I love to hate the corvette. It's such a piece of crap

I love to hate the corvette. It's such a piece of crap.

>Archaic pushrod single cam engine
>ECU cuts power after a couple highway pulls because the engine is so frail
>Archaic cross-plane crank design
>Can't even do 1 lap around the Nurburgring without crashing

Why is Chevy so far behind the curve?

The new NSX has a mid mounted TT V6 with electric motors, and looks extremely modern. The new Ford GT has a carbon frame and a mid mounted TT V6, sharing the beautiful and modern design cues that the NSX, 458 Italia, and other forward cars have. The GT-R is faster than the Corvette with a TT V6. The new GT350 has a flat-plane crank, meaning it will sound much better than the Corvette, and is just a better piece of engineering overall.

All of these cars look much better than the overdesigned, childish extrerior of the C7. The oversized belled quad exhaust tips, the ugly hexagonal brake lights, and everything else is just on another level below the current design language that other modern sports cars wear.

Why are there so many Corvette fans on Veeky Forums? It's such an inferior, cheap, and dated piece of engineering compared to other modern sports car.

I'd rather get an Evora 410 or an F-Type SVR, but the Corvette is still pretty great.

>cockpit interior, like a Supra
>brutal sounding NA V8 without soul-sucking twin turbos which dampen the noise, hurt throttle response, and ruin fuel economy
>doesn't force you into buying a boring automatic, manual available on all trims
>looks cool as fuck
>reasonably priced so anyone with a good work ethic can aspire to own one, no matter where they began

Reminder: every car that was faster than the C7 GS around Willowsprings costs 6 figures and has 600 or more horsepower.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Probably still faster than your car

that's not an argument

>taking motortrend lap times seriously
>believing that the average driver could even come close to that time

I love how europoors/3rd worlders cherry pick on one of the fastest cars of all time

Great argument
Yeah, like you don't spam lap times constantly

Boomers and idiots like it.
>Because muh nostalgia
Nowadays it's the only selling point because they don't want to scrap it and start afresh. Too risky money wise and it'll alienate their customer base: boomers and idiots who want muh straight-line acceleration and my V8aight powah and cubic inch means muh dick is bigger than yours.

Except Corvettes are faster on tracks than they are in straight lines

nice meme

>board clearly says 1:25.00
>no please use this outdated lap time

>implying modified corvette's count

Video proof where?

>changing rear caster, which is designed to be adjustable, is modifying

>Archaic cross plane crank
>archaic

Wut

>admits it was modified
cool, the gtr is still faster

>pigfat V8
get on with times grandpa, V6 is THE modern engine.

>implying Nissan doesn't change suspension settings for each track

Both are modified by your retarded logic, faggot

it wasn't modified though. it's a pack avaliable from nissan.

learn to read

They didn't changed the rear caster only, they changed the traction control settings

and they casually forgot a video

>gif

If the chevy was bleeding oil out its arse it'd be perfect

Rotflmao

good idea ill add it later

kek

now how about this?

op is really really insecure so be nice guys ;)

>Ford LITERALLY getting cucked

Alphonse won't recover from this

add some bright spots to the oil, it just looks like a shadow

better like this?
i dont have a GM car so i dont really know how oilspill looks like IRL

make the oil gray

maybe some other time, i have to do some digital circuits for tomorrow
ill just post another image i made sometime ago

bump

GM BTFO as usual recovery is impossible, they are not even trying anymore.

gm engineers fine tuned the traction control and damper settings both of which are not present on any factory specification corvette. just that single press car

and forgot the include the gtr :^)

>comparing the new nsx toy car to the corvette

bait thread

in other words they modified it

>>Can't even do 1 lap around the Nurburgring without crashing

How often do you personally drive the Ring and why do cars you don't drive matter?

(Fag)

A corvette is like an MX5 coming from the other direction. It's not really about being perfect in every sense. You listed several cars that accomplish that as a concept. It's built to be "fun".

It's totally legitimate of you prefer other more obsessively engineered performance cars. because I do too. If I had an unlimited budget right this second I'd be driving away in a Porsche Cayman 718. Is it the fastest car I can buy? Obviously not. Is it the most aggressive or technologically sophisticated car I can buy? Obviously not. I just like it. Midship turbo four banger, rear wheel drive. It's unique. It's "fun" for me.