Why are brands like Citroen, Seat, Skoda, Renault, Tata, Mahindra, Proton, Renault Samsung Motors...

Why are brands like Citroen, Seat, Skoda, Renault, Tata, Mahindra, Proton, Renault Samsung Motors, etc not in the North American market?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bMYeoRDalaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they are shit

youtube.com/watch?v=bMYeoRDalaI

>implying existing brands of NA doesn't have any shit cars
You must be laughing at your own lame ass sentence, right faggot?

Skoda and seat are just cheaper vw's which are shit. Renault wouldnt come in and take market share away from nissan. I could see one of the indian companys selling cars here one day if they can get up to us crash and emissions standards. They could be the new cheap shitbox with a warranty option since the koreans are trying to go upmarket. I dont think proton is a big enough company to try and crack the us market by themselves

NA market > EU

Those guys wouldn't last a year against Jap/Merican competition

Why would we want shitty ass econoboxes. The nips do that already and the states gobble up. those Junkers

>Skoda and seat are just cheaper vw's which are shit.

Spoken like a true american. You guys are even bigger badge whores than us, so with VW in the market, they would be obsolete.

Both the leon and the octavia are overall better cars than the golf.

>Citroen, Renault
French

>Seat, Skoda
You have VW.

>Tata, Mahindra,
Americans don't want people to know they're poor.

>Proton
>Samsung Motors
Don't be stupid.

>leon better

>Citroen
uninspiring, unreliable shitboxes

>Seat, Skoda
VW but cheaper and EVEN WORSE

>Renault
more uninspiring shitboxes

>Tata, Mahindra, Proton
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nobody in the US wants them. Japs and Koreans have the shitbox market cornered, domestics have the entry-level luxury and sports car markets on lockdown and the Germans got a firm grip on the premium market.
There's nobody that wants eurocuckboxes.

Actually you fags SEAT is above VW and SKODA is below VW. Check your facts ameriyards

stay butthurt skodafag

Implying vw arent the best cars ever faggot

Wrong.
SEAT is the sporty one.
Skoda is the economy one.
VW is the Chevy one.

TATA, MAHINDRA, etc. cannot meet emission and crash standards. THey also will not be able to meet requirements for no rust for like 5 years or more. Mahindra tried to import their Scorpio mini-SUV for years. Could not meet emissions whatever they tried. They were finally sued by their partner in USA for not delivering a legal vehicle.

not a skoda fan but they seem allright, wouldnt mind having it

Because the average northern American seem to consider most European brands entry-level luxury or above, and as such it wouldn't really work to attempt selling the cars that the average joe drives in Europe

We have it somewhat similar here in Europe; american cars are usually thought of as being bigger & with more powerful engines, and people are generally untrusting of their reliability. This is why american cars aren't that big of a thing here, and why Ford had the European division making its own cars on its own platforms back in the day, as they knew that europeans wouldn't buy US-Fords

both Seat and Skoda are cheaper than VW, they are just using VW engines and some of their parts, and then they cut on some edges (cheaper materials and lower build quality).
Overall they are not bad cars, alot of young guys actually prefer Seat over VW bc they are "sporty" and look more agressive.

PSA are not less reliable than the germans, maybe some older models got some eletrical issues here and there, but overall are pretty reliable cars.

also wrong, seat are not the sporty one, merely the spanish one in odd colors with stupid names. both are cheaper versions of average VWs

They're ace.

There is no market for them here

Dis.

>nice double

Because japs occupied American market, m8.

VW is already shit

They are the sporty one. Thats why 90% of SEAT drivers are men under 26

this
also Tata is literal shit

They won't hold up to the salt and temperature swings we get.

Small diesels are a no-go when it's -40 out and the people here are too retarded to maintain a battery.

All these shitboxes are sub 100hp which is a no-go when a minivan has over 300hp and trucks are pushing 400+. smart cars here are borderline dangerous.

>Seat
That name alone would never sell here, it sounds fucking stupid.

We already have plenty of small town shitboxes and they're ill suited as-is but they're at least cheap. There's no market for even more except at a new car price. Also emissions.

Ehm, I'll have you know that we get plenty of salt and those temperatures up here in northern Europe, and the cars function just fine (as long as the glow plugs and battery are in working order) for the most part

Citroen is too modern, too much French chic.

Seat is the most forgettable brand ever.

Skoda is the most average car ever. It's good in anything only by the numbers.

Renault is like a cheap spaceship with French chic. Wheres muh chrome grill?

Tata, Mahindra, etc, lol. It's an insult to include these with the aforementioned.

I was so close on buying a Samsung made Renault

>Mahindra tried to import their Scorpio mini-SUV for years.
The new Scorpios are better. They have better fuel efficiency but yeah I agree they are not the best cars around .

The only Indian SUV/Crossover I consider worthy of importing would be the Tata Hexa.

I'd maaaaaybe drive one of these if they were dirt cheap, somewhat reliable and I could get parts. I bet they'd wind up costing more than a domestic in the end so it's not worth it. I've seen a couple in Alberta, They're definitely pretty simple and spartan which I like.

>They're definitely pretty simple and spartan which I like.

I like those kind of cars too.

I've always liked the Honda Brio, for example.

Interior. Something about a super cheap, basic (but reliable) car turns me on. Too bad they would not meet safety regulations in any nation that has them.