I'm not sure if this is the right board for this but I need help lads...

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this but I need help lads. I got into a car accident and my insurance doesn't cover it, it only covers liable damage and not collision damage.

The accident happened in such a way that I was traveling southbound on a street with two lanes of traffic traveling in that dircetion when a woman pulled out of her apartment complex to go left (north) without paying attention and totaled my car.

A police officer arrived and ticketed her and not me, it's obvious who is at fault in my opinion.

Now her insurance is trying to get a hold of her to make a statement and she is dodging them, not answering phone calls or anything. They need her statement to dicern liability, but if she never answers then they just take away her insurance and I have to worry about getting the damages money from her myself and the insurance pays none of it.

Guys what the fuck do i do, someone destroyed my car and now I can't get money back to buy a new one, it was my only source of transportation, do I lawyer up?

pic related it's a car accident

Acquire lawyer, sue her insurers. Best of luck.

yes get a lawyer

One of the few times to legitimately lawyer up.

Lawyer up and claim soft tissue damage on top of everything else, it's completely indisputable

Her insurance is basically hoping that if they give you the run around that it will just go away, probably because thats what usually happens and it costs them nothing.

Threaten them with legal recourse and you will probably hear a change of tune. Her insurance HAS to cover your damage, plain and simple. There is zero chance they will fight you in court because they will get ass devastated there. A police report is the golden ticket and you have it so make sure to mention that part.

The fact they cant reach her is not your problem, its theirs.

doesnt it say in the police report who is at fault? in my country all the insurance company needs is a police report cause it says clearly you're the victim and they have to pay what that lady did to you.

if not, lawyer up, get some money together and file a lawsuit, you will win and you will get your money back + damages for your car, just ask untill you find the right lawyer

And yeah do this too. Its a jew move but fuck them for trying to jew you. Go balls deep and pump a load of hate into their ass for even considering trying to pull this shit with you. Make sure to see a doctor ASAP though so their is a paper trail to support your injury claim.

sorry friendo, hope it all works out

Where you from?

>soft tissue damage
I've told both insurance companies I was un-injured in the crash, it also happened a little over a week ago, I'm afraid that it's too late to do anything with that, and I feel like the only time lawyers give a fuck if there is an actual injury

>not popping a mad skid to avoid this entirely AND get pussy for looking like a complete bad ass

lmfao@urlife

the shitty thing is that I totally could've. and I like thought about it slightly while it was happening, it was all so fast and my only reaction was to close my eyes and slam on the breaks. I fucked up.

You have a 100% winnable case. It is literally impossible for you to lose. Threaten the other drivers insurance company with legal action. If they bluff and say go for it, then slam them. They will then try and give a settlement, dont take it. Keep pushing until they beg and give you an even bigger settlement and take that one. They will basically suck your dick when push comes to shove because they know they are FUCKED if the lawsuit finishes through court and finds them guilty, they will do anything to make sure it gets settled out of court.

I highly doubt it will make it to trial.

BTW do more research into soft tissue damage, im pretty sure it can manifest a bit after an accident and you could still slam them for that. Do your homework on that one though. How soon after the accident did you tell them this?

America, I live in Washington state.

I told their insurance company a few days after it happened, and then I just told my insurance company right now, but I just said 'it was fine' when she asked if there were any injuries I wasn't very responsive, it was non-commital.

We are required by LAW to have insurance for this exact scenario. Like the court system will rape you if you get caught without having insurance. You cant even register your car and have a license plate in my state without insurance.

The idea that the other insurance company can just pretend it didnt happen and say "oh shucks she didnt pick up her phone sorry" is retarded. Their entire purpose is to cover instances like this one. There is literally no fucking way they can get away with it, unless you let them and dont take them to court if you have to.

They are hoping you get intimidated by the whole process of having to find a lawyer and just say fuck it, or that youll find a way to have your own insurance cover you (which you cant because you dont have collision).

They are bluffing so hard and its dumb because you already know what cards they are holding and they all suck ass.

You can probably still jew them with soft tissue damage. Again, do some googlefu and look into it. Its an extremely grey area because theres no definitive way to assess soft tissue and prove it with evidence other than patient pain - and pain is extremely subjective between person to person. You could just go to a doctor and be like well it hurts more and more and im really stiff and i didnt want to be a wimp but now its unbearable.

It looks like you can nail them with it but again, do some research. If anything you could mention that when you sue the fuck out of them and likely sweeten your settlement at the very least.

How did this even happen? Did you to bone her? Did she pull out and hit your side? What kind of poorfag only has liability insurance?

>I've told both insurance companies I was un-injured in the crash

FUCKING

RETARD

She should have killed your retarded ass in that crash

It sounds like the bitch went to make a left and failed to yield to OP who had the right of way.

Technically OP could have been at fault but since there is now a police report that states the exact opposite it certainly is not in the eyes of the law. We can all be SonIamDisapoint.jpg all we want towards him for not pulling sik skidz but in the end the law is all that actually matters for him.

>can't register car without insurance
>can't get insurance on a car you don't own
>can't say you own a car until registration has been transferred
How the fuck does that work?

You contact the DMV and tell them you are buying a car. They issue a temporary plate and you call your insurance company and tell them the deal and they insure it for like a day so you can get it home. From there you get it insured and registers and get your new plates at the DMV soon as you give them the paperwork. And get raped by the few hundred dollar fee and taxes.

In reality, none of that shit happens other than the last part. Ive literally never heard of anyone doing it the right way. We all just slap our old plates on or plates from another car and drive it home. Ive gone from a state over this way with a car I bought and through tolls and shit and never heard anything about it so basically its never an issue unless a cop pulls you over. Where basically the cop can either rape you with tickets or understand the system is fucking retarded and let you go with a stern warning based on whether or not he had coffee that morning and his bitch wife sucked him off or not.

if he lied then he would have had to prove he is hurt. i remember somebody i knew "hit" a woman when he was backing out of his driveway. paramedics where called but she was too scared to get into the stretcher. that was dead give away she was lying.

Sorry for disappointing you dr. shecklestien.

this

Wow, that's pretty shit.

We have a government-run monopoly on insurance here (thus we also have the highest insurance prices in the country, possibly all of North America), but the transfer process is simple. You pick up a transfer form whenever, fill it out when you sell/buy. Buyer takes two pages, seller the third. You put your old plates on the new car, and take in the form within 10 days to transfer ownership. Insurance transfers over and you're done. Plates follow the driver here so you almost always keep them. Old insurance and plates are valid on just-bought cars for 10 days without submitting paperwork.

He would prove it by having a doctor assess him and say he is injured, generally by prescribing him physical therapy or pain meds or both. There is no way to prove someone had soft tissue damage, its not like you can take an xray of it like a broken bone. Its basically invisible unless youre cutting the guy open for surgery and im sure its still fudgy even then.

If he can get a doctor convinced, he is infact, in the eyes of the law, suffering from soft tissue injury. The flaw in this plan is he would need to argue in court that the injury is a result of the accident, which is the hard part. Luckily this is basically the bread and butter for shark lawyers who make their entire livelihood on these exact type of cases.

You know... maybe thats how it works. To be quite honest I really dont know for certain because I never could be fucked to deal with the torture that is the DMV unless absolutely necessary, which clearly in my experience it has not been.

>can't get insurance on a car you don't own

The fuck state do you live in?

get lawyer