What do you think when you see middle aged people doing minimum wage work?

What do you think when you see middle aged people doing minimum wage work?

That they failed in life somewhere?

>middle aged

In my shit hole you see people with 60+ years working minimum wage everywhere.

Shit any time I see a middle aged person making less than 60k I try to take note of what they're doing/ have done, cause it's a failure and something I don't want to wind up joining them in.

I always talk to old woman working in the supermarket.
They are really sweet and lonely often.

Plus the are amazed when they get a ride in my Lambo and step in my Jaccuzi.

I am the guy who told Roger Ver to get into Bitcoin

I try to avoid older cashiers at the grocery store because they depress me and are generally slower than their younger counterparts.

That they're probably better workers than the shithead millennials they work with, but can't keep up with younger people physically.

There's a bunch of them where I work, and they gravitate to physically easy jobs along with the idiot millennials. That leaves a bunch of us in the middle doing all the hard physical labour.

The older people are mostly just waiting out their retirement somewhere not so stressful. One guy's retiring in a few years, spent most of his career working on the railways, and has ended up almost deaf from it. Anything that requires you to be young and on the ball and pass physicals generally drops older workers back into the service sector, so they drive delivery vans and get jobs on the less physical stuff for their children and grandchildren.

They are either bored retirees working an easier job than what they used to do in order to occupy their time, or they fucked up bad.

I assume they're lonely and looking to get laid.

>Hillary supporters
Laugh and throw things at them

Enjoy your $15/hr poorfags we're not raising that shit again ever

If they're white, middle-aged, and working a low-paying job, the chances are 65-35 that they voted for Trump

>i think i know how politics work

If you are over the age of 25 and not making at least $35 an hour, you are human trash

I guess you think wed be better off without the vast majority of labor then, huh?

Pretty hard to run a business without a workforce.

Say hello, buy what I came in for, make a joke and say goodbye to my fellow citizen and walk away.

Retired and looking to keep busy, part owner, or just a failure

I know a guy like that. He's rich, retired, just keeping busy.
But I think most people working like that are the opposite of him.

How's it feel to be a retard? Does it hurt? Did you have to try at it or were you born that way?

It's stupid to make any judgement until you talk to someone unless they are doing absolute shit work.

You can find a lot of very smart people who don't care much about money doing things they love which happen to not pay well.

Not much

that they got scammed by the jew and are now penniless.

bet the economy screwed them over hard at some point unless it's a second job

I feel so saddened deep inside.

I feel guilty beyond belief. I wish all humans could be uploaded into a computer, and live out lives of luxury and joy. Then I wish the second law of thermodynamics didn't exist so that this computer could run forever. Just automatic luxury and happieness for everyone.

None of this will ever happen. None of this is my fault or my problem but it makes me feel bad when you think about it.

>racist fuck thinks he's not racist

>college undergrad detected

It really depends. Some countries cannot offer enough prestigeous jobs for everyone.
Where I live, many middle agers work jobs that you will never think of as low wage, e.g. in software or sales, but in fact make little money. Age discrimination is a thing.
Some countries willm pay you more based on the years you worked legally. I've met a house cleaner who makes above average partly because of that.

what do middled aged people think when they see young people making more than them?

It's kind of sad to see but mainly because I grew up in government subsidized housing and now I own my own home and car and motorcycle and even when I see older people with some piece of shit car it's a little depressing to put myself in their shoes. Who knows I might end up back at that point some day.

i don't know, but it feels good to boss around employees that are twice your age

From experience they definitely feel inferior and have different ways of channeling it. Some use age to leverage it against you while others are just pricks to you in general.

>Substance abuse issues
>Unexpected pregancies
>Prison sentences

Any one of those things in your past can irreparably fuck your life up long-term.

Do you have sex with them

I used to work at Lowe's almost a decade ago.

There was an old Vietnam veteran there, among other older guys. Always felt pretty bad for them, and knew I'd never want to end up in their place.

