/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Mrrraou/waithax
github.com/blawar/dwhax/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Coldboot haxchi should've probably been added to the OP for Wii U news.

Just got out of prison again, I was in for about two years. I still have Gateway, what do I need to do to get up to date?

Best RPGs to download on 3DS? Any ones other than the obvious EO, Bravely Default and so on? I've been playing Final Fantasy Explorers. Pretty standard MH clone. I'd like something more narrative.

I am debating if I should fill my 128gb card in my 3DS with as many games as I can. Or if I should swap down to a smaller card (for boot time) and only install games id actually play/want to play.

Read the OP.

Protip: You're gonna ditch the Gateway and be glad you did.

What were you in for?

Hacking my Wii.

Domestic abuse
It's a lot to take in at once but I'll try
Thank God, fuck this stupid piece of shit

>not updating the OP to include waithax and the dsiware implementation that goes alongside to it
github.com/Mrrraou/waithax
github.com/blawar/dwhax/releases

where can I find the files for saltysd sun moon like instant text speed and not outlines,etc?

Is it possible to do a system transfer from a non-hacked 11.2 N3DS to an A9LH 11.2 N3DS? What about vice-versa?

I want to have essentially a copy of my legit N3DS with Hourglass, and transfer it back after the 1 week limit. I plan on keeping my legit N3DS legit and hack-free.

so what exactly does this mean? Is it like cfw/alh9 is better or worse?

Alright guys I got cfw what should I download

The latter.

dwhax does NOT work yet
needs to be edited.

god damn ,why does Puyo Chronicle have to cost so much. either way i bought it, uploading titlekey now.

It's for latefags.

alh9

It's for devs only right now. But of course you don't mention that. If there is even one dev who gets their news here it is basically worse than depending on a comedy show for political buzz.

>armloaderhax9

I tried installing the exploit again and this time the homebrew launcher started up instead of the subwars game, so it looks like I am good to go.

Another question popped up, though.

For the ctr-httpwn steps I need to open up the homebrew launcher using the browser steps (I'm on 11.0.0), and there's a callout to make sure that menuhax is not installed. So this means I skip those steps on the homebrew launcher browser steps, yeah?

alh9

How is a news about it possibly coming out sooner than we previously thought "devs only"? Fuck off.

dweeb

It was always thought to be slated for mid to late december. Which we are getting right into.

I updated my 3DS to 11.2.0-35 and now I can't install CIAs. What is the piracy method on 11.2.0-35?

Two years for domestic abuse? What did you do, genuinely try to kill her? Third offense? Or a shitty lawyer?

Does someone have an already compiled Salty SD for US region? Being lazy. I'll draw you something of you have a link.

I'll also draw you something if you have links to these

Literally has to be developed.

11.2 when?

Why the latter?

Third time, same woman. Threw some knives at her, then I beat her with a bat.

>mid to late december
Wrong. Very late December (after 33c3) to January.

you might belong in prison, user

Oh boo hoo, take her side why don't you. Fuck women, and fuck white knight pieces of shit like you.

How did you do it before?

u can probably bring your hacked 3ds into therapy sessions if you ask nicely

best gba emulator for the vita?
mgba or retroarch?

Through FBI

How are they suppose to do this if they need to updated to go online, and to go online without updating u need homebrew and to need homebrew u need qr code and to need that u get the updated to go online to use qr code

Kinda proving the point there, aren't ya? Maybe work on that, cause violence isn't cool no matter who it is.

will my n3DS on 11.0 still be hackable if I use its browser to connect to hotspot login pages,basically click the little button to connect to public networks and hotspots. since I want to go online with my Sun for trades and such. just want to know just in case beforehand for browserhax and or other hacks/exploits

Because you're going to overwhelm yourself with games otherwise. Why load more than you want to play or could even humanly play? 32GB is enough for 10-15 games at once. There's no need to juggle that many, let alone more than that.

You can by all means make the next OP about this thing nobody can use yet

Bitch ate all my fried chicken. How else should I react?

how many druids are in this image? i found 3

Oh, well that's a perfectly good reason to choke a bitch.

Work on what?
>Violence isn't cool no matter who it is
You saying you wouldn't beat the shit out of David Duke?

I have 64gb and I'd say I have too much. I've had about 30 games on here that I haven't even entered opened yet for about 4 months.

homebrew launcher freezes whenever I touch anything. anyone know how to fix?

anyone?

Which presidential candidate do you think each 3DS homebrew dev supports?

>install rednand on Wii U
>install game on rednand
>game also appears on sysnand

What happens if I boot the game on sysnand? I'm too afraid I might brick if I try to.

5 hrs

>anyone but trump

Other than having to organize everything whats the downside to just grabbing everything and sitting on it?

if you have any other exploit installed you can use that instead of menuhax, since cttrhpwn doesnt work with menuhax.

a primary would be best, like ninjhax since its installed on the cartridge instead of the system.

