So are we at the point where buying pic related is better than buying a 240sx etc.?

So are we at the point where buying pic related is better than buying a 240sx etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7vsQpNcIDq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

240sx is better than the 350z in every way.

Pretty much, too bad early VQ35 suck dick

except looks sound handling speed interior and reliability

Both are equally shit.
Scumbags

this

Them animes fuckin with peoples heads. 350z is superior in every way, assmad gm fangirls aside.

>cuck doesn't post the image

kek, whats the matter, you get getting btfo by the janny?

BUT MUH PIG FAT

MUH ANIMEMES SENPAI

Meh. Its just a warning.
Report me again crybaby scumbag

Mines having issues as of right now :(

>assmad GM fangirl literally doing what he is told

kek

this 2 gud

You didnt even tell him to do anything.
>expecting tripfags to be smart

2800 pounds vs 3500 pounds... is this even a question?

>all this assmad

MUH DORIFTO MISSILE

240SX are floppier than a flapjack in a hurricane and about as powerful by today's standards

>floppier than a flapjack in a hurricane
had a good kek thanks

>comparing 240sx to the z33

americans are weird

I like Z33s, the HR motor in the later ones are pretty awesome and really makes the car shine. I also really appreciate the Z33 Nismo and that the chassis was custom seam welded by the team that helps prep the Super GT cars.

>Them animes fuckin with peoples heads.
You're super wrong on that one, anime would make people think the opposite. Almost every S-chassis driver in Initial D is a poser. I wonder if that's on purpose.
>Iketani (S13) from Akin Speed stars - ready to shit himself in Dagumi's car, constantly crashes when tries to go fast. drags his ass doing skids
>Kenji (180) - probably even worse than Iketani, never does anything and afraid to race Keisuke
>Kenta (S14) - project D's fuckboy, drives truck for them instead of racing, thinks he can beat Dagumi by racing in rain
>guys who made fun of AE85 (180 and S13) - have to use handbrake to "drift", scratch their car by being sloppy, passed by AE85
>Two guys from Tokyo - actually have their basics down, so they're not too bad, but they still only did some training on track and think they're hot shit - posers (and passed by AE85)
>S15 guy - shits himself in the fog and gives up

>Bonus: Takeshi - had S13, gets so butthurt about his shitty driving he blames everything on the car, buys GT-R and keeps losing

Mako is the only good one.

>he actually watched initial d
shiggy diggy

Autism

Vq35de revup, with cams and longtube headers. It's more like the new fox body. Driving a stock 240 is horrible compared to a 350z. 07-08 had the hr. 06 and some 05s has the revup, has better rod bolts, variable exhaust cam added. Higher rpms. 03-05 have the de.

06+ have better transmissions, hid head lights, led tail lights, among other improvements. Interior is nicer. You will not be able to work on one if you are a retard. Parts are expensive due to it being a nissan.

>a fucking v6

What is that thing holy shit

Did someone rip the shell of a armadildo

Impact Blue had a Sileighty and were breddy good though.

Yeah, I said Mako was good.

Why do they feel so heavy numb and big

They're not any of that but they just feel awkward driving them coming from a S2000

>tfw u are literally iketani

Feels bad man..

I own an 04 350z, and I fucking love it. It doesn't feel that heavy, but just enough to separate it from the light duty R/C car feel of the inferior 240sx.
Things I love:
>looks amazing from a side profile
>enough power to cut the wheels anytime
>only 2 seats
>non car people love it
>actually really reliable
>interior design is really different

Pic related, my car

S13 240 owner here, have yet to drive a 350z, but I have driven a FRS.

But I can weigh in, the 240sx has a small wheelbase, is much lighter, and much more bare bones. Driving it is really easy, but its a little lackluster, the 350z has that nice VQ35 engine, miles ahead of the KA24, and is way more sturdier, if you do want a not-so-floppy 240 don't get an s13.

Today? No, unless you have a lot of money. A 240 is better hands down "hooning" wise, its only costs 40 bucks to have someone weld your diff or you can do it yourself.

Those wheels are fucking terrible and you should feel bad.

As compared to the usual gold bling-bling wheels I see on 350z's around town

sorry to rain on your parade but those are poor tier wheels. Get some RPF1s, nice and lightweight.

There goes all my self-esteem

don't worry, you know what needs to be done

I think the vq has a nice exhaust note and I'm excited at the prospect of slapping one into my s30 rust bucket

it is up to personal preference.

People really want either or, you'll rarely find anyone whos torn between the two at which case they'll take one which is a better deal.

I dunno, which one is cheaper to own? 350 won't be as old and busted, but S-chassis will have much cheaper parts and is mechanically simpler.

Cry more normie scum

240sx will never sound as good as a 350z. Can buy a well maintained z for less than a riced out 240sx. Mine should turn 7500-7700 rpms with these cams when I tune it. Changed out rod bolts with arp.

370 looks so much better.

there is no point, the engine displacement is huge so tax/insurance is retardedly high plus its a fat slow piece of shit. People who have bought these are actually insane, any modern Z series is GARBAGE.

hey lad it's aight just fit a new pair and it looks great

>interior design is really different
you mean shitty

>Everyone not the main character loses
You don't say?