Where the fuck in the world is 15usd minimum wage per hour?
It's 2.3usd per hour in my country. (Central Europe).

Lol, what the fuck is wrong with you? Most people are retards and assholes and deserve the misery they bring onto themselves

I feel much better that when I see young a$$holes here earning > $60k

It's not a big deal. Maybe they want to work like that. Maybe they traded in their hectic fast paced money making lifestyle for one that is more simple and easy going.

>ITT: white people who didn't have hard working parents

36 year old cashier making $8.45/hr here
AMA

What lead you to this point in life?
Not making fun just curious as I've seen many aged cashiers.

Depends how happy they are

Honestly, you guys are inexperienced cucks. Lots of people (like cops, soldiers) retire with pension at 35-45. They go get an easy job for beer money. Don't assume too much.

i spent my childhood playing video games and then by the time i was old enough to realize i needed college i already smoked too much weed and was too retarted..had rent to pay, gas to get to work..life happened

>I feel much better that when I see young a$$holes here earning > $60k

Yeah most of them are talking shit. What's even worse is when you catch out their naivety. I was offering advice to someone looking to do some marketing and suggesting he spend 1k and reinvest the profits to meet his 10k budget rather than dropping 10k of his own all at once for a new product. Apparently he was making 20-30k per month doing the same thing and 10k to drop on marketing was nothing to him because some fashion watch maker did it and made 250m so why couldn't he.

I think when I first noticed adults 25-40 working in computer game stores I was about 19. I thought oh my. I'm 27 now and 2 years ago I bought a copy of dark souls to play on my flatmates old ps3. Which is my entire computer game budget since I sold my PS3 at 21 year olds. I saw someone I knew who worked at the shop in my teens now still working there approaching 30, tattoos, ear extenders and loads metal shit his face. I should be being served by a 19 year old and a decade ago you would be. But the truth is that most people in these jobs got the jobs years ago and since there's no room for progression, it can be very comfy compared to tackling some sales job where you're likely to be fired every 6 months or the markets come and go based on selling some over priced service relating to a government subsidy. I mean you could make good money cold calling people for crap like cavity wall installation 10 years ago. Not anymore. And the stress of risking a comfy computer games shop for working 8 months of the year in sales is too much for some.

Consider suicide lol. I make your monthly salary in like 4 days

what do you do

Programmer

> hourly wage

> human trash

Choose both

>ITT experienced NEETS making a career out of retarded shitposting

So you can't cut costs on food or cut back time from entertainment?

t. middle aged user who got sick of that shit and started his financial journey

Psh, I wish I could get paid for that.

Part of the US have $15 min wage.

I don't think a game store job would be that stable as you said. The good side is the more you stay at one job, the more experience you will get.

>I like to ignore statistics except for those about black IQ

You've never go to singapore before have you?

>meet old woman working at store
>anonymously reveals he takes them to his jaccuzi afterwards

>counting money earned by the hour

And this is how everyone knows you're still wagie trash.

Not all, some are just really unlucky.
My friend's father used to be 120k per year 20 years ago and now makes 50k and his home is now worthless because of shitty Chicago politics.

It's not his fault politicians in this state don't know what the fuck they're doing, but it is his fault for not demanding what he's actually worth. As I recall, he's not very forceful and a huge pushover, whenever I went to my friend's house and he's fuck up, his father never got angry or anything.

So I see it as middle age people (so Boomers) are basically really bad at demanding better things. They just sort of take the punishment and think it makes them better even though their quality of life is down the shitter.

At the very least, millenials by virtue of always wanting and asking for more, will be the ones who have enough backbone to say "fuck off" to the employers when they don't get what they want. But at the same time, nothing will happen until the boomers all die off, since they caused the mess in the first place.

>taking pol onto biz
fuck off troglodyte

This

Of course you have the minority who are born into circumstances they can't change like people with disabilities, disenfranchised minorities, etc. But if you weren't born with any socio-economic handicap that prevents you from moving up the ladder then the blame lies entirely on you.