Would my Pokemon moon save from a CIA version of the game work with an actual retail cartridge? I plan on actually buying it to support the game and it would be nice if I could use my current save data with it. I have JKSM but it doesn't seem to work with the game. This is annoying because I wanted to use the save editor. It works fine with my mh4u cartridge though.

I have no idea who that is.

anyone?

So there's a romhack now for sun/moon. Anyone know how many mons you can catch yet? I know the dev said not 802 (yet) but he said most are already catchable. Also how the fuck do you use garcs + ips files with luma, do you really need saltysd whatever the fuck that is

following the guide on 9.9 2DS

browserhax is crashing
even tried toggling wireless settings on/off like some people claim works

Starting from scratch so no settings are in the way, unless it's the default ones.

That dude just compiled it, that wouldn't do shit besides finish after doing nothing

what's "garcs"? and I thought ips files were to patch rom hacks or something like that, unless that .ips is/was the file extension for patched roms, I don't remember, though

what the fuck is this?

Everytime I boot the game Sadame on my n3ds I go to the 3ds screen that shows up before the game is set to boot but it sticks there infinitely.

Also everytime I boot FTPD it's stuck at the homebrew splash screen.

"Running extended code with luma
- Download the luma nightly release and update ur luma (just overwrite ur old armloaderhax.bin with the new one in the download)
- Create folders called SD:\\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\ (0004000000164800 for Pokemon Sun users)
- paste code.ips
- create folder called SD:\\SaltySD\sunmoon\ and place the "a" folder from the GARCS.zip in there."

That's the guide from the rommaker so I dunno man seems like it uses garcs and .ips

are we able to dump ps4 games like we can with 3ds games?

no

Should still work. Are you on A9LH? Do you have freeshop installed?

How about you... just try to do what it says? You pretty much just need to paste files in two different folders and run a program on the 3DS. Is it really that hard?

well shit
thanks

Anyone have the Star Sapphire CIA with the banner fix?

Well I don't know what saltysd was so I figured I need some shit other program. Doing it now

The downgrade we've been waiting so patiently for. It's almost here.

wait you dont need to do something related to a code.bin? I don't see a compiled version of saltysd to use anywhere.

slowhax?

SOS

I still can't get it to work. I tried deleting and replacing the starter pack files, but still it just loads the page about a third of the way, then freezes and bumps me back out to the home menu. I followed the links in the guide so I'm doing everything exactly to spec. The only thing I can imagine I'm doing wrong is using a microsd instead of a regular one, but it passed the checks the guide suggested.

Christmas is ruined. Send help.

any game I downloaded from freeshop won't start any fix?

Former leader of the KKK
Supports Trump

are you 3ds system transfer downgrading? Why do you have menuhax, it barely works

use browserhax, a workaround for 11.0 was released a week ago

lol

everything that you take for granted in your decadent modern life was gifted to you from other men's violence

violence has been the forefront of every innovation, every discovery, every everything since the dawn of time

sissy anime boys pls go

I wonder how many of them committed sudoku after he became president.

crimson shroud is a fun short one made by yasumi matsuno. don't know if you can dig it though. bought it a couple years ago for like 3 bucks

Are there steps the guide doesn't mention? I miss the old guide.

Yeah I was just confused cause the browser hax instructions mentioned installing menuhax in the last steps but I skipped it.

I am doing the transfer now, opted to go for the wireless instead of the PC transfer and it's taking a while because I didn't fully understand how the PC transfer worked... was it just a matter of dragging the contents of the source SD card to the desktop, taking that out, inserting the target SD card and copying the contents?

If so, I might have goofed.

>war is normal so therefore I'm entitled to beat people up
Great logic, stupid thug

ask in the morning

anyone have the code.ips for pokemon moon?

ja PC transfer is much faster though with new3ds you'd have to unscrew to get at the sdcards

im not the wifebeater btw

It's not logic, it's fact. You are living a facade, a dream world that is maintained by policemen and soldiers willing, and have, to commit and committed violence on your behalf

by disavowing violence, you are admitting your powerlessness to defend even your most basic rights

only a thug uses direct violence. The way to do it is u either poison someone dox them or get their info and attack them anonymously. Or better yet you get someone else to do it for you

Wow we have a 14 year old kid that's just got stoned for the first time here.

But I work in the morningish time. I'm just trying to give my nephews an awesome Christmas present man. I don't even get a normal crash. It loads the page a third of the way and then freezes.

>ja PC transfer is much faster though with new3ds you'd have to unscrew to get at the sdcards
Yeah, I've had the back panel unscrewed this whole time preparing to do the transfer, so that would have been fine.

From what I read I thought the instructions said to transfer from 1 sd card to another directly using 2 readers and I only had one. I guess that wasn't the case... heh

>sissy anime boys
You mean the same sissy anime boys that got Trump voted in as president? Yeah, definitely powerless

Is the newest luma nightly safe to use?

no no no

that was single childless anime masturbators

sissy anime boys are a different concept entirely.

Actually, I wonder.

The guide says to use the auto hax loader, but the browserhax site says that only works on 10.1+ and that only sliderhax supporrts under that.

ooohhhhh
I see. I understand now.
disregard my previous post user