Found this F150 with 115,000 miles going for $11k at a local dealer. It has the 5...

Found this F150 with 115,000 miles going for $11k at a local dealer. It has the 5.4l V8 and i've been doing some research on the engine and it seems they blew spark plugs or something?? I just need a reliable, semi new truck for DDing and some light off roading. CL is full of shit and everything toyota is expensive with nearly double the mileage of this Ford.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0irwbwpuEbQ
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5883125992.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5889074387.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5887760626.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5885336457.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want a F150 save up for a 10+. The 5.0 and egoboost are loads better then the 3v 5.4

Unless you like noisy cam phasers, 2 piece spark plugs (hopefully changed by 115k though) and exhaust manifolds that are routine maintenance.

Also,
>buying a car from a stealership
>ever

the ecoboost has a major fault
at 80k one of the valve clusters becomes caked in thick unremovable carbon.
it happens from a pcv valve leak directly into the center cylynders/valves

it requires new heads to repair, it is the only way
and all ecoboosts are effected by this.

doeosnt' it make more sense to buy something for 2.5k and put in a brand new reman engine from powersource engines and a reman transmission?

lmao found GM's marketing team

course you would need new ejectors and fuel pump and starter and alinator and whatever else shit. + driveline and suspension

but this essentially gives you a new vehicle for less than the cost of a mystery truck for 10 or 11000$ where anything can happen and you pay 10k just to lose the engine and or tranny

nigger please

youtube.com/watch?v=0irwbwpuEbQ

>valve clusters
>center cylynders
>ejectors
>alinator

Why do you need a truck? That would get shit mpg and you won't go off roading as much as you think you will. Post your local Craigslist.

I'm in Los Angeles, I cant find a single decent 4x4 with working AC/heat

How much can you spend? Cash or are you going to finance 11k like a fag?

im typing with an xbox one chatpad connected to my xbox one gamepad

im sprawled out in bed more comfy than possibly attainable by your dumb nigger monkey ass

eat shit

>not using a desktop or laptop or phone
>being a console peasant

whats wrong with valve cluster? thats what it is.

what are you supposed to call it? valve bank? valve group?

if i remember correctly the carbonation happens on both intake and exhaust on one or two cylinder heads

$4k cash or >$15k finance

plus new fuel pump and radiator to pair with that sweet engine from powersource.com

god damn the magnum 5.3/5.9 is only $2300

you can definitely spend 10-11k total on rebuilding a used truck much better than buying a used truck for 11k

frames dont rust out here in CA

chevy 5.7 new from GM is only 1900$ on jeggs.com
no tax free shipping

I don't have the space to work on building a truck desu. I barely have enough room to do basic maintenance on my bike!

What do you drive now?

an 08 Accord

>im so poor i have to browse the internet on my xbox

are you fucking stupid?

get a chebby

What's wrong with that? Just save money until you can buy something good with cash or can put down more on a newer nicer truck.

why does this generation of F150s hold so much value?

I actually went to a Toyota dealer today looking at the new Tacomas. For a lease, a LEASE they wanted $8k down and $300/month. Fuck that.

Ford wanted $5k down for $250/month for the XLT 4x4 2.7l V6 but that's with tier 1 credit and im tier 2

Why do people buy post cars for so much money with so many miles?

>friend bought 2005 accord with 130k for 7 grand
>another friend bought 2008 Taurus with 160k miles for 10 grand
>op looking at truck for 11k with 115k miles
>I'm sitting here with 3 reliable cars, all cost 1800-2200, 2 of which are under 80k miles with one prior owner and maintenance docs

because no such thing exists where I live

>tfw bought really good condition 4x4 truck from the original owner for 4k cash
>interior is perfect, doesn't leak even a drop of oil, v8 engine
>130k miles

why you wanna cuck yourself OP and live outside your means?

>all this GM shilling against the 5.4

friendly reminder

The transmission was the biggest issue for those years. Namely, no fill hole, no dipstick, no service. Drive till it pops, rebuild, repeat.

Sorry, but that motor has dual overhead cam heads, not those shit three valve heads. Those eat spark plugs. DOHC has not problem and will make 1000 hp easy

Except eating through the timing belt guides.

I have yet to find such a truck. I test drove some broncos but they all either have no AC or hard shifts or some other BS

I can believe it, I've yet to see a factory timing belt/chain tensioner that is of actual quality.

you're not looking hard enough.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5883125992.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5889074387.html

ml's can be surprisingly good off-road

losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5887760626.html

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5885336457.html

First one is sold already. I contacted the seller already.

Second one needs a new drive shaft plus whatever other BS seller isnt mentioning.

I do not want an old Merc SUV. Dont like the way they look nor would I ever trust it to even make it to a trail

>oh noes i'm afraid of repairs

MLs are pretty reliable. There's a reason you still see them around.

Fair enough, but I still think it's ugly