/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 11th:
630 – Muhammad leads an army of 10,000 to conquer Mecca.
861 – Assassination of the Abbasid caliph al-Mutawakkil by the Turkish guard, who raise al-Muntasir to the throne. Start of the "Anarchy at Samarra".
969 – Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros II Phokas is assassinated by his wife Theophano and her lover, the later Emperor John I Tzimiskes.
1792 – French Revolution: King Louis XVI of France is put on trial for treason by the National Convention.
1905 – A workers' uprising occurs in Kiev, Ukraine (then part of the Russian Empire), and establishes the Shuliavka Republic.
1937 – Second Italo-Ethiopian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics-announced.986031/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_fg5amio4jU
strawpoll.me/11845625
victoria2wiki.com/V2_3_04_patch.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based.

Remember to pay for the games you play

Triggered, steamtard?

Based

Trips confirm the man above is indeed based

Based

Which of these three should my pops drink tonight, /gsg/?

>Cement
>Cattle
>Liquor

Had these 2 stacks

you sound triggered

pls

>You will never form a Japanese Nationalist group in the middle of Northern Alaska

user they need their everyday needs

How will half of /gsg/ ever recover?
youtu.be/_fg5amio4jU

Reposting from the last thread:

After polling opinions, the general consensus for the next AAR is either DH or HoI3. I've put together a poll with options here:

strawpoll.me/11845625
strawpoll.me/11845625
strawpoll.me/11845625

The reason I've decided to include an "other" category with Kaiserreich is because there are so many viable starts, and if Kaiserreich seems like the winner confining to Germany/Qing doesn't seem very reasonable.

This won't necessarily be the final determiner--if some choices are close or there seems to be a general game preference I might do a run-up poll--so this poll is partly just to help me get a feel of what opinions are at this point.

Keep in mind that I probably still won't have time over vacation (IE the next three weeks or so) to do the AAR unless HoI3 Nationalist China wins the vote, because everything else will take too long and will still need to wait until June. Even Nat. China might take too long, but we'll see.

How?

wyte

Pretty much. Geopolitics for the US are "Flavor of the Month" diplomacy.

>That was like 2007-10 shit, old news

Yeah, that was at least several years back. Pretty sure the most rampant of it was in the late 20th century, 1960s - 1990s.

>That's even funnier. Nobody even fucking wants it. Not the nobodies in villages, not the old guys, not the kids in the best uni in the country. Nobody cares about 'having a voice' because the country is being run fine as it is.

That's pretty much the impression I've gotten out of taking a Chinese Politics class at uni (though the professor was trying to sprinkle it up as "but MAYBE they MAY want it at some point").

>Didn't we hack the pentagon or something
>ebin stuff there

Something like that, yeah. It's pretty much "DUH CHINESE/RUSSIAN HAXXORZ". I don't think we'd honestly give a shit unless China stole top secret files or fucked with Wall Street, though.

>I'm not sure but I'm going to guess that's because most of them are underage edgelords, and I do mean edgelords, not even nerds - nerds are studying. They're almost universally the shitty jocks and chads, the ones that think they're cool for griefing and, key point, don't fucking grow out of it by the time they're twelve.

I don't know, man, but you can't have a good international multiplayer game without Chinese (and Russians) shitting it up. In MMOs, you're pretty much known as gold farmers, and in literally anything else, Chinese (and again, Russians) are known to hack and shit up servers. And it almost always seems to be the Chinese (and Russians). Not even memeing here about "muh America-China-Russia rivalry".

It has to be edgelords, I couldn't see anyone sensible being that much of pieces of shit.

so, where can I download patch 3.04 for vicky

DH has more political stuff but HoI3 has a lot more military stuff.
Which do you want to play? I'll vote for that as i'm happy with either and the more you personally want to so it the less likely you'll bitch out and abandon it.

we /benelux/ now boys

what in the FUCK is this tldr shit

here's a link: www.com

It's linked every fucking day, you nonce.

Ended up getting so many Japanese immigrants that one province in the Northwest Territories had a majority of Japanese immigrants.

>Waaagh, I'm illiterate, spoonfeed me

victoria2wiki.com/V2_3_04_patch.zip

Rate plz

dont click its virus

How fucked am I?

If I could make a suggestion go for Nationalist china in DH. The reason being is they have a crap ton of events and choices including a mini game of sorts of beating the commies early. If you do that join the allies and help retake Europe. One of my most recent games I did that and barely managed to push back the tides in africa before marching through iran into the Caucasus and liberate Europe. Shit was fun.

Pretty shit desu. Although
>Greater Armenia
>Greater Assyria

yes pls

Give Armenia Minor to Greater Armenia, though.

>going full danube
>not taking everything down to thessalia
lad..

Totally every great power is against you. If the war does come simply wait for the treaty of whatever its called to white peace the war after about 10 years or so.

I don't bitch out and abandon my AARs. Granted, I've only done two so far, and the CK2 AAR did end early, but it did so because I got OP, and it was ended more-or-less by popular consensus. If something gets voted for, I'll play it. It might wind up with me just getting stomped if it's a rough start like Nat. China, but I'll still do it to its logical conclusion.

It sounds like it. If you want me to go for that, just vote for one of the two vanilla DH options. Like I said, this poll isn't necessarily final, and if one particular game gets a lot of attention, even if it doesn't win I'll probably note that and do another poll with it included.

80% of this will not be accomplished

>I don't bitch out and abandon my AARs
Nobody said you did, you overreacting redditor. Jesus, you're cancerous. Take that trip off, you're not on /r/paradoxplaza now, you know.