>At the very least, millenials by virtue of always wanting and asking for more, will be the ones who have enough backbone to say "fuck off" to the employers when they don't get what they want. But at the same time, nothing will happen until the boomers all die off, since they caused the mess in the first place.

There's a reason why most millennials are balls deep in debt working shit jobs barely making ends meet, that entitled attitude doesn't get you anywhere in life. Stop passing the blame on the boomers, blaming the past generation for the failings of the current one is pointless ego preservation.

California for example and others.

And I'll bet u $15 an hour they still fuck up your mcOrder every single fucking time...

currently they are redoing the sidewalk in front of my house and all workers are around 50-60

hell laying paving stones at 60 in Germany
60yo man with gray hair paving, lifting bricks kneeing on the street at 30 degrees fahrenheit

your grocery store is nothing against that
btw here in Germany they fire the old workers in the grocery store because they get more wage than younger ones

>""""men"""" that voted for clinton
Have you found your balls yet?

They might own the store or franchise. But a quick conversation usually sorts that out.

Never too late. Buy yourself a shitload of modafinil, enroll in a trade or something if you really think you're retarded. (Electrical is a good start. If you're good at it, go on to electrical engineering). Or if there's a building industry in your area, become a plumber.

The sort of skills required in these trades will get your noggin working. A lot of it is mundane shit, but it will always boil down to maths and problem-solving.

If the thought of doing physical labour frightens you, go get some basic IT qualifications - start with CCENT, and some of the other support level ones. Look it up.

It's never too late to reskill. Smoking weed doesn't damage your brain that bad. You're just lazy and haven't committed to looking at options.

was it their fault that they were born retards and asshole?

Does no one here understand pay scales here?

I bet most of those old people are making $20 and hour (as long as they don't live in a shit state with shit unions), and they never had to finance their education.

>He fell for the Le Drumpf 9% chance winning meme

I left this thread for literal days so I don't know if I will have the same ID or not.
I graduated high school with shit grades because I just fucked around and didn't care about classes or homework.
I had to get a job since I never had one in high school so I went and got a cashier position since it was something I could handle.
I've just went about my life working as a cashier ever since. I hate having to do a lot of things, I'd rather do the least amount of work possible.
I've been promoted to an assistant manager before but I was demoted due to the fact that I was totally incapable of doing what was required.
I just hate having to do anything and I really hate people as well.
I don't do anything besides drink cheap liquor and browse the internet for entertainment, mixed in with bouts of anime and video games.
I can live on my own, in low-income housing.
Most people wouldn't want to live here but nobody bothers me and I keep to myself.
So I guess just not giving a shit about life beyond the bare minimum is why I'm here.

I work with one 40 year old dude and he is actually retarded. the 30 year old is only doing it as a supplement. Anybody over the age of 30 doing full time min wage is a failure of life. This does not include mom and pop stores where they probably take home a share of the money.

CA doesn't have it yet. I have to say I am happy about it though. Wages will increase and i'm living the neet life so I don't have to spend any money.

That's an excellent point but I counter that society can only do so much for people, treating individuals like they're a bunch of children no matter how true is counterproductive in the long run.

They're either bottom of the barrel in terms of IQ, motivation, dedication, or they just never bothered to better themselves.

It makes sense for (IT) consultants and stuff like that. They make over 200 eurobucks an hour here

41, single, working at hardware store, a series of problems during my youth led to my having zero motivation

now I have stress-related health problems, few resources, no friends outside of work, and no confidence to change anything

people slip through the cracks, and when I was young I didn't care that I was one of them

its this kind of posts that keeps me motivated

godbless mr loser

this. retirement is boring as fuck

>was making $90k per year
>12 hour day constant pressure torture
>quit
>now making $65k per year
>comfy job with cool people

a lot of people working low level jobs are simply woke and realize life in a silver cage isnt worth living