There is currently a First World country that uses Imperial as their measuring system

>There is currently a First World country that uses Imperial as their measuring system

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, what the fuck Britbongs, get with the times. The Empire is gone and it's never coming back.

This

It's like an island of attention-whores

Why?

damn

And they're also the only one to put a human being on an extraterrestrial body.

>There are currently people who still use the term First World outside of a specific historical context

*which they did using metric

Basically the world divided between people cucked by Napoleon or people who didn't get cucked by Napoleon. The latter are obviously the minority.

This "we put men on the moon" shit is getting old.

Of all the achievements of the space race, including shit like satellite technology, the actual act of putting a person on the moon is probably the least worth bragging about. It was an expensive way to wag your dick at the soviets, why not boast about the useful technologies that came about as a result of the space race?

We beat a contender for the greatest military commander ever fair and square on what was practically his home turf.

You lost to a fucking leaf and whimper that it was a draw to distract yourself from the ashes of the White House.

I'm not a fucking American you Mongoloid.

ITT jelly yuropoors

Reminder
>NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements
articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/01/news/mn-17288

Should have just kept it all in feet and miles.

Good defense there, my burger. I don't wish to downplay the US' achievement, it is in fact the opposite. But it was not an achievement of the imperial system.

>We

You better be Prussian.

It's an Anglo thing. Britain also does retarded shit with measurements.

After 6 wars and with his allies turning against him because he lost most of his army.
Wow so impressive. Couldn't even keep him on the island, you were so fucking bad

>The British beat Napoleon

TIHS IS MAH FAVRIT MAYMAY

america is not first world

More 3rd world countries use the metric system than 3rd world countries use Imperial.

even worse is that MONTH day year thing

absolutely disgusting

>Couldn't even keep him on the island, you were so fucking bad

do americans learn metric at all?

no

The imperial system is the difference between a country that hosts a sporting even that only scores 1 goal in 3 hours and a country that goes to the moon/fakes a moon landing.

lmao

kek

I learned it in college. I guess poor people just don't learn metric.

are they trying to fix this problem?

It's only used in chemistry and physics classes. Sometimes there are units like calories mixed in for chemistry classes though. We also use Kelvin for equations but Celsius for talking about temperatures during reactions, etc.

t. chemistry senior

Not really.

Public education works like this

We know that children need hours upon hours of play for them to learn. Public schools keep children at desks up to 8 hours a day and send them home with 2 hours worth of homework to ensure they stay sedentary. They also use things like "common core" which just teaches kids to take tests better. They don't teach the children practical skills like home economics or wood shop.This creates hatred of learning in the child and makes their metabolism shit unless the parents take active measures to keep their kid active. Then, when the child graduates, he applies to universities. He pays thousands upon thousands of dollars and accumulates tons of debt and is ejected into the world with little demand for someone who didn't major in a stem field.

At least that's how it works in FL. That's a big reason why you have to have money to afford a private education so the school employs methods that work.

Forgot to say that it really isn't that hard to adjust to thinking in metric for mass and distance but man, temperature is basically impossible for me to wrap my head around. If I step outside, I could probably guess the temperature in Fahrenheit within 5 degrees but i have no idea what the temperature would be in Celsius without doing a calculation.

the month/day/year thing makes sense.

it goes from smallest set of numbers to largest set of numbers

keep it simple america

I'd have thought they'd at least learn it.

Kinda like how they have to learn evolution at school but still believe in young earth creationism.

similar role to USA in ww2, ie industry and bankrolling the european armies in opposition to napoleon

>Americans need to be reminded what month it is first

It honestly just has to do with the way Americans speak.

We say, "August fifth."

Not, "fifth of August."

Bait, also this is now a realism thread.
This.

Americans learn and use metric but not in everyday life. The sciences, engineering, and medicine use metric exclusively except notably civic engineering and sometimes mechanical engineering, again because they concern the everyday.

America "officially" adopted metric in 1866 and "officially" required it since 1975 but it's almost entirely voluntary because
>muh freedoms

Bait? You could disagree with me but my comment is not inflammatory in any way.