without a clutch pedal?

Boy, Eurocars sure are strange, huh?

I rented a buick enclave once, it had a strip of light going around the dash to the mid section it was pretty cool

I can't quite tell but is that a Lancia badge?

there are gloves with conductive patches in the tips of fingers