Because...WE

Big fans of The Wire

WUZ

Aryans

Combo breaker

Shit stale memes are shit and stale.

It was good user, but I think the Romans had that down pat

colosal heads

That's a subjective opinion and not an objective fact. Both are of equal cultural value in the eyes of logic, and one can not supersede the other as superior and the inverse.

The olmec jade masks are amazing

Daily reminder that there are actual people who unironically think the Olmecs came from West Africans, Israelites, or Chinese.

exhibiting an extraordinary command of the extremely difficult-to-carve stone medium, Olmec jade objects were of preference translucent blue green in color and were unsurpassed in the ancient Americas for compact, symmetrically balanced, three-dimensional form, and elegance of surface detail. Complex imagery characterizes Olmec sculpture in jade.

Anyone know what the Olmecs relations were like to the Preclassic Zapotec and Tlatilco civs?

MAYANS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's Olmec though.

On a serious note, did slavery scar Africans Americans as a people so much that they have to attach themselves to every ancient civilization that's ever existed?

The face you make when blacks say the olmecs were africans

at the side of tanned hobbits

There are also people who think all civilizations were 'Aryan' ones.

The Wrestler is an ancient basalt statuette that is one of the most important sculptures of the Olmec culture. The near life-size figure has been praised not only for its realism and sense of energy, but also for its aesthetic qualities.
The figure wears only a lightly outlined loincloth, leading to the supposition that the statuette originally was dressed in ritualistic clothing that has perished with the passage of time

every shit tier society does this, the worse they are the bigger their claims
same reason Koreans have such batshit historical conspiracies.

desu with genetics were can fairly accurately tell where ancient people came from in many cases, that plus archaeology for a long time has shown a cultural continuity between Europe and Eurasia/the Near East.

Imagine finding this!

>monument_to_patriarchy.jpeg

Admittedly that is a very impressive piece of art compared to its contemporaries, and even by modern standards.

I would love a replica of that and set it up right at my front door so I could freak people out when they first come in, that and with a bit of light decoration it's a bitchin' Halloween decoration.

these are awesome thank you

And?

Olmec became amazing only because of Legends of the Hidden temple

now that's awesome

I've seen enough JoJo to know what is going on here.