I posted 2 days ago about my Sunfire that I CRASHED

I posted 2 days ago about my Sunfire that I CRASHED.
People asked for pictures.

Is it just the lower control arm(bent in pic) that I need to replace or it something else fucked up on it?

I can steer the wheel fine, the position is just moved now and it's scraping against the wheel well.

I got some cheap mechanic that uses used car parts and he's going to take a look at it in 2 days.

more pics incoming

Fellow Sunfire owner here. Hope all's well.

Hope so too, I'll know more in a few days.

You need to take better pictures. Take one from behind the control arm. It looks fine to me

I didn't take the pictures.

The car is at work right now I can't take any more.

Nice wheels, I've seen those before once and really liked them more than the steelies with the ugly 3-spoke hubcaps. What are those called? I'd like to get those for mine.

Stock sun fire wheels?
Holy shit I resent my last statement you should replace the ball joint and tie rod end while your at it. But don't use used parts for those.

Came with the car I bought used.

Thanks, I figured they were an option on some non-base model (my model) package, but couldn't find any names. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

>only pic I have of my car

Your steering rack is leaking too. Wew lad

what's a steering rack?
i need no fluids leaking

Those are cheap right?
Why not use a used tie rod end?

see no*

bump for more help and suggestions.

You see the dark portion on the tie rod? That's damn fluid from the steering rack boot. The tie rod is attached to the steering rack. It's what moves when you turn your steering wheel dude.

Do you not know anything about cars?

Don't cheap out on tie rod ends and ball joints because they are boots filled with grease

>That's damn fluid from the steering rack boot.
okay I see it now.
But only a little fluid came out.
If I fixed everything except this would it still be okay or would all of the fluid leak out. Couldn't I simply get the boot tightened?

If I had to have this replaced, how much would it cost?

>Do you not know anything about cars?
A bit.

It will start making noise eventually and no the boot doesn't need to be tightened usually when it leaks the boot is torn.

Are you asking how much the steering rack would cost? Why don't you just save your self tons of money and do everything yourself. A new steering rack will set you back atleast a thousand dollars at a shop.

>It will start making noise eventually and no the boot doesn't need to be tightened usually when it leaks the boot is torn.
It doesn't look torn.
I'll wait until the mechanic checks it out.

>Are you asking how much the steering rack would cost? Why don't you just save your self tons of money and do everything yourself. A new steering rack will set you back atleast a thousand dollars at a shop.
I was asking how much the boot would cost if that's the only problem.

I'm not good at car stuff and have no tools so I can't fix this.

Usually you don't replace just the boots.
>I'm not good at car stuff
That sucks.
I personally wouldn't bother replacing the whole rack by myself I might pay a shop or get a few friends to help me because those are a Bitch.

The control arm ,tie rod , and ball joint you could do yourself because those are easy as fuck. Replacing all 3 will probably take 2 hours or longer for the unskilled. All you need are basic hand tools

>I personally wouldn't bother replacing the whole rack by myself I might pay a shop or get a few friends to help me because those are a Bitch.
Okay, there's just a small leak.

Do I REALLY have to replace the whole thing?

>The control arm ,tie rod , and ball joint you could do yourself because those are easy as fuck.
Man I already have plans to send it to a shop in 2 days.

Plus I have to get an alignment.

Uh yeah dude. I'm 99% sure you don't just replace the boot. In all my years I have never seen anyone just replace a steering rack boot.
But you don't need to worry about it right now.

But hey if you want to spend the money and not a weekend fixing your car then by all means dude.

Dont listen to this nigger. You can just replace the boot once theyre available.

Just check for play.

Hell you can also forego replacing anything that isnt currently damaged/worn.

Anything that is damaged/worn you should do but if they currently arent then dont bother.

Ofcourse youd have guys here that would say youd need to replace everything adjacent to it but i have driver cars that had a wheel torn off and the ball joints outlasted the rest of the vehicle. Springs were alright too.