pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed)
>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News

Wood Elves Trailer:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Realm of the Wood Elves - Announcement Trailer (embed)

Wood Elves Let's Play:
[Vimeo] Total War: WARHAMMER - Wood Elves Battle Let's Play (embed)

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Last Thread:

compelling, really

There's a TOMB KANG inside you right now!

Radical dude

I like it when people like me :3c

Druthu can get pretty stupid

post yfw the two standalone DLC's for Warhammer end up being Call of the Beastmen & Realm of the Wood Elves

>Gobbo archers

brave autists to a man!

If there really are 2 more games then I hope they change siege battles. I get it, it would be a pain to have these enormous fantasy cities, but 1 wall? Come on with that.

I would much rather they fix magic first but sieges are a little lame.

it takes 1 year to make a hydra and all of charlemagnes budget to make a jabber, making proper sieges costs the entire GDP of the UK

its not happening user

he's the undisputed champion out of all the LLs

Remember when everyone was shitting themselves over those huge RomeII panorama screenies?

Good times.

red cuck seems to beat him in a LL v LL situation

LL personal combat tier chart when?

But does Red cuck do that with or without summoning shenanigans?

if you're going to let red summon, let durthu summon a manticore

I'm going to kill the mini campaign today and test it myself

I' ,, ?

>almost 19k posts

I miss forums.

post memes

Mannfred von Carstein(dragon) seems to be able to beat him without summons, as long as all of his magic goes into spirit leech, gaze of Nagash, and invocation of Nagash.

After a long time at the sea, fighting barbarian scum, it is time to return home. On the way home we continue our discussion about dwarfs. Sometimes we discuss historical facts such as their inability to fight rats. Their ridiculous stubbornness etc.
The best part is when we try to think of the most creative ways to grudge the dwarfs. This is some of the creative ideas we've thought of.
1. Shave the high kings wifes beard, replace her shaven beard with skaven ass hair. Use the wifes beard as bow string and shoot the high kings children.
2. Steal/replace the book of grudges, and replace it with something creative. Or delete all elven names, maybe even wipe out krells name.
3. Give a slayer a bad doom. Such as poison it in its sleep. Cut of its arms so it can be fight etc.

There are more ideas, but we'd like to hear some from you.

What's that dwarven battlecry you sometimes hear when they charge?

clicking ambush button

Do not bully the dawi!

Greek Boys Love

no homo

>Give a slayer a bad doom. Such as poison it in its sleep. Cut of its arms so it can be fight etc.
wtf does this even mean
"a bad doom"? "cut of it's arms so it can be fight"?

I wouldn't be too concerned with what an elf was trying to say. They rarely say anything of importance, and they have trouble speaking the same tongue as the rest of us, considering they only talk to trees. Doubly so, if they're speaking lies about good Dwarfen folk again.

"It's a good day to kill someone!"

everyone knows it spergs out a slayer if he doesn't die with a bead of blood welling from his thumb and stuck in with the enemy

>Turn 90 in Empire campaign
>Wurrzag appears in Averland with a full stack of savage Big Un's
>They have a charge bonus of something crazy like 100

fugg D:

>dwarfen folk
>good
fuck that, they make up retarded grudges and then kill you because of them, Karl Franz should wipe all the manlets around him out, to defend his nations from their retarded butthurt

Slayers are oath-bound to seek their ancestral doom. That basically just means they have to try to kill something scary enough that can kill them in return. Chopping off a Slayer's arms would make it far harder for them to find a worthy fight, so they'd never be able to find their ancestral doom and would dishonour their entire bloodline for eternity.

what if all regular battles in athel loren was like this

A slayer must die in battle to be accepted into the halls of grngni

like he wouldn't go on to kill something with his teeth
man, it's like you never even played Dwarf Fortress

I said far harder, not impossible. A slayer would find a way to headbutt a troll to death.

he lost on mine

Just hide foiliage

>Shave the high kings wifes beard
Oy, datz a nice idea ya pointy ear'd git.

is there only 1 wood elf defence map for settlements boyos?, I don't even think the one maps terrible just its the 600th time I've defended.

and no the snow version if you go to norsca doesn't count as map layout remains the exact same

Can wood elves colonize Marauder camps?

If he wastes magic on Vanhel's Danse Macabre (which he did once or twice when I controlled Durthu) then he'll lose. So the AI Mannfred won't be able to kill Durthu before Durthu kills Mannfred, since they're in love with the Danse Macabre spell.

Total War: Age of Bronze when?

I already thought of that and remove all the spells apart from the ones you mentioned

Please no

not again

I was actually looking for this one, thanks

>EB flashbacks

Back to testing, I guess.

What do Greenskins have that are good against Minotaurs?

Editors note: I am being raped by beastmen at the moment.

G O B L I N S
Night goblin archers might be able to help you out here, since the poison slows them down and concentrated fire will kill just about anything.

So lads how would you feel if CA turned the mini-campaigns from what is right now essentially a smaller GC to a much more narrative-driven one.

For example, you'll still have the total war battles whenever there's a fight to be had, but in between there's much more day-to-day stuff like protecting trade routes. With a good narrative story to go with it. Think webm related.

Maybe instead of having control of the whole faction you're put in the shoes of a local mayor or general who only has control of that one city. And in order to upgrade and expand that city you need to send out troops to protect the incoming resources. This would also allow them to put more of their dev time in to improving the city building, maybe taking it back to how R2/Attila was where you could see it expand (in much more detail) on the map too.

Just a thought, since right now I feel the mini-campaigns - while not bad, are just something you play once and then never look back to. With some big changes I think they could be an interesting addition instead of just more of the same GC experience.

just connect with biguns and throw arrows on the pile

I honestly only ever rush through the Mini campaigns to unlock the shit at the end, after that I never even look back on it.

What they need are more playable factions, and better gimmicks to stand them out from the Grand Campaign.

They had the formula right with Rome II and Attila for fucks sake.

Any Big un's for anti large, Night goblins for poison, Black orcs for armor/anti-armor, any combat spec lords, Grimgore.

Some extensive character interaction would be neat.

>can be fight
Sorry about that, staying out at sea for a long time makes you forget human language. We mostly hear "muh blood god"
"Scatrats serve papa nurgle" etc.
Forgive me if my language is not up to late.

So I ran some tests of how Wood Elf units fared against Chaos Warriors (Great weapon)

>Wardancer
Lost, killed less than CW

>Wardancer with spear
Lost, killed more than CW, would probably win if on equal unit number

>Wildwood Ranger
Lost, killed less

Reminder to not use wildwood rangers, they suck

What was the idea behind giving us one (at the start) OP unit with our legendary lord?

Allright, the book is being written, grudges are being recorded. i made a new grudge (the 4th)
i will (hopefully) record all grudges you guys can think of. if you do have an idea, please write your nick, or a name you want to be recorded with it. you may also come with an alternative grudge on a grudge already written.
ill just call it 4.1 or 3.2 "by x"
im going out in a few hours, but ill be back to check up on potential new grudges

To help your weak start. Same with the starting yari samurai in shogun 2.

Is it just me or are fanatics weak as shit? (as in the dudes who get released with the ball n chain?)

They just knock over a bunch of dudes and thats it.

>be ERE
>Garamantians control Libya, Tripolitana and Sahara
>they refuse to accept my trade
>notonmysundial.jpg
>invade and occupy their provinces, turning them into a horde
>they sail into the Mediterranean, assume they'll be promptly picked off
>~50 turns later, Geats, Jutes, Langobards and all manner of barbarians are rampaging through Italy
>wut
>two Garamantian armies are there as well, notice they have two regions in Spain
>promptly invade and subjugate
>forced into war against all their old barbarian allies, armies immediately turned on and ravaged
>one army flees north into desolate baltic area
>hasn't been seen since, faction still alive, strength rank increasing

Christ this is the most persistent faction I've ever encountered.

they do quite a bit of damage, really the only way night goblins are going to kill dwarf units like ironbreakers. First used em after breaching a gate and that night goblin unit got 120 kills.

They're a gambling unit

possible to pirate the DLC?
i don't have another 60€ for like another month

No.

Also, just play the base game factions, all the DLC will be in game for the AI to use even if you don't own it.

If you're hyper autismal and don't want to miss out on anything, just buy the Lord pack specific to the faction you wanna play first you should be able to scrounge together 8 bucks

>they do quite a bit of damage

It doesn't feel like it.

Maybe it's because my only enemies so far have been high armor dwarfs..

Yeah they don't have great AP damage

If they tear through a unit of Orc boys or Empire state troops they'll do a fair bit.

so i'm starting the dlc mini campaign as durthu and i'm wondering how important it is to defend the oak of ages?

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Well I mean, you lose the game if you lose it.

So pretty important.

Thanks for telling it like it is user, you're the hero /twg/ needs but not the one it deserves.

>see thumbnail
>fully expect it to be another We Was Kangz
>turns out it is just EB
Wew

so what, you have to have an army stationed there at all times?

No, only when armies threaten it.

Nah.

Unless you're bad you should be able to fight off most of the stuff that makes it to the Oak with the built in garrison

At least I was.

Stacks will spawn near it after upgrading it so be ready for that

>tfw got the game for 30 dollars and we get all this free dlc.

Is nice.

Anons haven't played since beastmen is The King and the Warlord worth it? i like gobbos btw?

You think the success of Warhammer will make GM reboot fantasy?

I still get salty whenever I quit the game and it advertises the figures like they're still in stock...

If you like GOBBOS then you will like King and the Warlord

It's fun. You get new starting positions.

King and the Warlord is probably the best DLC.

It's one of the best DLC's and an obvious pick if you like gobbos

What happened to all the warscape arguments?

thanks anons ill trust yous. Hope i dont get meme'd

Oh fuck WE units are a lot slower in the grand campaign
Why?

god greenskins are so fucking fun

emember to invest in the melee attack skills for Skarsnik and Wolf riders become blood knight tier though you can't really get their defence or armour up.

>manlets

people realised that was a retarded thing

Napoleon or empire for guns?

Warhammer came out and resolved all the problems people had with the engine