/aog/ - Attorney Online General

~ Hotdogs Edition ~
/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>Recent Updates
- AOV Christmas Event is now on: docs.google.com/document/d/1OOw-YfY6A3h2nqqBBot2zDW-w3KgSflqdiowZ9PrIog/edit
- AO2 is still in development. For more information and downloads check: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/zwJ8L
imgur.com/a/8bkVu
imgur.com/a/t3kbn
strawpoll.me/11857605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cummy

First for Kirigiri

First for Maya

git gud

I NEED IMAGES.
IMAGES OF CASES.

I can accept this, as long as it's AA.

Anotha one

imgur.com/a/zwJ8L

I'll make a sequel to this album one day.

And by one day I mean RIGHT NOW.

Will take a bit, though.

>that old Greg
wew

Bump.

The emotes in the album are now improved.
imgur.com/a/8bkVu

imgur.com/a/t3kbn

You can have my favourite memecap, user.

Case building in area 2

who cares?

People who want to case.

But it's Sunday so ehhhh

Thank you, Mememan

>Adachi and Rise can't even move their jaws in the zooms.
That's because they don't move their jaws ever. There's no reason to make their jaws move, when the games have the jaws as static. Their jaws only move in anime.

>but only have two lip flaps (possibly more in Rise only due to person who created the third lip flap or all of them).
All of them have at least four, some have more than four. I recall some being comprised of only unique frames of flap animation. I didn't do Adachi, and I can agree that his flaps are terrible.

>but I had to put in 50 or 60 frames in an emote to make sure that the lip flaps and the blinkings are consistent
I can appreciate that it took a lot of time and it's good that you put hard work into things, but that was time better spent elsewhere. The flaps weren't very good. Rather than making many frames of animation, and adding blinking simultaneously, you should have perfected the flaps first, and then made a stand alone noflap blinking sprite, and then merged the two. You have to do some basic math to fit them - ie, the lipflaps take 300ms to run their course, and the blinks run at 500ms, so you need 3 sets of blinks overlayed for every 5 sets of flaps in the sprite. The flaps ought to have taken many hours, not the jiggling around of frames. When I find myself toying with scripts more than actually drawing, I always take a breather, and then stop. You only add more frames when you must, because you can't draw to that effect in existing frames.

>(since you were very pushy),
I do apologise if that seemed aggressive, but I had the impression you weren't being very receptive to criticism.

How Adachi got in is beyond me, but if I didn't take up Rise, she would have never got in, because the original user's work was really bad. If you recall when she was being polled, the work that was done was of a really bad quality, and it wasn't finished. I'm convinced they were meming and never actually wanted her in.

>How Adachi got in is beyond me
Was Adachi actually polled or was he just put in>

polled

I think he was polled, but I can't remember. This must be the doing of the dark age of the law.

I started to do his flaps from scratch two months ago, but redoing someone else's work is soulcrushingly boring, and it doesn't provide any utility as new content does.

Huh, thought this was ended already. But thanks for your input.

I went to work right after posting the wall of text saying the sleeve holders looked out of place and Elizabeth looked off. Some other guy posted after that.

But yes. Do keep on making more things, and improving.

Sorry about before. Hm... I should post in thread more for improvements.

Oop, wrong post. But yes, Prison Godot's sprites are fixed.

Does anyone remember that chart we had of all the defense/prosecution characters along with a short blurb about what the people who play them are like?

Can we make a new one?

Not those, it was a huge list from Phoenix, Apollo, Greg, etc onwards.

Meme case may be dying in area 2, sign up!

No

I want Mia to sit on my face

I remember what you're talking about but don't have it saved.

I think the best way to handle any and all new Content from here on out is to have a strict rules for any non-AA or AA crossover characters.

Honestly I would straw poll that every non-AA or crossover related character should be repolled with current standards but that would require the mods and lewdton to be competent and to actually do their jobs on tip of the people here not throwing a massive bitchfit over having to follow to rules.

>I think

Ok, make a poll for it.

It would just let to everything to be rigged and nothing accomplished.

The % required to be added goes up, which will normally prevent characters unless they are good enough quality.

Re-polling anything would be pointless.

The current rules are fine, peole just need to ask for feedback more.

Making the rules stricter when we only have like 6 people making things is surely going to end well.

Rest In Pieces

>we lost to an even deader general
>it wasn't even a close loss

Are the Paynes animated ingame?

Reminder lawful said he would ban himself if we lost to 5N@F

thicc casing in area 3

oh right I did say that, didn't I
Let me just get on and call a mod to get that sorted out

We were just kidding you mememan.

I know you're kidding, that's why I'm doing it.

Get meme'd on kiddo

aw shit son I got meme'd real good damn you memelord

T H I C C

Thicc?

>Witness has 50 lines of textimony

We're going to have the Pikmin of cases. 30 witnesses at once, all organized by color.

no.

You're right, organized by HAIR color

[Loud Screaming]

THICC

>The detective adds 10 new pieces of evidence

REQUESTS WERE A MISTAKE.

What's AO's GOAT Asspull?

Burger Grease

does anyone still play this game?

There are 2 cases going in our server right now.

Winged Kurain Lions

When I was playing about a year ago everyone was an asshole. Has this community changed at all?

>liking a garbage forced meme that was perpetuated by a garbage player

nope

@162495631
>A good nitekrew meme that Names never forced

Fuck off yourself shitposter-kun. No (you) for you.

Fuck off Names, go give up somewhere else.

Would you get Cammy's cummies?

>Detective perfectly indicts himself completely by accident
wew

did someone say thicc?

not GOAT but a goodie

blackquill was british the whole time

more

am I case?

>Ginamod constructs one of the most elaborate theories on AO
>Nothing in it is wrong
>The ENTIRE prosecution defects to her side
>And it was all as Mia, solo.

Was she merely pretending?

>She
Names is a dude.

It's been 6 months since I last played. Is it worth updating or should I just delete and re-download?

Gina mod is a cute girl! A CUTE GIRL!

At this point I'd say redownload

>Blackquill was played like a damn fiddle
So good

Dead?

Game

Should I beat AA6 before coming to play AO?

If you care about spoilers, maybe not. There's casual spoilers in the form of character animations, and there's nothing stopping discussion about it. Otherwise, come on in

Here's something AO2 should have:

The ability to have text scrolls start DURING the preanimation, so that people can talk during breakdowns

strawpoll.me/11857605

How about you fuck off?

Nah.

Thanks user.

but what about the memes