fast and furious: Tokyo drift

> fast and furious: Tokyo drift
> movie about slow Japanese cars drifting around tight corners with no fun racing

Dropped. I liked it when he had the American muscle car in the beginning. No one wants to see a bunch of 4 cylinders going fast around corners, I want to see muscle action, dammit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQMQkMvRG3I
youtu.be/kwSMgPYhWbo
youtu.be/xJSrwTq33V4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This movie is also the reason Japanese cars are fucking expensive today.

>RB26
>4 Cyl
>VQ35
>4 cyl
>Rotary
>4 cyl

Only main 4 cyl car in this game is the Evo

>game
meant movie

muscle cars are lame

go watch all those shitty 60s and 70s movies

Fedora detected

boomer detected

Ameri fat detected.
I'm not even him, I like muscle to.
But old muscle is slow. Numuscle is slower and gay.

Second worse of the franchise, weebs here will defend it to death though.

old muscle cars are abysmally slow compared to even modern V6 family cars

Bumping with first part of theme

I wonder if you know
How they live in Tokyo
If you see me then you mean it
Then you know you have to go
Fast and furious (Drift, Drift, Drift)
Fast and furious (Drift, Drift, Drift)

>I want to see muscle action, dammit.

visit /hm/

This was my ringtone once.

I'm sorry.

At least it was catchier than other F&F ringtones

You miss the final race with the slow muscle car drifting around tight corners?

>Any F&F after the first.

welcome to 2006

But I like the ejecto seat, cuz

Millenial scum

>numuscle
Kys

>implying 5 second 0-60 is slow
Kys twice

Did you get butthurt when you saw a mustang get swapped with an rb26

>implying they didn't just get better and better with each installment

I have a RB25 swap in my Silvia and I kind of want to put it in a Foxbody for the lols if I find a way to do it for under 5k

>Fast
>muscle cars all topped out at 120 before the 1990s and focused solely on acceleration and noise

tokyo drift was one of the most entertaining ff. My only issue was that cornbread mcgee needed to be taught to drift. He was driving a Modified 70s car. With any sort of power he would have been drifting every time the road was wet or he applied to much go pedal.

>doesn't know the difference between drift and powerslide
Hello newfag

>a guy who's clearly in his 30s attending high school
all of my wut

i liked the opening sequence though

>hasn't ever owned a big block b body and gone sideways every fucking where
sorry bro.

So you don't know the difference.

>tfw average "neck breaker" wants to look swag af is the primary market for these cars
Sucks dick and I'm not even into nip cars.

I wish it was Initial D that made the insane demand for Supra's and shit because F&F is fucking trash

>initial D saved American industry from making only FF soulless shitboxes

why don't you explain what you believe to be a powerslide and a drift.

Powerslides are initiated by pure torque and the lose of traction you did not intend to lose

Drifting is simply planned lose of traction usually created from a lateral G increase and body roll.

One is a dumb fuck who doesn't know his car. The other is a dumb fuck who doesn't like his tires.

damage control

>old muscle is sloooow

yeah, anybody that used to race muscle when they were new didnt leave them stock.. i believe their appeal came from how inexpensive and simpple it is to make them fast. this shit isnt rocket science.

heads
cam
headers
rear gears
fat tires

and all the little tricks you learn with time and experience wrenching on old cars.

kekerino, 9.2/10

What is the point of having a shit handling gm b body with 400+ torks if you don't plan on losing traction.

A powerslide may not be considered a drift, although some do. Another definition was when power is used to kick out the backend after a turn was begun. I could kick out the backend of my chevelle going perfectly straight. I imagine if i was good i could have used the throttle to then get around a corner while maintaining a lose of traction, so i would have entered the corner at an angle and left straight or at an angle, but most likely in a tree. I just used it to do sick burnouts and donuts and go fast from stop light to stop light.

The term drift has to many definitions. If you are young and own a modified big block b body you become familiar with traveling at various angles both planned and unplanned.

you stupid as hell ameritard

If you think about it this was actually a really bold decision made by the movie's directors.

I mean imagine how many boomers got triggered over that

Nah, you're a retard. It's easy as fuck to drift in a RWD with that much torque... you end up doing it unintentionally unless you have DSC

>unintentionally
Then its not a drift. Swinging your ass out due to too much power is not drifting.

It's like calling a sandwich on a bagel the same thing if you replace the bagel with whole wheat.

It's not the same, one is fucking tasty, the other is garbage.

>too much power
found the honda owner.

>doesn't understand power is worthless if its without traction

the dream

so you have the 1.3 liter d-series engine then.

So you have a bus pass?

