Why did the Latin language died?

Why did the Latin language died?

Is this bait
Any language spoken 1000 years ago is virtually "dead"

it changed but its change was not uniform so the term latin would have had a definition way too broad so we called it spanish, french, italian and a lot more

languages change user

It didn't die, it merely evolved into stronger languages now spoken by many more people than Latin ever was :^)

But seriously tho the decline of Rome in the west combined with collapsing literacy rates and vast migrant populations into Roman lands gave rise to all sorts of bastardized Romance languages

Why didn't Greek "evolve" and modern Greeks still can read Plato and Aristotle and Homer?

The commoners spoke a bastardized Latin to begin with. High Latin was mostly dead for most of Roman imperial existence.

Higher classes never died out. You also had the church alive and kicking.

High Latin was already an artificial jargon by the late Empire. This is evidenced by large amount of errors in writings from 3rd century onward. It was once thought that this is evidence of "decline" of culture. Rather, it's now seen that the cunts who wrote then simply emulated language of past ages which they didn't speak anymore.

Because spoken "Vulgar" Latin gradually changed into the various Romance languages. It didn't die, it just changed as all languages naturally do. Classical/Ecclesiastical Latin only survives in a minor way due to the prestige attached with it.

Finnish
Virtually unchanged for thousands of years

>that woman is not your wife
How to get Veeky Forums girlfriend?

She's reading an empty notebook

Greek and Khoisan want to have a word with you

well i am a greek and yes ancient greek are closer to modern and medieval greek(spoken at athe late period of ERE/byzantium)are even more understandable,but noone can read the source material without at least an index of vocabulary.verb forms maybe are undestood by a minority who learns at least good modern greek.They evolved alright but with some same rules so that many with a fine level of education can at least form some sentences in ancient greek.Mind you we are talking about the Koine (Κοινή) not about earlier versions.MAybe a bit of the Attic too.

cont. it evolved with bonds to the ancient and medieval forms so that an least be recognisable by the majority.for example old english are almost jibberish to native speakers of the english laguage

Latin went extinct in the same way that biological species ancestral to humans went extinct. Those species changed gradually over time, Latin changed gradually over time.

Why do you even think this, my man? The language isn't even recorded prior to the middle ages. All languages change over time

Greek is very different today than it was 1000 years ago. A lot of the sound changes from Ancient Greek to Modern Greek are masked by the phonetic writing system.
And stop pretending you have a clue about Khoisan.

have you never heard of the greek language revolution? they almost had a civil war over that shit

It didn't it evolved into the Romance languages and medieval Latin. If you're asking why it didn't stay the same, that's because no language does.

1. Removal from mandatory curricula.
2. As much as I hate to have to mention it, Vatican II.
3. The institution of the "Classical Pronunciation", as well as such classicism in general, alienating Latin from two thousand years of literature and live development, by far the more productive portion of its history.

Latin is still the official lenguaje of vatican city

>implying Khoisan isn't an argument
I'm not even him and I know that.

I hope your pic isn't related because that isn't a Latin girl.
She's from Ukraine.
I've never seen a Latin girl who looks like that.

It didn't die, it's survived by its old dialects.

Today most of the world speaks Romance/Latin languages

Why are you typing in the Latin alphabet?

im typing in qwerty australian english