If I'm playing US do I really have anything to gain be sending Perry's expedition to Japan? It seems like it just helps them westernize faster and then they become a GP and break out of my sphere.

BRING BACK BILGE
R
I
N
G

B
A
C
K

B
I
L
G
E

There are currently 18.56 million Romanians living within Romania. Genocide has been conducted regularly since the 1880's and has done a pretty good job of clearing out the minorities. There are also an additional 112k Romanians living in the Romanian Congo (which I released as a puppet to hopefully encourage all of my migrants to go solely to the genocided territories).

>needing a trip for an AAR
We're really in decline. Go fuck yourself attentionwhore.

>it's a "redditor tries to become an e-celeb" episode
Where's do we vote for you to fuck off back?

Fuck off autists. Trips make it easier to find him in previous threads. Not to mention he actually on topic content, unlike autists like you two.

How many layers of irony are you on

it crashed again anyone else want to join the rehost?

Oh look, you took your trip off! See how easy that was, you failed abortion?

Ah, so now you turn the trip off. KEK.

rehost when

Back up

mp m8s please

>only 2 reforms
I usually get that by 1480. Did you not take back your territory? Did you lose Burgundy to someone else?

coming hold on

altist here,i'm going to sleep now and won't join this time, good game tho

How is this in any way ironic?

stop bullying him you fucking autists

Nice try. Now fuck off back to your steamcord.

>him
>he
It's actually "me" and "I" when you're referring to yourself.

actually it hasn't been since the games got removed from the mega but nice try at flaming
xD epic

Why does this idiot think doing an AAR warrants a trip? This has never been an issue until he came and decided he wanted to be an e-celebrity.

See

ding ding ding

how do I stop reactionaries

I mean honestly, while it doesn't warrant a trip it also kind of merits one.

ALTIST where are you m8

>playing the most white and based nation on Earth

>l-look i can use MSpaint
We're not fucking children, reddit.

See

Thanks, friend. Have a (you).

Autocracy?
Become gommie/fascist and get rid of the blacks?
Liberty/equality is shit, because factors for assimilation are rare and if you aren't America you dont get immigrants hardly.

Actually, it was literally a week ago.
Now you can apologise like a man or ignore me like a coward, it's your call.

Order is autocracy with none of the shit.

It doesn't have ruling party support.
I might go full meme and try and make this a bourgeois dictatorship.

Poland wrecked my shit at some point and I focused on retaking the italian provinces into the realm. Also declared wars to convert half of the
HRE back to catholic. I mean I could pass the third reform, but I'd need to put the entirety of hungary inside the HRE. Burgundy still has fucking brabant for some reason, should've stomped them harder when I had the chance, at least they're at my side obn this religious shitfest.

Does autocracy have any special requirements like be muslim or have low literacy?

You don't, go for productivity and fund your army 100% until you westernize.
t. literally just played as Egypt

How does genocide work in vic2?

No.

>burgundy is still alive
You didnt make them explode yet?

pls crash
pls crash
pls crash
pls crash

Damn, wont be able to get to that. I took the ali reforms. I thought it would end after i slapped the roaches ass in the first war, but that -40% is killer. Productivity makes the most sense, but Egypt has shit industrialization aside from crashing the liqour market if they have enough glass/coal they can import.

Is console the only way to cleanse ethnic minorities

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
these cunts did shitall in the war and then get millions of pajeets and nigs
how is this acceptable

what mod

HPM has genocide decisions if you're fascist, absolute monarchy or communist

when does fascism appear?

>Have a son destined to be heir
>Grooming him like I want, everything according to keikaku
>Have a second son
>Chaplain suspects he's a demon spawn
>Wife becomes unfaithful after he's born
>My heir dies mysteriously one night
>Demon child becomes heir and probably looks forward to the day I die
Man this kid is fucked
Hope I live to see the day that he's old enough to be assassinated

Play along and see what happens

I took the Ali reforms too, but you can westernize by the same year by making good use of conquest RPs. I took the foreign universities reform by 1852 IIRC.
I'm not quite sure, but I think the basic rule for conquest RPs is that you want to conquer a populous region, not quite sure if said region was from a primitive or fully westernized nation matters much.

What start date did you start in? 33 or 36?

this

I think I got a ton when I grabbed baghdad.
Russia is currently allied with roaches, so can't do much of anything right now until crimean war kicks off.

what reforms should i focus on when starting egypt?

33. Also as a slight warning if you think its a negative if you do beat the commies early you can unite China early and be very strong when Japan invades. But when Japan invades your units get massive negatives for about 6 months which make it near impossible to hold at the border.

Nope. They managed to kick France's ass somehow alongside with Liege. Too scared of triggering the league war to do anything about them now.

I went with foreign universities > land reform > education > railroads, but you could also try getting the last military reform to max conquest RPs (with Egypt's starting reforms, you only get 75% of them).
Russia not only allied but also sphered the Ottomans in my game. Luckly enough, France sphered me in my independence war.
Even though they cucked me out of Tunisia after I forcefully released it from the Ottomans by myself, refused to help me in the devastating war against the British, reduced my tariff income by 3/4s and nearly built the fucking Canal, they probably saved me from the Russians.

you can't stop me from being a pedophile Podcat

>implying anyone uses MS Paint for these
ello reddit

wew
gommies or exterminate chinks?

gommunism

exterminate chinks

welp

Embrace buddhist gommunism then exterminate the chinks

>they'll all work together
top tier game mechanics right there