This guy gets it.

Yes but the basics of oversteer is the same. He should be comfortable with the tail out at least. He had no idea wtf he was doing when he was trying to drift in that parking garage

You don't think he ever tried to scandi flick his b body? Feint drift? Clutch kick? Handbrake? I feel like anybody with a rwd has at least attempted these

>Scandi flick
No
>Feint drift
No
>clitch kick
yes
>handbrake
yes

Hes supposedly a 17 year old kid. The first two a Murica! muscle kid wouldn't even knew existed.

scandi flick was the first thing I tried. feint was second... but at the time i was 18 so i guess youre right

i wasnt any good at it though

>the first two a Murica! muscle kid wouldn't even knew existed.
They (i at that age) wouldn't know the name Scandi Flick and Feint, but you would know the maneuvers. Its pretty basic to initiate. Handbrakes are for fail wheel drive.. and the parking brake was on the floor anyway. Never did a clutch kick.

>it's pretty basic idea
>throw your car to go left
Right. Basic. That's why F1 drivers don't understand this concept at all.

>Tokyo Drifter
>not a single car scene
Dropped.

Super good movie regardless imo

I don't get what you're trying to say

He's much better in NCIS NOLA

that the idea of weight transfer is some common idea.

People can't even tell the difference between their and there. And you think some 17 year old who owns a muscle car and just fucks around understands weight transfer in a flick.

it wasnt that cheap

and even modified they werent that fast unless it was some top level stuff

old muscle is just shit unless you dump thousands into them

>that the idea of weight transfer is some common idea.
it is. people learn how to ride bicycles and skateboards without having a degree in theoretical physics...
knowing something and understanding something are two different things

>And you think some 17 year old who owns a muscle car and just fucks around understands weight transfer in a flick
yes. stop thinking you are special.

>yes I think someone who is 17 years old and has no prior experience has natural latent talent
kek.

autism.

>natural talent
>being able to operate a bicycle, skateboard and car
umm..

if some kid is fucking around he is going to learn how the car reacts to his actions, whether through muscle memory or sitting down like an autist pretending to be ryosuke
give an eight year old grand theft auto and a controller and in 20 minutes he will be attempting to utilize weight transfer to run over hookers sideways.

>pushing x and moving an analog stick is the same as
>clutch/gas/brake/steering
>accounting for traction/body roll/g-forces/actual life penalties

Yup, totally the same concepts user, 10/10

have you ever hooned around in a car before?

>dirt parking lot
>"hmm if i jerk the opposite direction before trying to do a skid the rear swing out earlier and more aggressively..."
if someone doesnt instantly recognize this within a few minutes of throwing their car around, they are straight up brain dead. eight year olds on dirt bikes grasp the concept of countersteer liek a babies and sucking on a titty. you are just dumb.

Old muscle, maybe. But you can find modern iron block LS based truck motors everywhere for cheap. Lots of displacement, lots of aftermarket, can take boost pretty well.

Throw that in your f body and see how fast that thing is

>8 year olds on dirtbikes
You mean 8 year olds who have been racing in AM shit for 2 years.

And again, people who "hoon" in a parking lot don't fucking understand jack shit. As they are just throwing the car around all willy nilly. Not actually fucking doing anything.

Nothing to be triggered about, boomers know the first gen mustangs had inline 6 engines so they just put in a better one

>Lucas Black
>Born 1982
>FAF3 2006
>2006-1982=30's

You're wrong

You're right

>You mean 8 year olds who have been racing in AM shit for 2 years
no, a normal eight year old who has been riding his huffy for two years prior

>people who "hoon" in a parking lot don't fucking understand jack shit
you are clueless. how do you think people learn to drive? forking out thousands for private racing lessons?

and yes, they are just throwing it around 'willy nilly', they are not aiming for a certain points or trying to link different skids. sounds like you are projecting your own clueless "oh shit what am i doing" moments

Right, so explain then why are there so many crashes in the world if counter steering and weight transfer is soooo easy.

Do go on, I'll be waiting with a few million youtube hooning crash videos.

statistics state otherwise. faggot

>litterally millions of videos of hooners crashing their cars into parking lot pools
>ITS EASY GUYS
>YOU SHOULD DO IT GUYS

yea nah, As someone who has spent time on the track properly controlling a car isn't simple you fucking bench racer.

Go back to Forza.

>muh takumi posters
>muh initial D is fact posters

Just because they're intuitive doesn't mean people practice them.
You can have all the knowledge in the world, but with out experience it's worthless on the first go.

>Right, so explain then why are there so many crashes in the world if counter steering and weight transfer is soooo easy.
then how do racing car drivers manage to crash if they understand these concepts?

do go on, i'll be waiting with a few million youtube race car crash videos

>statistics
i think yorue falling onto the troll card right now bcz yorue so BTFO

getting on this defensive this hard because you are a clueless nocar idiot.
its okay that you didnt begin to understand countersteer or weight transfer or anything else until you had already been driving for a decade. meanwhile non braindead people learned about these things when they were a kid throwing a paddock basher around.
stay salty

sauce me bro

Because 95% of people consider cars appliances and have never initiated oversteer on purpose in their lives. Most actual car enthusiasts are part of that 5%, especially if they drive rwd.

I'm sure this fast and furious dude who built that car at 17 has the ability to control oversteer. seriously I figured this shit out when I was 16 in my friends miata in the high school parking lot

>Drifting is simply planned lose of traction usually created from a lateral G increase and body roll.
>increased lateral force and body roll being a plan for anything but a rollover

So what if a guy plans to lose traction by the application of pure torque? What about when the pro drifter's plan wasn't to slam ass first into a wall like many of them do? That was planned loss of traction but ultimately they are no more in control than your powerslide scenario. Every drift ever is also initiated by pure torque; the lateral force rotating the ass of the car around an axis within the car. Drifting is maintained oversteer, usually with the caveat that you meant to do it.

You are the dumbfuck, talking out of your ass.

>in my friends miata
You don't even know what oversteer is, the correct term in the miata is understeer.

>slammed into the wall
This does not apply in anway to what was stated. You are adding variables that have no place in the definition.

>well whats it mean to go fast
>what if that guy going fast just has a wall suddenly placed in front of him anymore
>then hes not going fast is he, he's hitting the wall
>you are a dumb fuck who doesn't understand what going fast is

>Every drift ever is also initiated by pure torque
>doesn't know what feinting is
>doesn't know about trail braking
>doesn't even know pleg tier e-brake
Who's the dumbfuck here?

check out this miata understeering

>rain
cool story bro.

>Every drift ever is also initiated by pure torque
he wasnt talking about standing on the gas, he was trying to be a smart ass about rotation through means of weight transfer

>at the exit of corner car pushes wide
understeer :^)

Like I said, he's the real dumbfuck here.

>What is the definition of a twisting force applied to cause rotation about an axis

>who's the dumbfuck here

You.

You are using torque incorrectly there. It's a object in motions the sudden change is based on motion and not a force applied on it outside of the weight shift. As such, it's a lateral G shift, not torque.

Oversteer is oversteer, whether it's raining or not

You really don't know what you're talking about, don't you

So FWD cars now oversteer huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=JQMQkMvRG3I

>trying to turn corner
>instead of going in car goes out
>not understeer
mhmm...

Yeah, FWD cars can oversteer

Throw narrow enough rear tires on there, stiffen the rear sway bar enough, and yank the handbrake hard enough and almost any car can oversteer

FWD cars can't really "power oversteer" however, since adding throttle mid slide just straightens the car out.

Just stop posting

>top picture
literally what the miata does in the video
it goes wide, it doesnt tighten its line at all

I know what you're getting at and I'm probably mincing the words in my head but wouldn't an object in motion changing direction from the force of that same motion violate Newton's second law? Also a lateral G shift is still by definition a force and a force applied to cause rotation around a given axis is still torque. The net motion of a bullet may still be forward but it can start to tumble due to torque being applied to the tip and rotate about the relative centerline.

That miata has the front tires gripping the entire video, never breaking traction. Notice the image, on the understeer panel, the front tires are turning in but the car is plowing towards the edge of the track

Whether the line tightens or not is irrelevant.

You can oversteer into a decreasing radius corner or increasing radius corner, it just depends on how much throttle you give it and how much steering angle

Note I'm taking about rwd cars

>That miata has the front tires gripping the entire video
so its understeering? put 185s on the rear and 245s on the front, it will udnersteer like your mum. it literally does not matter which direction the wheels are turning. direction of the line is all that matters for oversteer or understeer.

>all these bus riders

Post ten seconds of you drifting in your car.

m8 you're wrong... Idk how else to explain it.

If your front tires lose grip first, (and the car starts going wide even with increased steering input) it's understeer

If the rear tires lose grip first, (and the tail subsequently swings out) it's oversteer.

Nigga...

youtu.be/kwSMgPYhWbo

youtu.be/xJSrwTq33V4

So you're a fat midwesterner?

Depends on how knowledgeable you are. Those fucks from motor trend can throw together some serious garbage and make it fly own the quarter mile. Not too bad for 60 year old tech on fat ass cars