>Looks amazing from side profile
It's bubbly as fuck...

>t. Busrider

> the 240sx has a small wheelbase

What? People drift in S13s over other cars of the same period because they have a slightly longer-then-normal wheelbase for the time. Makes the car more stable mid-drift. It's shorter than the 350Z, sure, but it certainly isn't a small wheelbase either. Just right.

240sx is far easier to work on than the 350. Lots of engine bay room, parts are cheaper and more accessible

also aftermarket support for 240sx is insane because of its cult following

but if you want a car that stock isn't a piece of shit theres literally no reason why you would need to buy a 240sx when 350zs are nearly as inexpensive theses days

>aftermarket support for 240sx is insane
And because it's a 30 year old platform.

Looks are about the same, imo. Interior though is a huge improvement in the z34.

my first guess would be naked mole rat?

350Z

Pros:
>Same price as average not fucked 240SX while being 15 years newer
>Better chassis than Z32 or S series cars.
>can be bought from old people who are getting over their midlife crisis purchase instead of snapback instagramming "drifters"
>Nismo and Track models very good handlers out of the box
>Eurobeat doesn't seem out of place while driving

>Cons
>Paint quality is terrible due to Nissan switching to more eco friendly stuff
>Interior design is meh
>Numerous QC issues with window motors, sensors, and other small trim pieces, especially in early run cars
>VQ35 jack of all trades master of none, not great on revs, torque, HP or reliability, but not bad either, does not inspire confidence or deliver performance that the car's looks imply
>Fuck hueg rear strut brace means what could have been a decently usable cargo area can now barely handle an overnight bag.

Been thinking about either getting a 350z or a g35. Around the same price 5-8k. Been told to get the g35 for the extra space but idk i like the looks of the 350 way better. Thoughts?

350. Every dudebro who's 'into cars' buys a g35.

That was the other thing leaning me towards the 350. That and the ugly fucking g35xs make me mad and idk y but they make me not want the coupe

350 will look fine as well and they really are the same tier performance wise.

how was the frs compared to 240?

Z33 nismo makes my penis go waku waku

They ditched those long backlights smeared over the car for much better looking ones, pronounced arched also make it look more dynamic and less blobby. The front is a bit overdesigned, buit it's also more intreresting.

>No turbo option
Just get a S13/14

I wish the 350 and 370 weren't so ugly. They look like frog cars

Actually, now that I look more carefully, the arches are probably the same. The backline is much better on 370 though.

Well, they are by Renault-Nissan after all.

Holy shit, that Supra. Saved.

If you want a 2800 lbs car you can get an S2000, or Boxster, or RX8, etc.

Yes we are at this point now. Same with G35's. Now is the time to transition.

youtube.com/watch?v=7vsQpNcIDq0

Nah bro. 350Z was infinitely better. Even from the very stitch welding and frame reinforcement.

I'm not a big fan of the barbed lights, especially in the front view. I think the Z33 has a much subtler and modest styling that I like better, but I agree that the back rake/side profile in the Z34 looks a lot nicer.

Actually S13/S14 aftermarket support is dwindling these days with Japanese original parts and manufacturers quitting the platform all together due to Chinese fakes as well as the general age of the platform.

Most are moving on to GT86 and 350Z/370Z/GTR with the likes of HKS and Cusco. The 350Z is the next 240SX with lots of aftermarket available for it now as well as easy bolt ons for the motor like turbo kits. At the price 240SX are going for these days, especially fuccbois crashing them, you might as well get a Z.

Bow down to the real Z car side profile.

>rip paul walker sticker

I think a good way to improve next Z-car (and other performance cars) would be to ditch the backseats like on the older S30 and S130. Move the driver further back, more weight to back, better ballance, longer hood, put the engine further behind the front axle, again better balance. I mean Miata is great, I would love a similar hatchback

>ditch the backseats like on the older S30 and S130
Zs came in 2+2 option through the first 4 generations.
The 350z and 370z are only 2 seater.

>longer hood
No point anymore since inline 6 is obsolete and V6 allow for more compact room. Either way Nissan has just liked cramming stuff together ever since the Z31.
>more weight to back
The Zs IRS means they have a bit of weight in the back but because of their IRS design they feel sorta light and tail happy anyways.

OP the 350z is reaching its lowest point in value. You can get them sub 10k and its not that old to have old car problems, you know, like rust which is a problem on old Nissans and S chassis.

>The 350z and 370z are only 2 seater.
Well shit, didn't actually know that.

yeah man sorry bad taste. Rota Grids maybe?

>Tries to discuss something
>Doesn't even know the most basic things
Really about sums up Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general

S15 chassis/ suspension > 350Z chassis/suspension

>muh huge power V6

Just get a pony car

Baby wombat, it hasn't gotten it's fur yet, or alternately a jew.

It's not.
Not even a little bit.

>Being taxed on engine displacement
Get out of your shit-tier yuropoor country.

Heathen.

Actual Volk Rays

That's a really cute trap

>he gets displacement taxes
>he can't even afford a measily 3.5L

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA