/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

The DIY with Lavientia event has started! Obtain accessory materials through combat, gathering, and fishing, and process them to create items containing rare loot!
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/122646-patch-notes-december-7th/

All classes, with the exception of Wizard and Witch, have awakened! Spellcasters, uncover your latent power on Dec 21st!

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Don't be surprised if the thread is dead occasionally, it happens more often than you'd think.
Cock is life, Tight muscular body is hometown.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10hHbShPIf02IZYHS7pj0vYnnxq7WmPAl2I6o8ev69GU/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw in the OP

First for ninja is the best class.

kuno better

My screen constantly dims for a split second whenever people use skills in a party, how do I fix this shit?
I assumed it would be under camera effects or something but I disabled them all and it's still happening

Maybe for casuls that refuse to pvp

You just learn to ignore it

Please no.
I can deal with the constant pop in but this physically makes me sick.

Please respond

What class is summoner?

Tamer, i mixed it up but though it will be obvious still, sorry.

I play ranger, i'm higher level atm and I almost never leave awakening now when farming because of the superior damage. It is a lot more involving than bow stance was too, I wouldn't say it's super relaxed or autopilot anymore like bowstance was. I can of course go to bow stance if I feel lazy, but I will definitely be farming at a slower rate.

Camera afterimage effect to 0%
or All camera effects to 0%

Sorc is pretty braindead relaxed. Also, we blacksmith now!

Well its fine if you can manage zone out when you want, i just got warred because i saw some videos of people farming and they where swapping bow to dagger like crazy
and doing tryhard full rotations, so i thought it will be like that all the time after awakening and it doesn't look comfy at all, the ting with grinding is that i can take it, i can
grind for half a day and listen to documentaries and podcasts and i actually love it that's why i took interest in black desert, but the grinding has to be a bit mindless, just enough to be able to take your mind off from your rotations and shit.

Thanks user but i've tried and i don't really like it for some reason, so far i am interested between tamer and ranger, its not a rational decision, tamer and ranger just feel the most fun to me i am just wondering what is the rational decision between those two regarding comfyness
and of course if they can perform when you want to tryhard after the farming.

Is hunting fun/worth it? I wanna kill some whales.

I love this game

Dunno about being "worth it" but if you have a bunch of people to hunt with, you're gonna have some fun either way

> I wanna kill some whales.

Then just do PvP against some of the disgusting lardass waifus that get posted in these threads.

kek

You're disgusting on multiple levels

It's ok

ded

no user don't say that

Way more dead than usual, where did everybody go?
Is there no tamer here? are they really shit in pvp even after awakening? i know its easy to say all classes are viable but that's only if you are a pvp god, i am not very good so i worry about being able to defend myself, i know warriors and zerkers will probably shit on me but i don't feel like being the biggest pushover against everyone either, i want to try a tamer alt but i've bean googling all day i've been
reading about how shit they are, the posts are all like 8 months old though so i am not sure, is there hope?

>are they really shit in pvp even after awakening?
tamer is 1 of the strongest 1v1 and small scale classes, but anything over 10v10 and they're trash

It's sunday morning, everyone is having a hangover from the big party last night or asleep in their GF's house, they can't shitpost right now.

I've been reading about how the damage of tamer comes a lot from dog and dog doesn't scale so it dies very fast to weapons past +15, is that not still true?

Tamer if for fapping, not for fighting
Don't let your loli get killed you animal.

I got my shit fucked by a tamer in the recent patch. I don't think they're bad by any means as long as you know what you're doing whatever that is.

that's not true at all
dog is only used for random cc's and it never dies
and a proper staff combo melts someone in under 3 seconds

Can somebody explain the gearing/leveling at endgame for this game? It's so difficult to find an honest explanation of it. It seems like it's completely endless, and you're constantly racing against everybody else grinding hella crazy just to keep up competitively. Is this true? Or is it more relaxed once you get to a certain threshold? I don't mind grinding, when there's very specific and temporary objectives to grind for. But just endless grinding with no end in sight seems depressing.

is pvp still enabled past 45? or do you have to do the lvl 50 quest to enable pvp like in Korea?

The game doesn't really tell you anything about this.

Alright thanks, if she is not useless ill get both tamer and ranger to 56 or so and then decide, knowing me i will not be able to decide and i will be under geared with two characters forever but it cant be helped.

CUTE

it used to be 45, now it's 50

Endgame is literally what it is in every MMO, repeating the same thing to get better stats whether it be instances in themepark games or grinding spots and OW PvP in this game. You're pretty much going to be leveling and killing shit or doing life skills until you tri all your gear and maybe duo a few decent accessories. Tri is the soft cap. Beyond Tri you have to do exponentially more grinding for minimal gains.

sweet, guess I'll leave my waifu at 49 so she can do fishing anywhere and not get ganked by some angry manchild

Good morning /bdog/!

I want to rape the smug out of her.

Kinda looks like Shrek when he turned into a human.

Good morning!

Is NA still region locked?

Yes no spics allowed, fuck off

What's the ERP spot in this game? Is people interested in something else than the typical futa or loli thing? Can I get some ERP with a male char?
Thanks for the info

in the 9 months that i've played this game i have never encountered non ironic erp

I followed a cute witch that was walking around Heidel, I stalked her for about 1 hour across the newbee zones crawling and what not, until she finally stopped and invited me into her bedroom.

The rest is history...

She didn't invite you user, what you did was rape.

Red Moon or Apricot?
Can you dye the hand on apricot?

Red Moon

You can't dye apricot's hand

i want to red moon your apricot

WHEN

I like your colors

I hope user is having fun today!

are ultimate Kalis weapons unpopular?

They seem to give way more bang for your buck, they have the same lower damage as equivalent weapons but higher threshold.

Sadly I can't find the one I want for my class... but was wondering why I never see them mentioned.

she's so lewd!

I agree. Didn't actually think I'd bump into any of you. Glad I did, though. Regardless of me being a creeper instead of saying hi.

Still the cutest

aw

You kind of look like my long lost loli sister.
Get your ass out of the creation screen already.

bu-but there's so many cute animations here

I grinded from 15-50 yesterday. Today I logged on and I want to do all the co-op quests I missed for the inventory spaces and black stones, but I can't figure out how to start each of them.

Black Spirit offers me no quests that aren't the dailies.

What do I do /bdog/?

you skipped past all the prereqs, now you have to look up the coop quests and track backwards

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10hHbShPIf02IZYHS7pj0vYnnxq7WmPAl2I6o8ev69GU/edit#gid=0 should help

Not him but this is neat, the next weekend will be the last xp weekend so i want to take advantage of it and lvl a new character, there wont be a problem if i follow that afterwards right?

How do I backtrack each one? I'm a complete noob at this game.

Nvm, the google doc you linked has clickable links. I'm dumb.

THANK YOU, btw. Saved me a huge headache.

Why did you stop posting now?

after all of this inventory talk, I'm now looking into catching up as well ;u;

In that case, have fun

aw thank you user! I will be back soonish and with more pics not in character creation >u> see you~

>~
>

here.

I backtracked what I needed and just got the first of the CO-OP quests I was missing. Did it real fast, and black spirit offered me the quest again like I was a low level.

Even easier to speed through at level 50 than level 15.

I'm doing it like this from on.

is milfsorc your daughter?

Will this game go on sale anytime soon? Like on xmass?

I'm with a group of 4 and we've gotten to level 53-56 with 200+ AP/DP and are looking for a guild now. Will we be able to effectively PvP or will we just get shit on right now?

Great, i'll do it too.

I've been having a good day, /bdog/.

Have you?

Glad for you
Finally hit 56

Grats. Hope you enjoy your awakening.

Thank you, thank you

any advice on how to level ninja pre awakening? I really have no idea what I'm doing...

Are you NA?

hit things till they die

EU

Oh look it's my cute guardian angel Thall

is ninja the same as kuno, pre awaking in terms of skills if so then:

Fox claws
Black moonlight
Tendon Cutter

should be your primary skills, then just use fillers like Shadow Explosion, Shadow Stomp, Fatal blow.

Post thicc.

27 frames per second. Is 'Billy' still in your guild and active? If so, I will never join.

Does anyone have any tips on how to successfully buy pets off the AH? I'm pulling my hair out here trying to win bids. Most of the time I get "item already sold" but sometimes I get "Failed to buy item" which I think means I won the bid, for some reason it doesn't buy it? This is driving me nuts I just want cute pets to follow me so I don't have to loot any more.

failed to buy item means you lost the bid, otherwise it says it was successful and gives you the item

If I wanna sell cash shop shit on the market, what are items that move fast?

Pets, packs and horse gear are instant.
Outfits are slightly less instant unless you coordinate with a buyer.

Also if you sell outfits the premium outfit packs sell the fastest because they give a 10% xp buff so most people buy at least that one a new alt, those go pretty instant too, basically everything will go instant or in a few minutes
haven't really seen anything cash shop related staying on over a few minutes, even niche shit like just weapons for berzerker and shit go fast.

Why not?